A very public about-face

#34fan

LOL................what a weak counter-argument

Kinda like this gem by you?

No list needed, since it would not really prove anything. Many All-Americans succeed, some fail.

Thank you for proving my main point and neutering your own. That's pretty funny.

Funny, no one wants to debate with the "professional NFL scouts all put him in the top 15 picks" argument.

Oh? I think Mrags did a brilliant job. Or do you have selective reading issues?

"yup. All the same scouts that thought Maybin, Sanchez, Leaf, Russel, Young, Gabbert, Curry, and McClain were also top draft picks. Say what you want about how many of them were over rated at the time, or some scouts Didnt think they were as good as advertised. In the end, all of these players were expected to be first round draft picks and all of them either sucked or flamed out because of mental issues. It's not an exact science." -- Mrags

Let's revisit Te'o one year from now, just as K-9 and I agreed to revisit Graham over Wilson a year later, right after we picked the failed WR. Still waiting, K-9.

BA

If you're sayin "NO" for Teo @8, What's your major hangup with him? -Just not good enough? Do you agree that he's still young, and should be allowed to grow as a player and a person?

Fair question. I don't believe he will fare well against NFL talent, and I question his judgment. I see him as a distraction, in light of last week's drama. I'd rather not deal with it.

Edit: I absolutely agree that he's still young and should be allowed to grow as a player and a person. Just not on the Bills, who can do better @#8.

Just my opinion.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't based on a YouTube clip either. You need to take a composite of a lot of things.

Teo more often then not falls on the very good side. Well he had his worst day on his biggest stage, he had fantastic days on pretty big stages.

The problem is he's not a "rare enough" guy to go top ten. He's a bit more poz, or maualuga than a game changer. I love getting a solid reliable player but at 8 you want the type of athlete that you can't get at the top of the second or in free agency.

Teo would immediately make us a better team, but he wouldn't be the best available player at 8. If he slides a bit I'd love him in the second

I'd take him he's plenty good as an athlete. His game reminds me of teddy bruschi: smart, intense, has the size at 250, makes the defensive calls, playmaker that gets interceptions, tackling machine who will do his part as long as the guys in front of him do theirs. Can't ask for anything more. You dont lead a team in tackling by being a poor tackler.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I would.

I bet you would. Let's start with Maybin and McClain, who both fall into that category. A list like that would take HOURS to compile because there are hundreds of Maybins and McClains over the past decade alone.

The crux of his argument is that you can't judge a player by one game.

That was the OP's argument, which was well stated. His argument was gibberish. Sorry.

I had to get myself mentally away from Wannstedt's sad, dysfunctional 4-3, and picture Teo in the shifting fronts, and disguised blitz's of Pettine's Hybrid. When you do that, it's easier to see Teo as a disruptive force against the pass, and an enforcer against the run.

I realize that side of his game didn't show much vs. Alabama, but it was clear in several others.

Edited by #34fan

I bet you would. Let's start with Maybin and McClain, who both fall into that category. A list like that would take HOURS to compile because there are hundreds of Maybins and McClains over the past decade alone.

That was the OP's argument, which was well stated. His argument was gibberish. Sorry.

I didn't want a list. I just wanted to see you make an attempt at making a list. You stated 2 names. Maybin and McClain. And failed. You should do some research time. Your list is incorrect. Sorry.

already answered this in my long thread. If you can't judge based on one game, then why bother to watch the video where it proves he's good. Or any other highlight video for that matter.

Just saying.

No video is going to prove anything regarding how someone will progress in the NFL. Watching a video, if you've only seen a player play one time, allows you to see a bigger sample size of his abilities. More is better. Less is less. If the only time you watched Ryan Fitzpatrick play was vs the raiders in week 2 2011 you'd think he was spectacular. Decent deep accuracy. Resilient and clutch. But.... Yeah. Watching a video will allow you to learn more about ones abilities. As opposed to not watching and not know except what you saw in one game.

We were talking about three, though... He can try any way he likes, I have a way around it with those two.

BA

We were talking about three, though... He can try any way he likes, I have a way around it with those two.

BA

Yeah....we were talking about 3. I didn't think googling was so hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Maybin

Oh....you were referring to the year Maybin started on the Red Shirt squad.....I see.

Edited by NewEra

This is the crux of your argument? Would you like me to start a list of all of the All-American, three-year college starters who "improved each year" -- only to become busts in the NFL?

BA

Red shirt, to part timer with 12 tackles to unexpected starter is an upward trajectory. He really owned us, eh?

Yeah he did. Aaron Maybin. The 3 year starter.

Red shirt, to part timer with 12 tackles to unexpected starter is an upward trajectory. He really owned us, eh?

You were wrong in your guess, so I'd kinda shut up on this one if I were you, NoSaint. You're kissing up to teacher, and that's sad.

Yeah he did. Aaron Maybin. The 3 year starter.

Fair enough, NewEra. Just remember, you asked for the list before denying that you asked for one. I shot from the hip, and got one wrong. Point stands that "All American" and "three-year starter" don't guarantee success at the NFL level. It has been proven time and time again, and if you attempt to say otherwise, you'll look like a total tool.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

You were wrong in your guess, so I'd kinda shut up on this one if I were you, NoSaint. You're kinda kissing up to teacher, and that's sad

BA

I'm not even quite sure what point your trying to make here. So I guess I'll move on....

You were wrong in your guess, so I'd kinda shut up on this one if I were you, NoSaint. You're kissing up to teacher, and that's sad.

Fair enough, NewEra. Just remember, you asked for the list before denying that you asked for one. I shot from the hip, and got one wrong. Point stands that "All American" and "three-year starter" don't guarantee success at the NFL level. It has been proven time and time again, and if you attempt to say otherwise, you'll look like a total tool.

BA

I asked for a list so you could waste hours of your time trying to prove a point that is already known. I already stated that. I know that being an AA or 3 year starter doesn't guarantee success at the nfl level. Did anyone say that? I know I didn't. I don't remember anyone else in this thread saying that. Not sure what you're getting at there. I suppose you're just upset because your "list" of 2 players was 50% incorrect. Point stands that no one said being an AA or 3 year starter guarantees anything. So what are you babbling about? I don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm a "total tool".

I'm not even quite sure what point your trying to make here. So I guess I'll move on....

Exactly. Babble

I asked for a list so you could waste hours of your time trying to prove a point that is already known. I already stated that. I know that being an AA or 3 year starter doesn't guarantee success at the nfl level. Did anyone say that? I know I didn't. I don't remember anyone else in this thread saying that. Not sure what you're getting at there. I suppose you're just upset because your "list" of 2 players was 50% incorrect. Point stands that no one said being an AA or 3 year starter guarantees anything. So what are you babbling about? I don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm a "total tool".

I think you finally got it. You're not worth hours of time trying to prove a point.

Somebody did, in fact, use the AA/3-year starter argument in this thread. That's what I responded to. Wow, did you miss the point. It's pretty clear in my post what I was getting at. How you read it? That's on you.

BA

I think you finally got it. You're not worth hours of time trying to prove a point.

Somebody did, in fact, use the AA/3-year starter argument in this thread. That's what I responded to. Wow, did you miss the point. It's pretty clear in my post what I was getting at. How you read it? That's on you.

BA

He never said that being an AA/3 year starter guarantees success in the nfl......now your putting words in people's mouths.

i was more impressed by the Miami QB than I was by Te'o.

No thanks.

Jarvis Jones gives you game-changing ability.

Bjoern Werner gives you game-changing ability.

Dion Jordan gives you game-changing ability.

Te'o gives you a fake G/F.

Edited by bobobonators

BA

I fail to miss the point in this post. Nobody ever said that it guaranteed anything. Not sure what your point is.....

If you're point is, being an AA/3 year starter doesn't guarantee success in the nfl.....thanks. You just made a great point. A point that every person on this board already knows. Nothing guarantees success in the nfl. Nothing.

i was more impressed by the Miami QB than I was by Te'o.

No thanks.

Jarvis Jones gives you game-changing ability.

Bjoern Werner gives you game-changing ability.

Dion Jordan gives you game-changing ability.

Te'o gives you a fake G/F.

Word. I'd love any of the 4 at #8. Dysert included.

LOL................what a weak counter-argument

No list needed, since it would not really prove anything. Many All-Americans succeed, some fail.

Funny, no one wants to debate with the "professional NFL scouts all put him in the top 15 picks" argument.

They must be blinded by "hype"..................lol

BA

He never said that being an AA/3 year starter guarantees success in the nfl......now your putting words in people's mouths.

As you state, that was me New Era.

In fact, when BA tried to spin it, I responded that some three year All-Americans succeed and some fail.

He then proceded to try and ridicule that.

Now Mr. Adams is either showing some short term memory problems, or (more likely)

is trying to weasel out of his previous attempts at making a point.