ESPN: Chip Kelly staying at Oregon

@AdamSchefter

Chip Kelly considered Eagles but ultimately decided it was better to stay at Oregon.

@AdamSchefter

Chip Kelly turned down a chance to go to the NFL and to returned to Oregon, according to sources. Considered Eagles but stayed at Oregon.

It's done, Teams will steer clear of Kelly after stiffing the NFL two years in a row

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In an odd way, if Chip Kelly goes back to Oregon, I'll like this hire much more. Because that will mean while Kelly was stringing along Philadelphia and Cleveland, Buffalo realized they weren't in the mix, and pulled the trigger on a guy that could have had multiple suitors once Kelly made his decision. Now the unlikely scenario of Kelly returning? That leaves both teams scrambling.

The Bills interviewed five candidates. Since none of those five have been hired elsewhere, it is safe to say that Buffalo truly got their man.

ESPN just reported Chip Kelly is indeed heading back to Oregon.

@AdamSchefter

Chip Kelly considered Eagles but ultimately decided it was better to stay at Oregon.

@AdamSchefter

Chip Kelly turned down a chance to go to the NFL and to returned to Oregon, according to sources. Considered Eagles but stayed at Oregon.

It's done, Teams will steer clear of Kelly after stiffing the NFL two years in a row

Phil Knight... isn't cheap enough?

I don't know, who are we mad at about this? Can the whiners please fill me in?

@AdamSchefter

@AdamSchefter

'Boom goes the dynamite!!'

So, we got our guy... Now, everyone else has to go to Plan C.

I mentioned in the now closed Chip Kelly thread last night that I didn't want the Bills to be the team left standing without a chair in the 3 team scramble for Kelly and Marrone. It's very interesting that both the Browns and Eagles are forced into plan C, and the Bills have their coach. A real sea change from where this organization has been.

Hope everyone is happy about the Bills getting Marrone. Everyone else wanted him as a Plan B, and now we took him and everyone else has to hire retreads.

People keep saying this but don't provide a link. Who is everyone else??

Yeah, he'll really really really be ready next year. :rolleyes: Then he'll offer to pinky swear.

And so will Cowher. Oh wait, he still gets interest year after year. Good coaches pick when, where, and how. If you don't think so, then you're just plain wrong.

Chip Kelly Staying at Oregon, To Quote Promo The Robot " The Bills look very smart right now" ,Marrone was the Browns & Eagles second choice

Link?

People keep saying this but don't provide a link. Who is everyone else??

Philly and Cleveland for sure. Browns interviewed Marrone twice. San Diego had interest too and Marrone was going to fly out for an interview.

Not the typical hire where no other team wanted the guy. Like Jauron and Gailey .

Kelly getting roasted on twitter:

@RoobCSN

Chip Kelly has announced he will interview for two NFL head coaching openings next year before returning to Oregon.

:lol:

@greggrosenthal

feel for the Eagles and Browns fans that thought losing Sundays were over for a while.

:lol: They both had an unscheduled loss after missing the playoffs...Gotta suck.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Here's my speculation. I love a coach that has that confident way they carry themselves, and I think Chip has that. I wonder if it turned to arrogance. I think he may have went on these interviews thinking he was interviewing the teams. I think the all the sudden business like Bills were far too serious to bother with him and the Eagles don't strike me as an organazition to beg for anyone. He was then left with Cleveland and said oh crap I better reconsider.

Philly and Cleveland for sure. Browns interviewed Marrone twice. San Diego had interest too and Marrone was going to fly out for an interview.

Not the typical hire where no other team wanted the guy. Like Jauron and Gailey .

Kelly getting roasted on twitter:

@RoobCSN

Chip Kelly has announced he will interview for two NFL head coaching openings next year before returning to Oregon.

:lol:

@greggrosenthal

feel for the Eagles and Browns fans that thought losing Sundays were over for a while.

:lol: They both had an unscheduled loss after missing the playoffs...Gotta suck.

Interviewing and being their plan B are two WAY separate things.

Here's my speculation. I love a coach that has that confident way they carry themselves, and I think Chip has that. I wonder if it turned to arrogance. I think he may have went on these interviews thinking he was interviewing the teams. I think the all the sudden business like Bills were far too serious to bother with him and the Eagles don't strike me as an organazition to beg for anyone. He was then left with Cleveland and said oh crap I better reconsider.

I'm betting he's not particularly pressed to jump into the NFL unless it's the best possible situation for him. So long as his teams continue to score and win at the current clip, he'll have his pick of the litter of several available NFL jobs.

The fact he's apparently spurned at least 3 teams in 2 years may do some damage, but desperate teams will still be lured to him like sailors to a siren.