Marrone Won't Call Plays.

He will be heavily invested in the gameplans and will oversee in the headsets offense, defense and special teams during the games.

Saints OC would be a perfect fit! Marrone also stated he will not have a specific scheme in mind for defense (43 or 34). He will evaluate the personnel and go from there! Offense and D coordinators will come from NFL, positional coaches could come from anywhere.

Oh and they are creating an anayltics department. Marrone will also bring the analytics they used in Syracuse.

Like what I hear so far!

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Oh and they are creating an anayltics department. Marrone will also bring the analytics they used in Syracuse.

Like what I hear so far!

I loved hearing that they had an analytics group at Syracuse. This is huge for me.

Very nice to hear. This seems to be how he approached it at Syracuse in regards to letting the OC and DC call the plays. He had great OC and DC's there, and hopefully can get more of the same here. He has input into the game plans (such as directing Shafer , the Cuse DC to blitz more during the season) and he goes into games with MULTIPLE game plans and can adapt. For ex: said he had two game plans for the Pinstripe bowl based on whether they would pass or run more. love it!@

Whats an analytics group?

He didn't specifically use the term "group"--- what I mean is, I'm glad to hear they used football analytics to some degree and that he'll be bringing those concepts to Buffalo.

Whats an analytics group?

Analytics is alternate way to look at a player, scheme or game through model based analysis. The opposite to this would be scouting (the "eye test") and player interviews to evaluate players. Both spectrums involve film analysis however with analytics film can be inputed into a model. So in essence a good analytics department could come up with progressive and new ways to evalute players and therefore progressive schemes.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I like the fact that he specifically said he wanted the coordinators to have NFL experience... hopefully that means experience in that job in the NFL, not just a QB coach and a D-line coach.

That is crucial. Too often over the past decade our assistant coaches have had resumes only slightly more qualified than TSW posters.

That is crucial. Too often over the past decade our assistant coaches have had resumes only slightly more qualified than TSW posters.

I'm calling you on that statement. What's your proof that TSW posters are slightly less qualified?

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I'm calling you on that statement. What's your proof that the assistant coaches are smarter er more qualified than TSW posters?

Didn't I specifically say resumes? I didn't say they were smarter, and the "qualified" part is only reference to their (admittedly short) resumes.

Which is all nothing more than a generalization of the past decade. Intent meant to lean humorous.