Who Thinks Drew Bledsoe Will Be A Cowboy This Year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take a high two.  I want Nugent and he may still be around then.

195326[/snapback]

I got skewered by some know-nothing goofball for suggesting we could get a 2nd rounder for Drew.

They just don't realize that although Drew is average, that means there are 16 teams with QB situations worse than ours (very worse). Add to the fact that Drew has a cannon arm and gaudy career stats, it doesn't sound so stupid today does it.

No, not just because Drew will still be with the Bills next year but also because the Cowboys just wouldn't do it. Look, they already went through the Testaverde route as a "stop gap" measure. Then turning to Drew???- just shoot me now.

Instead, if I were the Cowboys, I'd consider trading one of my later first round pick and a second round pick for a shot at a stud QB in this draft if one won't be avail. for the Cowboy's first pick (esp. if Leinart decides to enter). I wouldn't knowingly inherit the Drew Bledsoe renovation project.

I got skewered by some know-nothing goofball for suggesting we could get a 2nd rounder for Drew.

They just don't realize that although Drew is average, that means there are 16 teams with QB situations worse than ours (very worse). Add to the fact that Drew has a cannon arm and gaudy career stats, it doesn't sound so stupid today does it.

195423[/snapback]

I actually think a 2nd rounder for Drew alone is high because people know the troubles the Bills are having with him at QB. But if you package Drew and Travis together in a trade, you kill two birds with one stone, clear up some cap room, and get in position to draft a player who can contribute in '05.

I´d ship Bledsoe for a 2nd round draft pick in a moment... it only takes one s*cker to make this deal happen...

Hopefully Jerry will be tempted enough, and will pull the trigger.

And, if the Fins want Henry, we´re accepting offers too. Maybe a 2nd next year, ´cause they don´t have one in 2005.

I actually think a 2nd rounder for Drew alone is high because people know the troubles the Bills are having with him at QB.  But if you package Drew and Travis together in a trade, you kill two birds with one stone, clear up some cap room, and get in position to draft a player who can contribute in '05.

195496[/snapback]

Hard to believe other gm's would be so accomodating by taking our leftover crap and give us something of value. Maybe a team like Arizona would bite?

195423[/snapback]

He isn't average any more. He is at the top of the bottom third QBs.

I think it's a real possibility that Bledsoe could go to Dallas. A change of scenery can rejuvenate a QBs career. When Bledsoe came here he added 5 wins to the teams' previous total, passed for 4300 yards, went to the Pro Bowl, and broke 10 franchise passing records.

I bet Dallas would take that. And if you believe the fans opinions on this board he clearly has few backers in the fan base. I think he probably should move along.

I'm not sure JP will be ready, maybe a 3 way deal for Warner for 1 or 2 years.

I think it's a real possibility that Bledsoe could go to Dallas.  A change of scenery can rejuvenate a QBs career.  When Bledsoe came here he added 5 wins to the teams' previous total, passed for 4300 yards, went to the Pro Bowl, and broke 10 franchise passing records. 

I bet Dallas would take that. And if you believe the fans opinions on this board he clearly has few backers in the fan base.  I think he probably should move along.

I'm not sure JP will be ready, maybe a 3 way deal for Warner for 1 or 2 years.

195960[/snapback]

I see virtually no possiility of this happening because regardless of the on-filed logic of any move you want to make the off-field cap impact of trading Bledsoe before June 1, 2005 would be the same as that of cutting him. His remaining bonus would be accelerated into a one time cap hit on the 2005 salary cap and bonus money which wull currently be paid to him over the remaining life of the contract would be accelerated into one year and become dead space allocated to the QB position with no return from the player.

Even those who are so sick of Drew they don't want to see him play would actually see him have a huge impact on the 2005 team as this deadspace would likely force us to keep Shane Matthews and some type of Shane Matthews II as our other QBs with JP.

Theorize all you want about wether Drew would bring a second or bring nothing, however, anyway it goes I don't see us commiting suicide by trading him before the draft to Dallas or anyone else.

Regardless of what you think of Drew cutting him or trading him on this timeline would ne nad for the Bills.