Something a former member of our team said to me recently

major

Recently, a former player of our team (played within the past 5 years) asked me "why are you still a Bills fan?". He wasn't joking - he was being serious. I was blown away by that comment. I will allow him to remain anonymous. I don't want to get in trouble by sharing his name.

On a positive note, a good friend of Mark Anderson, our DE, told me that Mark is real down because he said our team is much better than our record showed.

Two very different perspectives,. Of course, one is done with our team and the other is still on the roster

Give us a hint. What position did he play?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to guarantee it wasn't lee. Know him well and that's just not something he'd say. I'm also very close with another former player that played in buffalo and played in another big city and football town... He wouldn't make this remark about the bills. He's still a big fan... Goes to every game. He always tells a story about getting drafted by the bills and all of his buddies/other players being jealous. This was right around Super Bowl era. Win and they will come.

Edited by RalphOP83

Look at the bright side fellow Bills fans. There are no front running Bills fans. We are true, bona fide Bills fans. And the funny thing, once the Bills become a juggernaut, people will accuse us of being front runners. Haha

Leo Ashame about your group. I'm south of Albany on the MA. border and we have a few fans that stick with US. I grew up with the Bills in Buffalo and moved in 63. Never missed a game for years and have The Ticket now. Some of us just are really good fans and some not so good. Know that there are alot of us good ones around. I have a freind in FL. that goes to a bar for the Bills games and has about 200 people every game. Thats great. Used to have the train out of Renn. for the games. No more . Now we have a guy in Pittsfield that does the NE. game in Buffalo on a bus trip. More Bills fans that NE every year. We will never surrender. Go Bills.

Recently, a former player of our team (played within the past 5 years) asked me "why are you still a Bills fan?". He wasn't joking - he was being serious. I was blown away by that comment. I will allow him to remain anonymous. I don't want to get in trouble by sharing his name.

On a positive note, a good friend of Mark Anderson, our DE, told me that Mark is real down because he said our team is much better than our record showed.

Two very different perspectives,. Of course, one is done with our team and the other is still on the roster

I take 2 things away from this....

The player whoever he was was not a winner. If he asked you that he really didnt care about winning and was stealing Ralph's money. JMO

Second, Mark Anderson is wrong. We were 6-10 because of very bad coaching ,Fitz being Fitz and an horrible D.

Like Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are.