Why it’s time for Bledsoe to move aside.

DRutka

The last time the Bills made the playoffs, John Butler was GM, Wade Phillips was Coach and Rob Johnson was quarterback. That was a long time ago in “sports time”. Bledsoe was brought in here to move this team to the next level. The level we have not known since Jim Kelly. The fans were excited, the city was buzzing. In Bledsoe’s first season here, he started like he was the next Joe Montana. In his first 10 games in Buffalo, he threw for over 3,000 yards (of his 4,300+) and 18 touchdowns (of his 24). Man, we were going somewhere. But as it turned out, it was down hill. Since week 11 in 2002, Bledsoe has been on cruise control. He hasn’t cracked 3,000 yards in a season the last 2 years. In his last 38 games, he maybe has single handily won 2 games. He has not thrown for over 300 yards since week 2 in 2003. That’s 30 games ago. He has not got the Bills into the playoffs in his 3 years here. This is the same guy who makes $6,000,000+ per year. When a quarterback makes that much money, he not only should make sure we just don’t lose games; he should be able to win them when other parts of the team are not producing enough. The top quarterbacks in the NFL can do that.

This past season, especially during the 6 game win streak, we scored a lot of points. The Bledsoe backers will be saying “see what he can do?” But the reality of it is the defense and special teams along with McGahee helped inflate those numbers. These high scores were not because of Drew. He has had his time. This team can no longer be Bledsoe’s team.

Bring on Losman. Is he ready? Who knows? Will he win us games? At first, probably not. Will he loose games for us? Maybe, in the beginning. But the only true way for this kid to get ready is in meaningful games. He needs the experience. With his mobility, his accurate throwing arm, and Sam Wyche helping him along, he will develop into the quarterback this team needs. It may take half of a season for Losman to find his groove again and learn the “NFL” game, but we need to do this now. If he sits on the bench another year, we will go nowhere next year and then his “learning” year will be put off until 2006. Let’s take the chance now. If we do not make the playoffs in 2005 with Losman, just remember, we probably wouldn’t have with Bledsoe either. But we will have a strong shot at 2006. If we start Bledsoe next season, we might as well wait until 2007 before we get our chance at the playoffs.

Bledsoe says it’s his team. Sorry Drew, it WAS your team. It is now J.P.’s team.

LET’S GO BUF-FA-LO!!!!!!!!!!

Watching some of the talking heads on ESPN, etc... they all agree that Eli Manning will be light years ahead coming into 2005 based on his suffering through 2004. Tom Coughlin got bashed but let's face it.... the G-Men were not playoff worthy and they bit the bullet by getting Manning some much needed experience. It's ironic that the Bills resurgence actually killed JP's development even though (as you stated) Drew was mostly along for the ride. So now we played Drew all of 2004 and still having nothng to show for it since making the playoffs was the goal (not finishing 9-7). We would have been better off finishing 6-10 and getting JP some time in there. I will give Drew some credit. He is one tough SOB. Takes a licking and never misses a game. JP should take note of that one aspect of Drew's game.

Tom Coughlin got bashed but let's face it.... the G-Men were not playoff worthy and they bit the bullet by getting Manning some much needed experience. 

194072[/snapback]

That's total and utter bull sh--. The Giants were 5-2 under Warner and had the second best record in the NFC. Now considering the strength of the NFC this year the Giants could've been a ligitimate super bowl contender. If you're going to spit out some kind of obscure "fact" to try and justify the fact that we should've started Losman then at least make it somewhat realistic. :D

I'm not someone who just changed his name, that was seriously my first post on this board. I have read it for years, but this is a topic I feel strong about and I wanted to vent. Isn't that what these boards are for?

That's total and utter bull sh--. The Giants were 5-2 under Warner and had the second best record in the NFC. Now considering the strength of the NFC this year the Giants could've been a ligitimate super bowl contender. If you're going to spit out some kind of obscure "fact" to try and justify the fact that we should've started Losman then at least make it somewhat realistic.  :D

194134[/snapback]

What are you, some kind of a F-ing moron?!?!? First off, do some research b/f you spill your drivel. The Giants were 5-4 when they benched Warner, not 5-2. And what's even worse is they had lost 3 out of 4 leading up to Eli's insertion and that included home losses to the horrible Bears and not much better Lions (and the Cardinals). Warner was sacked something like 14 times in 2 consecutive losses. Clearly they were not going to the playoffs with Warner or Eli especially since their last 7 games were against top notch defenses. It was a good move imo to play Eli and get his career started.

The Bills did the right thing in playing Drew to the end. They had to. All I'm saying is that it's ironic that our playoff run killed JP's development for 2004.

I'm not someone who just changed his name, that was seriously my first post on this board. I have read it for years, but this is a topic I feel strong about and I wanted to vent. Isn't that what these boards are for?

194235[/snapback]

Not to worry DR. You are making too much sense for the drewlish ones. They appreciate it if you stay away from facts.