Please can we screw the Patriots???

wil1226

Sign Adam Vinatieri!!!! He is clutch!!!!

Here is a list of free agent kickers.(www.theredzone.org)

Adam Vinatieri UFA Patriots

Wade Richey UFA Ravens

Jeff Reed RFA Steelers

Lawrence Tynes ERFA Chiefs

Morten Andersen UFA Vikings

Todd Peterson UFA 49ers

Jay Feely UFA Falcons

Steve Christie UFA Giants

If not, the Colts can't keep Gramatica can they? Even he would be an improvement over what we have now.

Adam Vinatieri UFA Patriots 

Wade Richey UFA Ravens 

Jeff Reed RFA Steelers 

Lawrence Tynes ERFA Chiefs 

Morten Andersen UFA Vikings 

Todd Peterson UFA 49ers 

Jay Feely UFA Falcons 

Steve Christie  UFA Giants

193243[/snapback]

I'll take any one of these guys, but I bet most of them would re-sign with their current teams.

I'm tellin' ya...Mike Nugent.

Agreed. He drilled his FG's on Sunday. All his kickoffs were deep, unlike squibber Lindell.

193750[/snapback]

No luck about it: Steelers' Reed one of NFL's hottest kickers

ALAN ROBINSON

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH - The confidence level of his coach is way up. His reliance on superstition is way down. Jeff Reed of the Steelers is one of the NFL's hottest kickers, and it's partly because he's much more reliant on himself than on outside forces.

Kickers often are a superstitious lot because they depend not only upon routine, but on a chain of command that cannot afford a single breakdown if a kick is to be successful. If the snap or the hold is messed up, a kicker usually can't compensate.

Reed was no different when he arrived in the NFL midway through the 2002 season, after the Steelers went through two kickers (Kris Brown, Todd Peterson) during their first season and a half in Heinz Field. They were so desperate for a reliable kicker, they signed Reed following a rare, in-season tryout involving multiple kickers.

But now that the former North Carolina kicker has been in the league and watched other top kickers, Reed understands that successful NFL kicking is much more about preparation and talent rather than the supernatural.

"(Long snapper) Mike (Schneck) told me that," Reed said. "He said eventually I'd stop being as superstitious as I was and he's right. I mean, I'm still superstitious but it's not nearly as bad."

It's not that he's totally abandoned luck - "I think everybody on this team has something they do before every game," he said - but he no longer counts on it.

"The guys are moving the ball, blocking for me and Mike and (holder) Chris (Gardocki) are doing a great job," Reed said. "I know every ball's going to be there, so it's in my court. It's just a matter of being consistent like I know I can be."

It doesn't get much more consistent than this: 17-of-17 in his last seven games, including 4-of-4 Dec. 18 against the Giants and 5-of-5 Sunday against the Bills.

The Steelers' offense has much to do with it - he hasn't had a kick longer than 40 yards during the streak - but so does the confidence his coach and teammates have in him.

During a team meeting before the Bills' game, coach Bill Cowher showed videotape of two of Reed's recent field goals and said, "Just get this guy in position and he'll come through."

Reed admittedly was buoyed by Cowher's words, but said all kickers must have exactly that kind of confidence to be successful.

Since a bad snap and hold led to a missed 24-yarder against Cleveland on Oct. 17, Reed has built a field-goal streak that is only two short of Gary Anderson's team-record 19 in a row in 1994.

For the season, Reed is 28-of-33, going 25-of-27 since he was 3-of-6 in the Steelers' first three games - with two misses coming in monsoonlike conditions Sept. 26 in Miami.

"Jeff Reed is kicking with a lot of confidence," Cowher said. "He's kicking as well as anyone in the National Football League."

It's obvious that the Steelers have far more confidence in Reed than they did in Brown in 2001, the last time they began the AFC playoffs top-seeded and with home-field advantage.

During that initial Steelers season in Heinz Field, Brown struggled on a patchwork grass field that was resodded numerous times. Admittedly shaky by season's end, he missed two of his three playoff attempts from 39 yards and in - for most NFL kickers, a veritable chip shot.

Reed, by contrast, has missed only two attempts during the second half of the season and is going into the playoffs convinced that he'll make every kick.

"I expect perfection," he said.

No he wouldn't.

193259[/snapback]

Thanks AD, if I see the name Gramatica brought up once more as a replacement for Lindell, I think I'll lose my lunch. In fact, the Gramatica brothers may head the list of kickers who would make us wish for the good old days of "Lindell".

Some people.

Ya know what? I bet ya any money that there's some freak of nature over in like Rwanda or some similar country where they play soccer with their bare feet 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. I bet someone out there could kick a 75+ yard fieldgoal with ease. I mean, seriously, back in the day, the thought of a 390 yard drive in golf was out of the question... He's out there, we just need to find him...

I think TD should go on a mission, or send one of his cohorts.

Ya know what? I bet ya any money that there's some freak of nature over in like Rwanda or some similar country where they play soccer with their bare feet 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. I bet someone out there could kick a 75+ yard fieldgoal with ease. I mean, seriously, back in the day, the thought of a 390 yard drive in golf was out of the question... He's out there, we just need to find him...

194288[/snapback]

Maybe he could hire Kevin Bacon to find him.... :D

194288[/snapback]

Remember that Disney (I think) movie in the 70s? The one where the worst football team gets a mule that can kick 85 yard field goals. The Bills should get that mule. That was one hell of a mule.

Remember that Disney (I think) movie in the 70s?  The one where the worst football team gets a mule that can kick 85 yard field goals.  The Bills should get that mule.  That was one hell of a mule.

194396[/snapback]

Yeah I remember that movie. I remember being pissed that he beat the Bills.

I'm tellin' ya...Mike Nugent.

193738[/snapback]

I keep reading this guy's name here. Any links to info about why he's so highly regarded? If he's that great, won't he go in the first round like Janikowski?

CW