Our North American Society has reached too far for Political correctne

The Penn State Sorority who held a party dressed like Old Style Mexican stereo types is now front page news and lead story on morning TV...that is sick.

A model wears North American Indian type clothes and that makes the USA Today front page...WHAT! She can walk the stage without underwear and that is OK...but a feather inn her hair and she is critisized.

Why are we so sensitve..Will be soon like England and make it a crime to use certain words that may be insensitive?

Do football fans remember when NFL would not let people dress to tease Mike Vick when the "Ron Mexico" issue was hot.

A hockey player dresses like Michael Jackson for a Halloween Party (including colored face) and it makes the front page of Toronto papers. He wears 1 glove is OK, but face paint is wrong.? It is a costume !!!!!!!!!!! So if a political theme at a party no one can go dressed as Jessie Jackson or President Obama. Can a African American not dress up as Richard Nixon

Since calling the holiday Christmas is not politically correct in many circles will July 4th soon become Country Day so you can choose your own country to celebrate so as not too hurt the feelings of anyone born in another country. Strangley it seems the more money our government gives to a country to help support them the more they make us feel guilty.

It may be my age...it may be because I feel many are insensitive towards me, I do understand the issues ( I use to teach people about such subjects in the workplace)...but have we gone too far in trying to make a news story... Humor is humor...fashion is fashion..these people are not politicians..but if course if they were making an obvious political statement it would be Ok as free speech.....they are not doing anything more than either having a party or presenting fashion.

Now I feel better having said this...your thoughts?

Nothing will change until the silent HUGE majority who hates this stuff and hates the erosion of American values and culture pushes back against the PC turds.

Until the next entertainer who gets nailed for telling an off color joke (not truly racist, of course) tells the special interests to !@#$ off, nothing will change.

Until parents tell the single atheist whiner who demands the local holiday celebration in the town park gets cancelled to !@#$ off, nothing will change.

Until the construction crews who are doing a job tell the moron school administrator who claims a "men working" sign is sexist to !@#$ off, nothing will change.

Until the parents demand that schools reinstate the celebration of ALL holidays, nothing will change.

And so on, and so on.

I think you get the point.

Edited by RkFast

Until the parents demand that schools reinstate the celebration of ALL holidays, nothing will change.

I was vaguely aware that religious holidays don't get a lot of play in schools these days, but didn't really focus on it until my wife told me that our 3 year old's private nursery school doesn't do anything to acknowledge Halloween or Thanksgiving. Ridiculous.

I was vaguely aware that religious holidays don't get a lot of play in schools these days, but didn't really focus on it until my wife told me that our 3 year old's private nursery school doesn't do anything to acknowledge Halloween or Thanksgiving. Ridiculous.

Damn, can't even celebrate a pagan holiday anymore with people getting all uptight about it.

I think it is a well intentioned attempt to level the plaing field, be nice, be couteous, be empathetic to others and their feelings, etc.....

the problem is, life is not as described above.

I don't know if it apples for apples, but how about where people won't say NO to their kids because of the fragile psyches? How about the people who won't let Dodgeball in schools because it is exclusionary and rough? What about the playgrounds that are now made out of Rubber because no kids can ever get a splinter, but now we find these playgrounds suck and kids don't want to play on them? How about parents who don't use the term "fat" to describe fat people, they now call them "full"? How about the parking in the front of my gym that is reserved for "Eco-Friendly Vehicles" does that include my vehicle which I drive 3 miles a day versus my co-worker who drive 60 both ways? Honestly, I think the parking spots close to the gym should be reserved for skinny people....

Its no diiferent with the Government. Government attempt to creates this well intentioned fairness and level playing field, but that is not how socities work... In the end we spend all this time trying to flatten our the curve,when the fact is 95% of the people the cuve don't care or have other things to worry about.

I think it is a well intentioned attempt to level the plaing field, be nice, be couteous, be empathetic to others and their feelings, etc.....

I don't know if it apples for apples, but how about where people won't say NO to their kids because of the fragile psyches? How about the people who won't let Dodgeball in schools because it is exclusionary and rough? What about the playgrounds that are now made out of Rubber because no kids can ever get a splinter, but now we find these playgrounds suck and kids don't want to play on them? How about parents who don't use the term "fat" to describe fat people, they now call them "full"? How about the parking in the front of my gym that is reserved for "Eco-Friendly Vehicles" does that include my vehicle which I drive 3 miles a day versus my co-worker who drive 60 both ways? Honestly, I think the parking spots close to the gym should be reserved for skinny people....

Its no diiferent with the Government. Government attempt to creates this well intentioned fairness and level playing field, but that is not how socities work... In the end we spend all this time trying to flatten our the curve,when the fact is 95% of the people the cuve don't care or have other things to worry about.

I always thought rubber mulch was better than wood mulch because it was easier to maintain and looked nicer longer. I never heard the splinter thing.

That is ridiculous about eco-friendly vehicles... If I ever saw anything like that... I would park in the spot w/my 15 mpg Jeep! Like you said... What defines "eco-friendly." Not that I support the hill billy culture... But I thought it was pretty funny when I read the sign posted on the back of a diesel truck:

"Its's Not Diesel, Its Prius Repellant"

It is not just the government...consider the recent case of the homeless man at TimesSquare...front page, no shoes, Policeman helps him. Later it is discovered he has an

Army Pension, has a place to live (apartment) but does not use it, his family says he does not take advantage of the opportunities to help himself...now he is being rundown in the press as a phoney...he still walks around in the winter on shoeless feet is obviously a mentally ill, but the press now treat him like a PHONEY... because he is outside their norm...this is OK, but a sorority has a party and look what happens...How does one have a costume of Obama without blackface paint...or is it OK to have a black mask but black face paint is not OK...

I always thought rubber mulch was better than wood mulch because it was easier to maintain and looked nicer longer. I never heard the splinter thing.

That is ridiculous about eco-friendly vehicles... If I ever saw anything like that... I would park in the spot w/my 15 mpg Jeep! Like you said... What defines "eco-friendly." Not that I support the hill billy culture... But I thought it was pretty funny when I read the sign posted on the back of a diesel truck:

"Its's Not Diesel, Its Prius Repellant"

There was a Ford Expedition in the first spot right in front of the "Eco Friendly" sign... I tried to get a pic of the Vehicles and the Sign on my phone, but couldn't get the shot... lol.....

Another thing that bothers me is they have these special showers in the facility that work on solar power or some ****... there is a sign in the shower that says "please note, the shower temperature fluctuates" .... yes it goes form hot to cold and back and forth... its the most retarded thing I have every seen.

I think the whole playgrounds now are rubberized, there is no merry god round wheel... I guess they suck and kids don't want o be on them anymore..

Yeah, how does one define eco friendly? Prius repellant, that is awesome.

That is ridiculous about eco-friendly vehicles... If I ever saw anything like that... I would park in the spot w/my 15 mpg Jeep! Like you said... What defines "eco-friendly."

"Eco-friendly" is buying a 15 year old used car, where you're not incurring the environmental costs of manufacturing a new one and disposal of an old one, which amount to around 70% of the environmental footprint of a car.

The idea that a Prius is "green" is utterly ridiculous. It's one of the most environmentally unfriendly cars available.

"Eco-friendly" is buying a 15 year old used car, where you're not incurring the environmental costs of manufacturing a new one and disposal of an old one, which amount to around 70% of the environmental footprint of a car.

The idea that a Prius is "green" is utterly ridiculous. It's one of the most environmentally unfriendly cars available.

Not to mentioned you look like a big hairpie driving one,,,,

Same with those damn Al Gore Lightbulbs... How many people actually dispose of them properly? I refuse to use them. My polite excuse? "I have dimmers on every light switch." LoL...