Bills Free Agents After This Year and Next May Walk

box0life

McKelvin and Jones can run not walk away and I'm guessing Mckelvin is gone he sucks. Special team play doesn't warrant what his asking price will be. Jones? He's easily replaceable. What has he done?

But Levitre and especially Byrd may require a hometown bonus, not discount, to play their careers on a sub par team.

Levitre or Byrd....they both will be be a max effort to keep with possibly one being franchised.

McKelvin will be kept if the terms are right. Same with Jones. McKelvin will get more interest from the league because of his return ability. Jones will not get any wow offer from around the league that will make him go.

Alot of this also depends on what is in the market next year.

After being a part of this team for several years, how does this front office convince players like Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, and Jones to resign with this team, let alone Wood and Spiller for next year? This team may be starting from scratch if these players walk.We certainly can't afford to lose Levitre and Byrd this year and the Bills never use the Franchise tag.What happens if these players walk. I am even worried about losing McKelvin and Jones. We can't afford to lose our best punt returner in McKelvin and like it or not he is better than A. Williams, Rogers and Brooks as far as I can see. McGee is done. Graham won't be able to replace Jones either. We are going to spend next year's draft replacing the pieces we lose in free agency. This team may not be able to improve with the draft next year if they lose these pieces.

Next year gets even more concerning when Wood and Spiller decide to opt out and try free agency. Why would Spiller want to resign with this team after the way he was utilized.

If you were a player like Byrd or LeVitre who will get a big contract wherever they go, here or somewhere else, would you want to stay here and be another Aaron Schobel or Chris Kelsay and spend an entire career not even getting close to the playoffs? I don't think I would. Money is nice, but if you can get it from multiple teams, most of them much better then the Bills will be in our lifetimes, I think I would bolt too, I can't blame them. Edited by BuffBill

After being a part of this team for several years, how does this front office convince players like Levitre, Byrd, McKelvin, and Jones to resign with this team, let alone Wood and Spiller for next year? This team may be starting from scratch if these players walk.We certainly can't afford to lose Levitre and Byrd this year and the Bills never use the Franchise tag.What happens if these players walk. I am even worried about losing McKelvin and Jones. We can't afford to lose our best punt returner in McKelvin and like it or not he is better than A. Williams, Rogers and Brooks as far as I can see. McGee is done. Graham won't be able to replace Jones either. We are going to spend next year's draft replacing the pieces we lose in free agency. This team may not be able to improve with the draft next year if they lose these pieces.

Next year gets even more concerning when Wood and Spiller decide to opt out and try free agency. Why would Spiller want to resign with this team after the way he was utilized.

I do not think Levitre and Byrd will be back. Your concern is legit. The Patriots keep reloading and the Bills keep rebuilding. The Bills have lost ground in the AFC east. Only a new owner will solve the problem. Perhaps the fiscal cliff will work to our advantage here.

I think Mike Martz would take the job. That one game he was announcing he sounded like he would love to coach the Bills.

I believe he was interviewed when they hired the Offensive Genius we are stuck with now? It would kinda scare me if they hired Martz for one reason-if you listened to him broadcast the Bills game sunday, he talked like Shitzpatrick was an elite QB, and would probably bring him back as the starter.

I honestly hope they all leave. The good ones. Byrd, Wood, Levitre, CJ. They all deserve good teams and pro bowl caliber type years. They won't get that here. Just like the playoffs and any real shot at the Superbowl.

I really do want to see them do well somewhere else. We suck. No point bringing them down.

You're lying. You're venting. I understand that. But you dont really want your best players leaving.

I do not think Levitre and Byrd will be back. Your concern is legit. The Patriots keep reloading and the Bills keep rebuilding. The Bills have lost ground in the AFC east. Only a new owner will solve the problem. Perhaps the fiscal cliff will work to our advantage here.

Just move the damn team. I really hope they move to la in 2014. I can finally root for a home nfl team.

In buffalo they will always suck. I could see the excitement/momentum of the new stadium taking the la bills to the playoffs the 1st year.

Get er done Ralph!

All speculation at this point. They are trying to get a deal done with Byrd so I would imagine he is their number one priority.Franchsing him is a lower number than Levitre so I don't think Byrd will be flying anywhere soon. Locking up Urbik makes Levitre, a little (emphasie little) more expendable. But my guess is that they'll keep both. Donald jones will stay and Mckelvin will probably leave.

Side note: Why is it that our D looked horrible last week for the first time in a long time.........A williams was on the field for the first time in a long time.....conincidence????/hmmm

All speculation at this point. They are trying to get a deal done with Byrd so I would imagine he is their number one priority.Franchsing him is a lower number than Levitre so I don't think Byrd will be flying anywhere soon. Locking up Urbik makes Levitre, a little (emphasie little) more expendable. But my guess is that they'll keep both. Donald jones will stay and Mckelvin will probably leave.

Side note: Why is it that our D looked horrible last week for the first time in a long time.........A williams was on the field for the first time in a long time.....conincidence????/hmmm

The reason the D looked bad was they were playing against pathetic offenses in previous weeks. Including the Rams. This D sucks and needs a huge talent infusion in all of the usual positions plus some coaches. Don't be blinded because they beat the Jags and the 100 million dollar man made some plays finally.This D is a joke. Edited by Best Player Available

Why would they leave? A pay check here is a pay check elsewhere. That is if our price beats the other teams price. Alot of fans think these guys truly give a damn about a winning organization.

If you were a player like Byrd or LeVitre who will get a big contract wherever they go, here or somewhere else, would you want to stay here and be another Aaron Schobel or Chris Kelsay and spend an entire career not even getting close to the playoffs? I don't think I would. Money is nice, but if you can get it from multiple teams, most of them much better then the Bills will be in our lifetimes, I think I would bolt too, I can't blame them.

AGHHH!! Yet, the Bills have made some conservative deals; i.e. Ubrik 4yr/13 mil. is a very good deal for Buffalo. Stevie was a good deal. Fitz, although high for us, is really paid the statistical equivalent of his actual rank. They could probably afford to pay both Levitre and Byrd, if they accept a contract roughly 80% of what the high mark is at their positions. I happen to believe the coaching staff has a HUGE part to do with whether or not F.A.'s want to come to Buffalo. We're talking about the RIGHT type of F.A. - not one who would like to just go to a team that is okay with mediocrity (where H.C.'s get paid for losing years, players paid for losing games) and where he could slide. That is on Nix to address, just another reason to add to the list why he needs to make a decision on the H.C. as soon as the season is at end.

I had the pleasure of meeting Andy Levitre a couple years ago in New York City. I bought him a couple shots and told him I was a fan of him and the team. The one thing that stood out to me was his close friendship with Eric Wood. He actually used the phrase "He's like my best friend." (The topic of Eric Wood came up when a girl I was seeing at the time told Levitre that Wood "looks like a big man cherub" ; Levitre cracked up). The point is, this might hold some weight during negotiations. Offensive lines tend to have greater comradery than any other unit on a team. The only one I'm concerned about is Byrd. Who knows how that's going to play out.

I remained shocked that nobody on the team speaks out about the situation. A lot of these guys, for whatever reason - really like Chan Gailey.

They all liked Jauron also. Maybe that's part of the problem. Let's get a coach in here who demands performance and isn't so damned "likable."

McKelvin and Jones can run not walk away and I'm guessing Mckelvin is gone he sucks. Special team play doesn't warrant what his asking price will be. Jones? He's easily replaceable. What has he done?

But Levitre and especially Byrd may require a hometown bonus, not discount, to play their careers on a sub par team.

Correct. The Mario contract will have them both looking at bigger numbers than would otherwise be the case. Yes.

I find the Subject fascinating and now you know why purposely losing games for a higher draft pick IS NOT ALWAYS a SMART idea.

Finishing last will cost you big time in free agency......BIG TIME>>>>

Nobody wants to play for a 13 year loser UNLESS you seriously overpay....

Edited by HOUSE

During the Seahawks game i thought that Ryan Fitzpatrick offers no hope at all for the team. None.

The Jets defense, or Pace said something that rang true for me. Something to the effect " it is very hard to overcome Sanchez's mistakes".

We are in the same boat.

Put a major effort into aquiring some QB's and the rest of the fellows might well get behind the team again.

I know i would.

Byrd Levitre should be a focus and Urbik being signed shows the Nix is not sitting on his hands.

Now will Ralph and Co pay them the " i have to to play for the Bills premium " ?

i think so.

One of the few significant changes for the postive with Nix.