[closed]What has changed?

davspo

I am reading the news out of OBD and I really don't understand what has changed in the front office. Russ' move really just confirms what was widely speculated. That is that RW's health or mental condtion left him in a position where he could no longer run an NFL team. RB appears to be doing nothing more than he was doing- except that he has a new title. It appears that he will have full authroity but he still reports to RW.

RW ownes this team and he can fire RB at any point for any reason. So really what has changed.

As far a coaching is concerned, I will reserve judgment until we have a coach. CBS Sportsline reports that Whisenhunt could be cheap as his contract is guaranteed. That means that the Cards will be responsible for paying him over 5 million for next season so the Bill's could get him cheap. I am not sure how accurate that is, but it certainly seems consistent with the Bills' history on paying coaches.

There is a lot of talk (again) about getting the right man for the job. We heard the same things for Chan, Mike, Dick, and Greg ect. Is Whisenhunt really the best man for the job? He is 45-51 overall as a head coach. His only winning seasons came when he had a HOF quarterback (Kurt Warner), Without Warner he had two 5 win seasons and on .500 season. So I'm not so sure he is the established guy we are looking for.

Lovie Smith is 81-63 over all and Reid is 130 -93 overall. They have more divsion titles, more wins, more games played and a better winning percentage. Both come from cities that must produce and have handled the pressure well.

Thoughts.

Simply put, if you read between the lines, Ralph was not allowing the decision makers to make decisions. To me, it sounded like Nix and Brandon were both held back by Wilson. Now, does Ralph realize this? Doubtfully. But I believe the rest of the staff does.

In any business, if the CEO is preventing the VPs and Directors from taking the company where they want to take it, and suddenly the CEO steps aside... there is an air of excitement and hope that all of those ideas they have had, may soon be realized.

That is what I took from Russ's press conference.