Lose Either Levitre or Byrd and Bills Take Another Step Back

box0life

Said this before and I'll say it again. If they can afford to re-sign Kelsay every two years, burn money on Merriman, and give Fitzy over $21MM for the past two years, they can afford to keep two elite players that they drafted. I agree with the OP. F--- this team if they let these two get away.

Said this before and I'll say it again. If they can afford to re-sign Kelsay every two years, burn money on Merriman, and give Fitzy over $21MM for the past two years, they can afford to keep two elite players that they drafted. I agree with the OP. F--- this team if they let these two get away.

the players you speak of would actually want to stay here. That is questionable at this point. Either they actually do like Chan and we get of him and they walk, or they hate Chan, and we retain him and they walk.

Just an argument that needs to be brought up.

the players you speak of would actually want to stay here. That is questionable at this point. Either they actually do like Chan and we get of him and they walk, or they hate Chan, and we retain him and they walk.

Just an argument that needs to be brought up.

The other variable is that they dislike Chan, we get rid of Chan, and they are happy about returning under a new coach.

GO BILLS!!!

Losing either player would be very bad. Levitre is outstanding and the better of the two. We should sign him first. He is going to get some excellent offers.

This is typical of team that constantly change GMs and coaches.

Look at Lynch in Seattle? As good as Spiller is did we really need him with Lynch on the team?

Look at Whitner in San Fran? Maybe not the best pick at 8 but he is a much better player than Wilson. Whitner is hitting his prime and in the Pro Bowl. Wilson is hitting a wall, missing tackles, and dropping interceptions. Bryan Scott cannot carry Whitner's jock strap.

While I am for dumping Nix and Chan I suspect that we will looe some good players in the process of another overhaul.

Woulda coulda shoulda is the mantra for this team.

Take a step back?? To where? The Bills are a 4-6 win team WITH these 2 guys.

If we lose Byrd, does our awful defense really get significantly worse? Losing Levitre will lead to fewer points scored on a offense that can't score points?

These would be significant psychological losses. perhaps

Edited by Mr. WEO

They are both gone unless they use the tag. The Bills were negotiating agianst themselvbes with Stevie. He is an average WR who may be the best route runner in the league. There was no big market for him though. There will be big money available for both Levitre(3-5th highest paid guard) and Byrd(top paid safety in the league).

They are both gone unless they use the tag. The Bills were negotiating agianst themselvbes with Stevie. He is an average WR who may be the best route runner in the league. There was no big market for him though. There will be big money available for both Levitre(3-5th highest paid guard) and Byrd(top paid safety in the league).

with teams making calls to old and over the hill Owens, Moss, Burress, Johnson what makes you think there was no market for him.

Get over the hate. He's no Calvin Johnson. No S%#T!!! But he IS a #1 WR in this league and would be on probably 15-20 teams in the league.

Take a step back?? To where? The Bills are a 4-6 win team WITH these 2 guys.

If we lose Byrd, does our awful defense really get significantly worse? Losing Levitre will lead to fewer points scored on a offense that can't score points?

These would be significant psychological losses. perhaps

This is poor logic. What hope do the Bills have of ever becoming a good team if they let their best players leave and just keep creating holes? Byrd is an elite safety in the league and Levitre is a borderline elite guard. They both need to be retained. Just because the team sucks doesn't mean it's the fault of these two guys.