Poll next head coach

JinWPB

New coach.Choose wisely young Padawan.  

324 members have voted

1. 1. New head coach should be.

I know what I know.

Ok, Mr. Know. How many of those 10 wins were against playoff teams?

I'll give you a minute....

1-5 against playoff teams

9-1 against non-playoff teams (Rams, Jaguars, Lions(2x), Cardinals, Panthers, Titans, Cowboys)

He beat some of the worst teams in the entire NFL and got beat by the good ones. That 10-6 record doesn't sound so great anymore, huh?

Edited by LiterateStylish

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, Ray Horton and the entire defensive staff are still under contract--- I wonder how this news affects Horton, one way or the other?

Why who would he hire Juan Castillo? I suppose He could just rehire Russ Grimm and make him DC :lol:

He beat some of the worst teams in the entire NFL and got beat by the good ones.

That is typically the case for all coaches.

But I think you've made your point. I'd appreciate it if you'd try stating your case in a less aggressive manner.

Why who would he hire Juan Castillo? I suppose He could just rehire Russ Grimm and make him DC :lol:

Ha!--- well, Horton was rumored to be top of the Cards list, which is reportedly why they kept the staff in place. I haven't heard of any other teams (besides the Bills and Cards) being linked to Horton, so that could be good news for us. Then again, would Horton stay in Arizona as DC if Reid is the coach? A lot of intertwining plotlines with just one name, which is what makes this whole search so intriguing.

Ha!--- well, Horton was rumored to be top of the Cards list, which is reportedly why they kept the staff in place. I haven't heard of any other teams (besides the Bills and Cards) being linked to Horton, so that could be good news for us. Then again, would Horton stay in Arizona as DC if Reid is the coach? A lot of intertwining plotlines with just one name, which is what makes this whole search so intriguing.

Actually:

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Reid could easily put together staff with guys like Juan Castillo, Pat Shurmur, Brad Childress. Also, Reid could work with Kolb if need be

Actually:

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Reid could easily put together staff with guys like Juan Castillo, Pat Shurmur, Brad Childress. Also, Reid could work with Kolb if need be

I'm very interested in Horton as a candidate, so if he's out of the running for any position in Arizona, then it's good news for the Bills--- if they believe he's the right guy.

No it's not.

You can block me if you'd like.

I've enjoyed some of your previous posts because they were thoughtful and provided interesting insight and I think your underlying reasons for being opposed to Lovie Smith are fair.

But today, you're being relentlessly argumentative on this topic--- it's not a personal issue I have with you, it's a disservice to the board in general.

I'm only asking you to chill, nothing more.

I just don't get the Chip Kelly love, he's an unproven college coach who had had success at one major program and minor success as a position coach and coordinator at New Hampshire. Not exactly the hot bed of football.

I'm still a strong believer in bringing in Tony Dungy. Marty Schottenheimer would be a close second, followed by Lovie Smith, Brian Billick, and Mike McCoy. Looks like Andy Reid is going to Arizona to try and resurrect Kevin Kolb.

If they're traveling to Arizona, they're probably going to pursue Wiz and hope to take Horton as DC.

I just don't get the Chip Kelly love, he's an unproven college coach who had had success at one major program and minor success as a position coach and coordinator at New Hampshire. Not exactly the hot bed of football.

His innovations could prove to be a short lived gimmick, but I'd rather he not be dismissed out of hand. He doesn't have the credentials yet, but his approach is significant enough that he should be taken under serious consideration as a signpost to forward thinking.

I'm indifferent about him at this point. He has had success and has been there for about 6 years (OC and HC). My issue is that the team was already on the rise and he was handed the reigns to a winner from the get-go.

I don't know what would happen if he got stuck into the Bills situation is my only concern.

Sorry I didn't include all your favorites but the poll app only allows 20 lines. Seems the one coach i should have included was Ray Horton.He seems to have a fair amount of support on TBD.

Edited by JinWPB

How is Chip Kelly going to without Phil Knights money and Oregon crazy uniforms which help him recruit because punch 18 year old want swag?

Chip Kelly flops in the NFL. That's just my opinion, he should stay put and just make his 3.5 million per year forever because the Ducks aren't gonna fire him any time soon.

Edited by KRT88

I've enjoyed some of your previous posts because they were thoughtful and provided interesting insight and I think your underlying reasons for being opposed to Lovie Smith are fair.

But today, you're being relentlessly argumentative on this topic--- it's not a personal issue I have with you, it's a disservice to the board in general.

I'm only asking you to chill, nothing more.

Im simply responding to people's posts who are speaking to me. That is all.

I voted for Lovie.

First he wants to coach here. He has already put a call in. He sees talent on D and I bet he can work these guys into a turnover making D.

Second he would attract some Bears to come with him. Free agents would love to play for Lovie. I based this on how many Bears players were open about the fact that they didnt like Lovie being let go.

Third I dont care about his demeanor of the field. The guy can coach defense and D is what we need.

As long as he can get a Quality OC Lovie first on my list.

Whisenhunt would be a good coach as long as he bring Horton (DC), and Grimm(OL) with him I would go for that as well .