[closed]Chan to stubborn for his own good.

Gasjuggler

He was married to Fitzs as our QB. Never even gave Jackson reps in practice. I bet Kaepernick would have been third QB here. Chan would have never had the guts to do what Harbaugh did and make him the starter over Smith.

Hey...he did do it ONCE in his 3 year term...When he sent Edwards packing in favor of Fitzpatrick. I guess he did not want to repeat the same thing again!!!

Stubborn Chan:

Besides the art of trying out another QB over a failing one, these were his other flat-out refusals:

Refused to start CJ ahead of Freddie even though CJ was playing better

Refused to bench Aaron Williams until he got injured, in spite of giving up TDs one after the other

Refused to bench Wilson, when he dropped game-clinching INTs in back-to-back games

Refused to put both CJ and Freddie on the field at the same time.

Refused to put T.J Graham on the field and went with lame WRs in Donald and Martin.

I agree with the rest of them, and would add . . .

Refused to can Wanny, or at least make him throw a blitz in once in-a-while, after it was painfully obvious that our four man front couldn't generate a pass rush on its own. . . . . TBD'ers: DO NOT FORGET, it was the Defense that ruined this season, not the Offense

However, not sure this is a reason to bench someone--at least he was in position to have the opportunity

"Refused to bench Wilson, when he dropped game-clinching INTs in back-to-back games"