Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Amen!

It fully depends on to what degree Whaley and Brandon have embraced Kelly's philosophy as far as in-game management and roster building. Despite the fact Brandon said the organization will embrace football analytics, it's possible they're not quite "all in" to the extent that Kelly would find desirable.

Yes, the tide is turning. Russ and Doug appear to be impressing across the board.

It's reason to feel good going forward.

I feel like my reality is unravelling.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else finding it difficult to do anything else besides refresh these pages so not to miss out on what happens with Chip? F5 F5 F5 F5...

I'm enjoying every minute of it....something tells me even if we don't land Chip we WILL make the right hire for the right reasons, and I feel like things are on the upswing - big time

I'm enjoying every minute of it....something tells me even if we don't land Chip we WILL make the right hire for the right reasons, and I feel like things are on the upswing - big time

A lot of the feedback regarding Russ and Whaley have me optimistic for the first time in a long time. It feels good!

If the Bills are no longer under consideration by Kelly, hopefully he's informed the Bills of that so they can move on.

+1 and if so we need to be informed as well so we can close this thread and I can finally get some sleep!

@CBSSPORTS HAS CONFIRMED Chip Kelly has agreed to a 5 year $65 million deal with the #Eagles. #Browns to pursue Marrone.”

Can we let this go? Kelly is not going to be the highest paid coach in the league - nearly doubling the second highest.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports says the following at the CBS website:

"Kelly is doing what many people do when trying to get a new job. He's attempting to get the best deal possible by playing one team against another. One league source said Kelly is playing 'the best game of hardball he's ever seen.' It's believed Kelly is attempting to get as much power over personnel as possible, and that might be an issue with the Browns. We'll see.”

"Kelly is doing what many people do when trying to get a new job. He's attempting to get the best deal possible by playing one team against another. One league source said Kelly is playing 'the best game of hardball he's ever seen.' It's believed Kelly is attempting to get as much power over personnel as possible, and that might be an issue with the Browns. We'll see.”

Giving him too much power might be the biggest mistake possible.

If Kelly wants full control he should stay at Oregon. I certainly hope we are not offering to give this neophyte full control of anything. If he can design Os and win with what he's got, which he says he can do, he can do it with what Buddy and Whaley give him.

Edited by reddogblitz

what every false report has stated is....interview is done...more to come....the browns have done it.."dinner tomorrow for follow-up"...the eagles have now done it.."interview is done...communication not done.."...

where's the bills in all this? Adam stated on Sportscenter meeting went well with bills but browns still in lead...that's it..that's all we've heard...

bills seeing mccoy today....nothing reported....

whatever this means i don't know..other than the bills, bengals, and eagles are all still in it apparently...

After what happened with Reid I'd be surprised to see the eagles allow this.