New Chargers GM from Hamburg

Here's a nice article on the new Chargers GM, Tom Telesco who was raised in the Village of Hamburg. The dudes fives years younger than me and while I never knew him, it's kind of cool that he and I grew up 1/2 mile from each other. I've been in SD since 1987 and have never been able to bring myself to root for the Chargers, but that may change now. I sincerely hope he does well.

http://www.utsandieg...-pack-pedigree/

Edited by Chump Change

My home town, well the town of hamburg not the village. Although I did live in the village for a few years, don't recognize the name however.

Wonder if he attended Hamburg High, most likely not frontier since he is from the village.

Edited by Snorom

ill copy this post i wrote from a thread about london fletcher but how crazy is this set of connections:

Also of note: I didn't connect the dots that London was a college teammate of josh mcdaniels (wonder child 30 year old head coach, current pats OC), and Brian polian(Stanford special teams coach, polian namesake) and nick caserio (pats dir of pro personal by about age 32/33) . Also just missing overlap with Chris polian (polian namesake, colts former GM), David Caldwell (One if the hottest names for GM interviews), Tom telesco(top dog with the colts), and Greg roman (harbaughs OC in San Fran). Depending on how outgoing seniors and incoming freshman/recruiting played out its possible little John Carroll had all those major football role players in one room for some meetings (might've missed by one year on chris polian but don't want to double check). Odd tidbit for JCU in 1994.

Edited by NoSaint

My home town, well the town of hamburg not the village. Although I did live in the village for a few years, don't recognize the name however.

Wonder if he attended Hamburg High, most likely not frontier since he is from the village.

Telesco, as well as Caldwell (Jacksonville G.M.) are graduates of St. Francis High School in Ethol Springs, near Hamburg, New York.

ill copy this post i wrote from a thread about london fletcher but how crazy is this set of connections:

Also of note: I didn't connect the dots that London was a college teammate of josh mcdaniels (wonder child 30 year old head coach, current pats OC), and Brian polian(Stanford special teams coach, polian namesake) and nick caserio (pats dir of pro personal by about age 32/33) . Also just missing overlap with Chris polian (polian namesake, colts former GM), David Caldwell (One if the hottest names for GM interviews), Tom telesco(top dog with the colts), and Greg roman (harbaughs OC in San Fran). Depending on how outgoing seniors and incoming freshman/recruiting played out its possible little John Carroll had all those major football role players in one room for some meetings (might've missed by one year on chris polian but don't want to double check). Odd tidbit for JCU in 1994.

JCU is not Notre Dame but their education system far outweighs the football team.

My brothers best friend attended JCU. He was my hero growing up. It was 97/98 that he went there, then dropped out as his bipolar issues arose. He tookhis life shortly after.

His brother Joe went on to Penn State and became the first true freshman walk on to start for Paterno, and bounced to a few teams in the NFL a while.

I live in San Diego too and work for The Padres-You just know deep down inside Telesco is a Bills fan-You cant change that-He was a ball boy from 90-94, and was friends with Polian's son!

...You say you may be able to root for The Chargers now? Come on!-They once had: AJ Smith, John Butler, Doug Flutie, Marcellus Wiley, Steve Christie and Doug Flutie here...If that wasnt enough to get you to pull for them , I doubt this new GM will get you excited-They are following a simlar blueprint to Buffalo with the young hires of GM and coach.

PS:

-Frannies sux-Go Canisius!

I have never had it within me to root for any other AFC team than the Bills. I've never been a big fan of the Spanos family, but I'm suffering from Bills fatigue. This is from a guy who went to my first game at the Rockpile waaaay back when with my dad.

I literally lived around the block from him...I'm about six years older and clearly remember him being about ten and playing basketball in his driveway with his father who was pretty long and lanky.....while the rest of us bigger kids played street hockey or tackle football...and he went by Tommy then..I went off to college so never saw him since he was about 12...also to clarify not village but town of Hamburg off Taylor rd...

WTF? You forgot Kevin Bacon.