A very public about-face

#34fan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you state, that was me New Era.

In fact, when BA tried to spin it, I responded that some three year All-Americans succeed and some fail.

He then proceded to try and ridicule that.

Now Mr. Adams is either showing some short term memory problems, or (more likely) is trying to weasel out of his previous attempts at making a point.

Impeccable timing, B. You seem to have missed the party. Coincidence?

You may continue your love-fest with T'eo all you'd like. It's unlikely that you'll respond to my calling you out when he underachieves next year, and busts in two. My only hope is it's not with the Bills.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

You can't based on a YouTube clip either. You need to take a composite of a lot of things.

Teo more often then not falls on the very good side. Well he had his worst day on his biggest stage, he had fantastic days on pretty big stages.

The problem is he's not a "rare enough" guy to go top ten. He's a bit more poz, or maualuga than a game changer. I love getting a solid reliable player but at 8 you want the type of athlete that you can't get at the top of the second or in free agency.

Teo would immediately make us a better team, but he wouldn't be the best available player at 8. If he slides a bit I'd love him in the second

thanks Saint. Perfectly said. I don't want him even in the 2nd but I agree you'd have to take a shot at him if he was available.

He ABSOLUTELY inferred that. If you don't agree, then move along. That's certainly what I got out of it.

BA

Lol. So he guaranteed that Te'o would succeed in the nfl? That's what you got out of that? I guess that's why we're having this useless back and forth. Because you put words into people mouths. I ABSOLUTELY did not think he was inferring Te'o was a guaranteed success in the nfl because he was an AA/ 3 time starter. Did anyone else think that he was guaranteeing success? Anyone?

LOL................what a weak counter-argument

No list needed, since it would not really prove anything. Many All-Americans succeed, some fail.

Funny, no one wants to debate with the "professional NFL scouts all put him in the top 15 picks" argument.

They must be blinded by "hype"..................lol

i was more impressed by the Miami QB than I was by Te'o.

No thanks.

Jarvis Jones gives you game-changing ability.

Bjoern Werner gives you game-changing ability.

Dion Jordan gives you game-changing ability.

Te'o gives you a fake G/F.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: say it again...........with Teo it feels like we have another Tyler Hansborough/Tim Tebow on our hands.

When draftniks say "don't expect luke kuechly"..........I say don't expect the #8 pick.

Down w Nassib and Teo. Up with Tyler Wilson and Dion Jordan.

Impeccable timing, B. You seem to have missed the party. Coincidence?

You may continue your love-fest with T'eo all you'd like. It's unlikely that you'll respond to my calling you out when he underachieves next year, and busts in two. My only hope is it's not with the Bills.

BA

Your responses are getting sadder.

Sorry that I didn't hang on here all evening, I (coincidentally...lol) have a life.

You repeatedly read more into people's responses then is there, you should work on that.

I was agreeing with the OP that Te'O was a very good player and that this "catfishing" nonsense was unimportant.

For myself, I hope the Bills take a QB.

and as for your "calling me out in a few years" if you are right, well.........................go ahead, but the fact that you feel you have to even type that is again...................sad for you.

Edited by B-Man

I thought the very same thing, and I can totally understand why you'd say that. I watched Te'o in that game very closely, and after a while, it was clear that he wanted NO PART of those OT's, and/or punishing RB's... -I think Mant'i was satisfied with his body of work, and at that point made a BUSINESS decision to stay out of harms way. -It was a bit cowardly perhaps, but I can't say I blame him

Is this not a major red flag? Scared of real competition, forgets to show up in biggest game of life? Teo sounds worse and worse by the day. He should get picked in the late teens IMO....

Your responses are getting sadder.

Sorry that I didn't hang on here all evening, I (coincidentally...lol) have a life.

You repeatedly read more into people's responses then is there, you should work on that.

I was agreeing with the OP that Te'O was a very good player and that this "catfishing" nonsense was unimportant.

For myself, I hope the Bills take a QB.

and as for your "calling me out in a few years" if you are right, well.........................go ahead, but the fact that you feel you have to state is again......sad for you.

"Catfishing" is not nonsense. How dare you make light out of such a serious matter. :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: say it again...........with Teo it feels like we have another Tyler Hansborough/Tim Tebow on our hands.

When draftniks say "don't expect luke kuechly"..........I say don't expect the #8 pick.

Down w Nassib and Teo. Up with Tyler Wilson and Dion Jordan.

Agree. The Bills aren't taking him with #8 so this thread.... I hope this thread has run it's course. My only two cents is if we don't trade down then there are at least12-18 players I would rather have then Te'o. If that makes me a hater so be it. Agree 100 % with the up for Jordan and Wilson and down on Nassib and Teo.

And finally, even though my opinion leans more to 'BUD ADAMS", he is one of the most obnoxious posters I've read in awhile :thumbdown: . Please go root for another team. :death:

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I certainly hope these people saying things like this also don't want Jarvis Jones. Alabama did the same thing to Jones in the SEC championship game as they did to Manti Te'o in the BCS game.

wow....you sure about that? Certainly not that I could recall ......

Agree. The Bills aren't taking him with #8 so this thread.... I hope this thread has run it's course. My only two cents is if we don't trade down then there are at least12-18 players I would rather have then Te'o. If that makes me a hater so be it. Agree 100 % with the up for Jordan and Wilson and down on Nassib and Teo.

And finally, even though my opinion leans more to 'BUD ADAMS", he is one of the most obnoxious posters I've read in awhile :thumbdown: . Please go root for another team. :death:

How can you say with such certainty that the Bills aren't taking him at 8? He will be in the discussion, no doubt

How can you say with such certainty that the Bills aren't taking him at 8? He will be in the discussion, no doubt

I'm not sure that's true...We'll see...I've never thought Te'o was a top 10 prospect...Top 20? Maybe...1st Round? Probably...But IMHO not top 10... B-)

LOL................what a weak counter-argument

No list needed, since it would not really prove anything. Many All-Americans succeed, some fail.

Funny, no one wants to debate with the "professional NFL scouts all put him in the top 15 picks" argument.

They must be blinded by "hype"..................lol

I question how many actual scouts still have him in the top 15 after the revelations of the past week. In the NFL, everyone is insanely physically gifted. For the most part, what separates the ones who succeed from the ones who don't is their mental attributes. (Example: Ryan Leaf vs Peyton Manning.). At best, Te'o has some serious issues upstairs. Doesn't mean he's a bad person, but I would want him no where near my team.

Edited by mannc

In my opinion and that's all it is. there is no way we take him @ #8.

In any order these guys are better PRO prospects :

1. LukeJoeckel 6. Dee Milliner

2 Star Lotulelei 7. DaMontre Moore

3. Dion Jordan 8. Jarvis jones

4. Bjorn Werner 9. Barkevious Mingo

5. Chance Warmack

And i also think there is a great chance they draft QB @ #8---> even if they have him rated #20.

Those candidates are:

A. Tyler Wilson

B. Matt Barkley

C. Mike Glennon (Who I don't like at all)

D. Geno Smith

E. Ryan Nassib (Hopefully not him until round 2)

That is how I draw my conclusion but if we do take him. then I hope is a great. He just looked so small against Alabama... coudn't shed the linemans blocks... missed tackles....Wasn't impressed especially when you compare him to the playing ability of the guys I mentioned. I just don't see how he goes that early But i don't hate the guy like some on here..

i was more impressed by the Miami QB than I was by Te'o.

No thanks.

Jarvis Jones gives you game-changing ability.

Bjoern Werner gives you game-changing ability.

Dion Jordan gives you game-changing ability.

Te'o gives you a fake G/F.

I agree that Stephen Morris is a very good QB prospect. Light years ahead of a kid like Nassib, IMO. I can also apreciate what kids like Werner and Jordan bring to the table... Jarvis Jones is a good 4-3 OLB, but he's had his share of missing-in-action games too.

My apologies for getting all Philosophical on you, but I lean toward drafting WEAPONS, as opposed to just good, or even really good players that just happen to to fit our scheme.

To use an example from Last year's draft, Ryan Tanneyhill is a very good QB. He's quick, athletic, and makes some good throws.. Andrew Luck, by contrast, is a weapon. -He makes ALL the throws, and then some. He leads men, and can finish games on the strength of his arm alone.. See the difference?

Brandon Weeden is a solid QB prospect... Russell Wilson and RG3 however, are both weapons. The skill-sets owned by these rookies make them lethal to opposing defenses.

Teo is a weapon because when he's on his game, his instincts and coverage skills represent a significant threat to opponents passing, and ground games. He can be very disruptive at times, and must be accounted for. If our needs at DE were as glaring as our need at LB, I'd whole-heartedly support Jordan or Werner at #8.

However, the fact is, we can pick up a guy like SMU's Margus Hunt at DE later in this draft. -A real weapon when he's up and running, but available at a discount, because he's from a non AQ conference, and doesn't get tons of press.

Kelvin Sheppard, Nick Barnett, and Kirk Morrison simply aren't that effective. Any one (or two) of those guys can go, as far as I'm concerned. Nigel Bradham looks very good, but adding Teo could really trick that linbacking corp out.

I'm not trying to say that Mant'i Teo is a must for us at 8... I'm just saying that given his body of work, I don't mind the idea as much I used to.

Edited by #34fan

yup. All the same scouts that thought Maybin, Sanchez, Leaf, Russel, Young, Gabbert, Curry, and McClain were also top draft picks. Say what you want about how many of them were over rated at the time, or some scouts Didnt think they were as good as advertised. In the end, all of these players were expected to be first round draft picks and all of them either sucked or flamed out because of mental issues. It's not an exact science.

I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it at all. Lets leave it at that. Only a few years will tell about this kid and how good he really is. We will all know soon enough. I'm guessing he's more along the lines of Aaron Curry than even Poz. That's how bad I think he's going to be. We will see.

Bingo, Manti Te'o makes me think of Aaron Maybin. What a waste that pick was. Add to that the speculation of not putting it all on the line as a Business decision and being "Catfished" and the picture is not good. You didn't see Andrew Luck make a "business decision" and leave for the NFL a year early. If this guy can't put it on the line for the National Championship that should worry everyone. But that is just speculation. What seems to be real is a lack of real world awareness in dating a non-existent person. This guy is dumb as wood or gullible at a level which should be a major Red Flag.

Bingo,

If we're going defense at #8, I want the Bills to draft this freak...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRruEk

thats a great looking video. The guy certainly has some serious speed on the edge. Didnt see him overpower much and bull rush his blocker much in that video but with his massive size I'm sure it can be done. He also looks like he can still put in some weight and keep his speed.

Really reminds me of Kearse or Greg Lloyd. He would be absolutely dominating if we had him and Mario on the other side. Would maybe make Moore move to OLB if that is even possible or just have Moore and Anderson spell Mario and this kid and always have some seriously fresh legs in at all times.

I'd like to see more of this kid.

Bingo, Manti Te'o makes me think of Aaron Maybin. What a waste that pick was. Add to that the speculation of not putting it all on the line as a Business decision and being "Catfished" and the picture is not good. You didn't see Andrew Luck make a "business decision" and leave for the NFL a year early. If this guy can't put it on the line for the National Championship that should worry everyone. But that is just speculation. What seems to be real is a lack of real world awareness in dating a non-existent person. This guy is dumb as wood or gullible at a level which should be a major Red Flag.

Bingo,

yes this. I've had conversations with women online in my life. Talked to them for hours on the phone at night. Became very close with them. Still not close enough to call them a GF or anything like that but in this day in age, with Skype, and video, and all the technology available how is it even possible for this kid to be completely fooled.

Even if he wasnt in on it, I have serious questions about his common sense. That red flag is flying high enough and blowing hard enough that I wouldn't even bother to interview the kid. If I was a scout, maybe I'd miss out in a special player, maybe I wouldn't, but I just wouldn't waste the time with him at this point. There's serious issues no matter what the truth is.

Plenty to see and investigate between now an April... Lots of homework for the pro-scouts as well as for us amateurs. As I've said before, this draft represents a rare opportunity on the defensive side of the ball.

No question the Teo kid has issues. I just think I may have written his value off too quickly.

While re-visiting his performances over the last three years, I came to the conclusion that there are far WORSE picks @ 8.

And as some of you have pointed out, there could be far BETTER ones too.

All I can say is if we took Teo at #8, and then double-dipped for another solid LB in a later round, -I'd be at peace with it until the kid let me down.