[closed]Name The Head Coach(es) You're Against The Bills Getting

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo, essentially no one likes any of the candidates? Sounds about right for TBD...

I don't get the dislike for Whiz or Lovie. Sure both guys have their issues, but both have been to the Super Bowl *twice* (once as coordinators, once as Head Coaches) and while both lost, both have been there and know what it takes to get there. Not ALL losses are on coaches, GMs and players need some blame as well. Plus from what I've heard and read both guys are universally respected by players, coaches and pundits alike - I really don't think we'll be in bad shape with either...

Same goes with Kelly, while unproven in the NFL and a huge risk, the guy could revolutionize how offense is played in the NFL. Plus he clearly has the respect of other pro coaches and even has NFL connections (there was a story that mentioned he's considering staff for his new NFL job that includes guys have have coached in the NFL).

Heck, even the coordinators that are on our short list get generally good reviews from those in the league (I listen to way too much Sirius NFL radio and watch too much NFLN).

Unlike our last coaching search I really, really feel that we're going to end up with the best guy for us. It's not a choice between Chan Gailey or, well, Chan Gailey.

Bring it on, I say - any way you look at it, our coaching is going to take a leap from last year!!

And I am affraid you are right. it sounds like Whaley likes him a lot. Unfortunate

It would seem like, as of this moment, Whisenhunt is by far the favorite...but then again he and Horton have been the only two to interview. If we are still hearing how much the Bills like him after Monday, then you know he's a slam dunk to come here.

I hate to say it, but Lovie Smith. The guy is a winner, but has ignored his offenses repeatedly. A gazillion OCs, lackluster schemes, a criminally bad O line and a QB who gets abused on a weekly basis

The only way I'd be happy about Lovie is if he brought in a true innovator on offense. I don't want to see our team become one that relies solely on D.

Norv Turner or Hue Jackson would be perfect oc's plus we already have the oline and backs. We need to put together a great staff this time. Maybe we can also hire Brian Daball to be our Rb's coach and Sparano as our oline coach. There are some good positional coaches this yr. Plus Lovie can bring in his defensive and special teams coaches not to mention Rusty Jones aka the secret weapon. I believe this would be the best we can get

Norv Turner or Hue Jackson would be perfect oc's plus we already have the oline and backs. We need to put together a great staff this time. Maybe we can also hire Brian Daball to be our Rb's coach and Sparano as our oline coach. There are some good positional coaches this yr. Plus Lovie can bring in his defensive and special teams coaches not to mention Rusty Jones aka the secret weapon. I believe this would be the best we can get

Either way, this seems like our best chance for a premier coach in a decade. I think Buffalo this go-around is going to be attractive to a defensive mind (potentially dominant front 4, future shut-down corner, Pro Bowl safety) or an offensive mind (CJ, Fred, Stevie and a decent O line AND the chance to groom a QB of his choosing) not to mention the fact that fans would worship him by merely bringing us to a Wildcard PLUS the potential for doing better is extremely high and doing worse is nearly impossible.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

Lovie Smith - Coach that is in love with a specific scheme (think of Wannstedt) because he has had success with it in the past. Concerns with his ability to adapt to personnel and scheme with his "area of expertise". On the offensive side with the scheme, personnel and hiring offensive assistant coaches. In game management I am not impressed with at all from watching Chicago games. In game management you mine as well have Jauron, Mularkey, Gailey etc. as the head coach.

Ken Whisenhunt - Not impressed with his conservative in game management. Concerned about his ability to hire competent assistant coaches and groom a young quarterback. Apparently in Arizona he had issues with judging player personnel.

Grimm - This won't happen.

Ray Horton - I can't see this happening as well.

Agree, its worrying to hear that Russ Brandon is "fond" of Ken wisenhunt. The last thing this team needs is more friends being hired. Gailey did a bunch of that with his assistant coaches, and it didn't work in any aspect.

Wisenhunt a noted OC before being his hired as a HC, like Gailey doesn't know a good QB from a bad one by watching previous film on him. His O line regressed badly to one of the worst in the NFL this season. I mean if a HC who was an ex OC can't build a decent offense, then what good is he?

Larry Fitzgerald, one of the very best WR's in the game is languishing in Arizona because Wisenhunt couldn't find a decent QB. That is

It looks like Whisenhunt is the most universally hated candidate.

His signing looks more imminent now.

:cry:

just lame.

Lovie can also pick bring Urlacher with him to be a mentor for our #1 pick Teo. I would also love to see what Lovie can do with Dareus.. Lovie made Henry Melton a baller at dt imagine what he can di with Dareus and Kyle. maybe we can also pick off that Bears talent tree possibly sign Tim Jennings when he becomes a free agent

You're telling me the K-Gun wasn't a gimmick? That worked pretty well as I remember...

The K-Gun never won a Superbowl, that is my point. When the Bills played a Top of the line NFL defense like Washington, Dallas and the Giants they got man handled. It will happen with Chips cute little college offense also. NO THANKS!!!

The K-Gun never won a Superbowl, that is my point. When the Bills played a Top of the line NFL defense like Washington, Dallas and the Giants they got man handled. It will happen with Chips cute little college offense also. NO THANKS!!!

Except for the first year against the NY GIants in which they were out coached by Belicheats 4-1-6 defense. The Bills faced many many injuries to their O lines every year. By the end of that Denver AFC Chamionship game TE Pete Metzelaars was playing tackle because the starter and backups were all out injured.

Mike Mularkey,Gregg Williams,Dick Jauron.

I'm telling you I love this, LOL. Don't forget Chan Gailey...My candidate that I'm praying that we do NOT get is Oregon coach Kelly. I just don't think his gimmick offense will work against NFL talent once these coaches get enough film on his down & distances tendencies...plus he has NO NFL experience of any kind.

My wish list:

C. Kelly

L. Smith

M. McCoy

K. Whisenhunt

R. Horton

- Kelly has a chance to be special. There's a lot to like about him as a team leader and an offensive guru.

- Smith, if paired with a good OC can be a very good coach. I'm just worried he'll be coming to a downgraded version of the bears (talent wise).

- McCoy seems to do great things with QBs so he makes a lot of sense in that regard. Not sure how he'd do on the other side of the ball.

- Whisenhunt and Horton are a package deal in my mind. I'm not sure if I'd want one without the other. I like both of their pedigrees but their work in Arizona doesnt exactly scream success.

No to Whisenhunt. Nothing about him says Forward Thinking, Aggressive, or Sustained Excellence. Losing Coach from a Losing Organization. Supposedly an Offesnive Guru who couldn't acquire, draft, or develop the right QB to succeed Kurt Warner. Only real success came in a two year window with Warner in a weak NFC West division.

Not Impressed...Pass!!!

Plus if you go by the worst name possible thoery that the Bills are following it would have to be Whisenhunt.

Mike MULARKEY, Ggregg Williams, DICK MURON, CHAN GAYley.

Chip Kelly - Fails Horrible Name test - good name.

Mike McCoy - Fails Name test -good name.

Lovie Smith - Fails Horrible Name Test - a Little extravagant but still a good sounding name. (Now if it were Hatie Smith the Bills would be in teh running)

Andy Reid - Fails HorribleName test Just a Solid Name

Ray Horton - Fails Horrible Name Test - Not a great name but still not terrible

Ken Whisenhunt - ding ding ding ding - That Sounds like we have a winner!

Plus when he has 3 years of losing you can change the H to a C - Ding Ding Ding. This guy is a shoe in for the job.

Well Marrone actually fits the Buffalo Bills coaching naming convention.

What a Marrone!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhxGgnI6kCrs

To answer the OP question I don't think I would out and out hate any of the names that are being thrown around.

However I would be concerned to varying degrees.

Most Concerned A: Andy Reid - I'm glad it doesn't appear the Bills are hiring Reid. this Dude needs to take a couple years off. Didn't he have two sons die? His family life is all F-ed up. He needs to go rest and recuperatie with a therapist. I would just expect to have a mental breakdown at some point.

Most Concerned B: Ken Wheisenhunt - It was nice to have Kurt Warner. Kurt Warner ain't coming to Buffalo so whatcha going to Ken? Oh, create another QB debacle. (Also if Ken Whisenhunt goes elsewhere outside of Buffalo I would say that Chan Gailey would be high on his list as OC. So who would his OC be if he goes to Buffalo.

Second Most Concerned: Lovie Smith - I hate hate hate "system" guys. To paraphrase Wade Philips, Wade said its the job of the coach to take the talent you have and make it work. Not make the talent you have do something it may not be capable of doing. Coach the players and adapt the system not the other way around. I think he could get an OC though.

Then you have the unprovens in order of concern:

Mike McCoy - Peyton Manning's OC? Yeah thats a tough job. Right up there with practice Squad QB for the San Diego Chargers. Surf, bang hotties, show up to practice, surf, bang hotties, sell good tix to the game. Peyton "Hey OC don't get in my way" Mike McCoy" Yes sir"

Ray Horton: - I love what he did on the defensive side of the ball in AZ. Even when they were crap there defense was a unit you generally didn't want to play. They got run down in the 4th because they basically had the University of Phoenix Offense going 3 and out on every possession. Who would he get to be the OC? Some QB coach from Pittsburgh. Would he be able to hire an experienced hire at OC? Those are major areas of concern.

College Dude:

Chip Kelly: - CJ Spiller and TJ Graham in the back field (because why would you have Graham run routes with that speed. Just do some crazy flip the ball to TJ Graham screen plays) Would be crazy interesting to watch. Could be a huge disaster as the NFL LBs are all teh fastest dudes on all of the college teams. You can pinpoint your attach against the EEE major at Stanford, everyone is a college all star LB. So they can track down those plays. It would either be a Boom and unstopable or be a bust and laughable; No in between. Plus Chip Kelly appears to have some Iron Gonads. I don't see him punting from INSIDE THE OPPONENTS 40!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So I guess I would most like Chip Kelly but I wouldn't hate any of the above outright.

Kind of typical they go with the guy that wasn't even on my list.