God's Team: Ray Lewis vs Tim Tebow - same or different?

WotAGuy

I am to far gone to bicker with? I am just asking questions and answering some. I honestly wouldn't care what people would do on the field. There are people who celebrate in different ways. We have freedom of religion. We can talk about it and show it all we want. Yes their will be people such as the westboro chruch that will do something dumb. But don't we all have people in our groups that have dumb people? Athiests have some horrible people that are attacking religious people for their actions, just like some religions attack others. To blame just Christians is crazy. Great example. There are people on this board.. right now, even you, for attack these Christians for their actions on the field or off. The same thing you are suggesting of Christians to lose their mind if others showed off their beliefs on the field. So infact you are doing what you are poking fun of christians which they might do.

Why would you get into an argument with any of these heathens? If they don't believe exactly as you believe, they are all going to burn in hell in fiery eternity anyway, along with 5+ billion other beautiful children of God.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you know about me to suggest I'm not being honest?

I have heard enough people claim that some thing doesn't bother them, to have doubts when I see it related to volatile issues. Especially when they haven't given much thought to the issue (which you imply when you call it an "interesting point").

Why would you get into an argument with any of these heathens? If they don't believe exactly as you believe, they are all going to burn in hell in fiery eternity anyway, along with 5+ billion other beautiful children of God.

That relates to something about all this that I don't understand. Why does an all powerful God need help from all us mortals?

I have heard enough people claim that some thing doesn't bother them, to have doubts when I see it related to volatile issues. Especially when they haven't given much thought to the issue (which you imply when you call it an "interesting point").

So you are basing your supposition of my dishonesty on your observations of other people? Given your reasoning, because I have seen other people act like "douche nozzles" on this board (thanks jboyst!)...... then you, sir, are a douche nozzle. :nana:

Edited by WotAGuy

That relates to something about all this that I don't understand. Why does an all powerful God need help from all us mortals?

Frankly, I really have no time to spend trying to figure that all out. I'm still working on trying to figure out why the hell God made over a trillion planets in our Galaxy and the other 100-200 billion galaxies that he's never ever going to even use, let alone torture like he does ours!

So you are basing your supposition of my dishonesty on your observations of other people? Given your reasoning, because I have seen other people act like "douche nozzles" on this board (thanks jboyst!)...... then you, sir, are a douche nozzle. :nana:

I'm not as easily offended as you (though your "offended" stance also seems a bit disingenuous). I just suggested that you may not have thought it through enough to realize how you would really react to that happening.

So what kind of reaction do you think Ray Lewis would get if he was expressing himself for Allah, as opposed to the Christian God? Honestly...

(Calling people names is not allowed on this message board)

Frankly, I really have no time to spend trying to figure that all out. I'm still working on trying to figure out why the hell God made over a trillion planets in our Galaxy and the other 100-200 billion galaxies that he's never ever going to even use, let alone torture like he does ours!

Why not? Why not make something so beautiful that when you look up in the night sky you are amazed and what beautiful things there are in the universe let alone the trillions of others other there. And torture? What do you mean by that?

i want to know this: if Jesus proved to you beyond any reasonable doubt that He IS God’s Son, He showed you that His word in the Bible IS true, and told you that you should follow Him or there will be eternal consequences, would you?

I'm not as easily offended as you (though your "offended" stance also seems a bit disingenuous). I just suggested that you may not have thought it through enough to realize how you would really react to that happening.

So what kind of reaction do you think Ray Lewis would get if he was expressing himself for Allah, as opposed to the Christian God? Honestly...

(Calling people names is not allowed on this message board)

I wouldn't care. It his freedom of religion to express himself. If I would complain about it then tebow shouldnt do his thing then. But the fact is, you are complaining about a guy who is praising God. It is the same thing you will accuse christians of doing if they did something wrong with what they believe.

Yes.

So let us say the Bible can be proven as 100% true then that will mean that what is said in there will be in fact true, which God is real.

My thought is there would not be a major outcry at all, and the limited response would likely be from those that link anyone praising Allah to terrorism - sad to say.

Edited by WotAGuy

i want to know this: if Jesus proved to you beyond any reasonable doubt that He IS God’s Son, He showed you that His word in the Bible IS true, and told you that you should follow Him or there will be eternal consequences, would you?

How would he prove he was God's Son? I think he would have to bring God with him, or part a Red Sea on command. If Jesus produced God so I could verify his validity, or parted a Red Sea on command, or the equivalent, I would gladly say "My bad, I believe you."

And the most awesomest thing about that of course, is I could continue badmouthing him and his religion as utter nonsense until right before I died and then suddenly reverse course and say "I believe!" and then get the same awesome God treatment and salvation in Heaven as you,

Oh, and by the way, even if he proved he were true, which is impossible, and I believed he were true, it would still be a suckass religion that has no use for the other 80% of the world, my fellow citizens.

Which version, in which language?

The bible is translated into hundreds of different languages. I am talking about the Old testiment and New. I was talking about God/Jesus so you can easily knock out 99% of other religions. I am guessing you are trying to make a quip here saying that there are many bibles how would you know which one is real or they are all fake.

How would he prove he was God's Son? I think he would have to bring God with him, or part a Red Sea on command. If Jesus produced God so I could verify his validity, or parted a Red Sea on command, or the equivalent, I would gladly say "My bad, I believe you."

And the most awesomest thing about that of course, is I could continue badmouthing him and his religion as utter nonsense until right before I died and then suddenly reverse course and say "I believe!" and then get the same awesome God treatment and salvation in Heaven as you,

Well Christians believe Jesus is God in human form. So therefor He would already have proven himself. And my friend, I am sorry that you are mistaken on what it is to be born again, with the remark about bad mouthing him until you are just about to die. First you never know when you die. You might die right now, who knows. (i hope you don't though. I hope you live till you are satisfied with your life) It is what is in your heart. You can't just say, oh I believe! You must honestly believe with all your heart.

That is the cool part! I like that in a religion....

And the most awesomest thing about that of course, is I could continue badmouthing him and his religion as utter nonsense until right before I died and then suddenly reverse course and say "I believe!" and then get the same awesome God treatment and salvation in Heaven as you

GENIUS! Even if it's not proven to you, you might want to say "I believe" as your dying words...just to be safe! (EDIT: and BELIEVE it!)

Edited by WotAGuy

The bible is translated into hundreds of different languages. I am talking about the Old testiment and New. I was talking about God/Jesus so you can easily knock out 99% of other religions. I am guessing you are trying to make a quip here saying that there are many bibles how would you know which one is real or they are all fake.

Well Christians believe Jesus is God in human form. So therefor He would already have proven himself. And my friend, I am sorry that you are mistaken on what it is to be born again, with the remark about bad mouthing him until you are just about to die. First you never know when you die. You might die right now, who knows. (i hope you don't though. I hope you live till you are satisfied with your life) It is what is in your heart. You can't just say, oh I believe! You must honestly believe with all your heart.

He would already have proven himself by saying he was God?

I would believe with all my heart. I've already met him and he proved it to me. And yes, if i were to be struck by a car or bolt of lightening I wouldn't have time for my complete 180. But I'm banking on the fact that I will know approximately when I am going to die. If not, i fukked up. I'll take that risk.

Not to mention that if God really existed, and really did come up to me, and really did know all and see all like you believe, he would already know what I feel in my heart of hearts, he would already know I am a better neighbor and friend and citizen of the planet than 99% of his followers and he would wink, and already prefer me to them. God is not nearly so petty as you think.

I am not taking sides on this issue, and I am no holy-roller...but honeslty, other than sucking, and having way too much coverage from ESPN, what has Tim Tebow done to make people hate him so much?

He is hardly the first athlete to be "super-christy",and honeslty, other than media people railing on and on about it, I have seen/heard little from him on the subject, unless asked. I mean, most people loved Kurt Warner, right? He was far more verbally "super-christy" than Tebow, from what I have seen. Believe me, I am sure as **** glad the Bills never got involved in the Tim Tebow circus, but I have a real hard time dis-liking the guy. Even this season, when he was treated like absolute crap by his coaching staff, he kept a stiff upper-lip and never complained in public...in this day and age, that is to be commended...look at that punk Dwight Howard in LA.

****, I just read Figs' comments... I got nothing against Ray Lewis either (as far as the religious stuff goes), but do you really think his displays are any less contrived than Tebows'? I thought he was rediculous this past Sunday..he did a lot of crying, but I didn't see any tears. But that doesn't make me root against him.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly on Tebow. I don't like him but also do not hate him or blame him because the media obsesses over him. Everyone says he's polarizing and interesting. Not to me - I just change the station because I don't want to listen to people talk about a backup.

Ray Lewis can get hit by a bus for all I care. Remember when the justification for Vick being a scumbag was "what about Ray Lewis, he's worse"? Ya I dunno what to tell you, I'm not in the media portraying him a saint. Maybe the only smart thing TO has ever said was calling out what a punk he is and the media's kid glove treatment of him.

Edited by BuffOrange

Jesus told his followers to tell everyone about him and God's plan for salvation. A Christian that keeps their faith "personal" is basically ignoring this command. Tebow and Lewis are simply following one of the basic principles of the Christian faith.

On a side note.... as a Christian myself, I know how God has changed my life for the better. I can't help but look around at the world and not be reminded of how awesome he is, and how much he did for me. When a person comes to that realization, they can't help but get excited and passionate about God. I mean, we all get excited when the Bills score a touchdown - and they've never a done thing for me except steal my time and money.

With that said... anybody who believes God decides the winner and loser of football games is nuts.

Jesus also told his followers to pray in private and not on the street corners "like the hypocrites do."

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Not really a quip. It's an honest belief that things are lost in translation, to say nothing of the thousands of years between then and now and the decisions made by man of what makes the cut and what doesn't. The language you have learned the Bible in likely isn't its original one. I was simply taking your extreme question to the the extreme. I think it is hard to argue that any text is 100% true or the word of God, and since it defies proof and requires faith, to me it is a historical document that prescribes some good things and some not so useful messages today about how to live. I'm glad I don't live in a country where I'm forced to believe otherwise.

Anyway, Ray Lewis has every reason to be thankful to whatever source he believes in.