Al Gore buys apple stock for $7.48 a share

Ummmm

According to a filing with the Securities and Exchanges Commission, Gore -- a director on Apple's board -- [b]exercised an option[/b] to purchase nearly 60,000 shares of the tech giant at the bargain basement price of $7.48, costing him a total of about $445,000.

Not a big finance guru are ya?

At the risk of being seen as some sort of Gore defender for all things in his life...are you asking how taking advantage of an option is allowed?

I'm asking how he was allowed this option?

Ummmm

[/font][/color]

Not a big finance guru are ya?

No. Not a finance guru. I'm asking why he is given that option? What did he do to earn it?

I'm asking how he was allowed this option?

No. Not a finance guru. I'm asking why he is given that option? What did he do to earn it?

Usually it is compensation for being on the board early on. Not certain though but you could easily scour through the financial statements to see this kind of information.

I won't hate on Al Gore for making bank. He's turned a much smaller investment into a much larger return.

As a businessman, I give him mad props.

As a human being, he is an absolute hypocrite. But has done nothing illegal. Besides, this economy is tough. Dude had to find a way to pay the mad energy bills of his personal estate and fuel costs to jetset around the country to lecture America how we need to stop using fossil fuels