Schiano to evaluate Josh Freeman

Dawgg

http://espn.go.com/n...sh-josh-freeman

If only the Bills' leadership had a winning mentality akin to this. Instead, unsuccessful seasons are met with promotions and mediocrity is sold to the public as progress.

"Do I think Josh Freeman is going to win Super Bowls in this league? ... I do ... I hope that happens," Schiano told reporters. "But at the end of the day, I have to evaluate everything before I can say, 'Boom, that's what we're doing' ... The one thing I do believe in is competition at every spot, including the quarterback, so I want to have as many good football players on our team as we can at every single position. I like Josh Freeman. But I don't want to get ahead of my skis here and really evaluate every single thing about what's best for this organization," Schiano said.

Edited by Dawgg

Yes, please don't tell me the Bills would consider an actual NFL starting QB....

Seriously Josh Freeman would be the best QB in Buffalo since Kelly. One can only hope we'd make a run at him, and anyone who thinks differently is delusional regarding the QB options available this year via draft or free agency,

That 58.8% career completion percentage lower than fitzpatricks) really makes me want him. He's also thrown for less TDs and yards.

He has thrown less interceptions and has less fumbles which would be nice. He also has a good arm which could work well with our running game.

He's an upgrade, but I'd rather the resources spent acquiring him went elsewhere.

It would be like taking a 7 to the prom and ditching her to chase after a 7.1

Edited by jeremy2020

Yes, please don't tell me the Bills would consider an actual NFL starting QB....

And just what has he accomplished?

Seriously Josh Freeman would be the best QB in Buffalo since Kelly. One can only hope we'd make a run at him, and anyone who thinks differently is delusional regarding the QB options available this year via draft or free agency,

Has he even justified his being drafted in the 1st round?

If only the Bills' leadership had a winning mentality akin to this. Instead, unsuccessful seasons are met with promotions and mediocrity is sold to the public as progress.

"Do I think Josh Freeman is going to win Super Bowls in this league? ... I do ... I hope that happens," Schiano told reporters. "But at the end of the day, I have to evaluate everything before I can say, 'Boom, that's what we're doing' ... The one thing I do believe in is competition at every spot, including the quarterback, so I want to have as many good football players on our team as we can at every single position. I like Josh Freeman. But I don't want to get ahead of my skis here and really evaluate every single thing about what's best for this organization," Schiano said.

Don't the Bills do year-end evaluations as well? I suppose if the Bucs determine Freeman is not good enough, dump him and find a replacement then I might see your point.

Until then, Sciano has merely given a vote of confidence to Freeman while acknowledging that they'll be doing full evaluations on everyone. It sounds suspiciously like Chan Gailey!

:o

Didn't realize the Buccaneers were known for their winning mentality.

Amen to that, hopefully the new coach feels the same.

I don't get it? We had Fitzpatrick. Evaluating the talent at all of our positions would have been pointless. I'm sure Belichick doesn't waste his time evaluating Nancy.

Tampa doesn't have Nancy.