Brian Hartline -wr- (@San Francisco)

Josh Gordon -wr- (vs Kansas City)

Which defense:

Houston (@New England)

Cincinnati (@ Dallas)

As always, any input is appreciated!

Brown and Cincy.

Thanks.

That is where I am leaning right now. I have this vision of the Texans dimantling the Pats on Monday night...but how often does that happen. The way their stellar defense struggled against the Jags scares me a little. Bengals D is not as dominant...but the Cowboys are a lot more prone to mistakes, and unearned turnonvers than the Pats.

The site we use (NFL.COM) projects that I am going to lose this weekend 163-86!

Of course, last week, I was supposed to lose by the score or 135-85....I ended up winning 155-124. Projecting fantasy football points, I have come to the conclusion, is just stupid!

it has to be bryce brown. Word is McCoy will be out another week and Foles is now the starter so they will ride the rb hard.

As for the D is there no better options on the waiver wire? Not to be a homer but the Bills D may be worth a look as with the forecast there won't be much passing and the Rams O isn't that great either. Other D's I may look for are Cleveland (don't laugh they are playing KC and I think the hangover will be great this weekend), and Jets D (vs Jags who are terrible at home). All of them are lower tier D's that I think will have a good week and should be available.

Good Luck!

My lineup:

Definite starts:

Cam Newton -qb- (vs Atl)

Frank Gore -rb- (vs Miami)

Chris Johnson -rb- (@ Indianapolis)

Wes Welker -wr- (vs Houston)

Marques Colston -wr- (@NY Giants)

Jimmy Graham -te- (@NY Giants)

Jason Hanson -pk- (@ Green Bay)

My question:

Who to play at FLEX position:

Bryce Brown- rb- (@Tampa Bay)

Michael Crabtree- wr- (vs Miami)

Which defense:

Houston (@New England)

Cincinnati (@ Dallas)

I'd play Josh Gordon versus a VERY weak Chiefs secondary (no team has allowed more TD's to WR'ers this season). I wouldn't play Bryce Brown versus the #1 rushing defense in the NFL (currently allowing 82.3 YPG and have only allowed 988 total rushing yards on the season). I agree with playing Cincinnati D/ST over New England.

it has to be bryce brown. Word is McCoy will be out another week and Foles is now the starter so they will ride the rb hard.

As for the D is there no better options on the waiver wire? Not to be a homer but the Bills D may be worth a look as with the forecast there won't be much passing and the Rams O isn't that great either. Other D's I may look for are Cleveland (don't laugh they are playing KC and I think the hangover will be great this weekend), and Jets D (vs Jags who are terrible at home). All of them are lower tier D's that I think will have a good week and should be available.

Good Luck!

Yeah...the Bills are available (the best of the available teams)...I was thinking along those lines as well...but I am always so hesitant to let my personal life (Bills) bleed into my business life (winning fat cash in FF!)....may reconsider...Bills always scare me, whenever I think I have them figured out, they do something to surprise me.

Yeah...the Bills are available (the best of the available teams)...I was thinking along those lines as well...but I am always so hesitant to let my personal life (Bills) bleed into my business life (winning fat cash in FF!)....may reconsider...Bills always scare me, whenever I think I have them figured out, they do something to surprise me.

Consider the Browns D/ST....available in most leagues. Very favorable matchup against a horrible Chiefs offense this week. The Browns have quietly been playing some pretty good defense lately.

I'd play Josh Gordon versus a VERY weak Chiefs secondary (no team has allowed more TD's to WR'ers this season). I wouldn't play Bryce Brown versus the #1 rushing defense in the NFL (currently allowing 82.3 YPG and have only allowed 988 total rushing yards on the season). I agree with playing Cincinnati D/ST over New England.

Would you play Gordon over any of the following:

Edited by Buftex

Consider the Browns D/ST....available in most leagues. Very favorable matchup against a horrible Chiefs offense this week. The Browns have quietly been playing some pretty good defense lately.

Browns are not available...my available options:

Not available..only teams available:

Bills (vs St Louis)

Titans (@Indy)

Lions (@Green Bay)

Chiefs (@Cleveland)

Saints (@NY Giants)

Jaguars (vs NY Jets)

Raiders (vs Denver)

Would you play Gordon over any of the following:

Nope...the only one I even pondered was Gore vs a pretty strong Miami rushing defense.....but no.

Browns are not available...my available options:

Not available..only teams available:

Bills (vs St Louis)

Titans (@Indy)

Lions (@Green Bay)

Chiefs (@Cleveland)

Saints (@NY Giants)

Jaguars (vs NY Jets)

Raiders (vs Denver)

Maybe give Buffalo D/ST a shot? I would consider it a toss-up between Cincinnati and Buffalo....a very slight lean toward Cincinnati if McKelvin doesn't play. Hell....for once go with your heart on this one.

Another thing to do if you can hold out is wait until Sunday morning and check the weather forecasts. Bad rain/weather generally equals low points/good fantasy d games. As for the Bills they have the 2nd ranked D over the last 3 weeks so that is something to keep in mind.

How about some help for my situation:

Atlanta D @ Carolina

Baltimore D @ Washington

I'm feeling strongly Atlanta vs Carolina is the play however Cam has turned it on lately and Atl D only got 4 points last time they played. I'd like to avoid Baltimore with Suggs injury and the rg3 factor.

I have a ton of options too: Buffalo vs. Rams, Jets @ Jags, Tampa Bay vs. Philly, Cleveland vs. KC, and Cincy vs. Dallas. Out of these I don't really care for Tampa Bay or Cincy as I don't like playing bad d's (tampa) or against hot teams (cowboys :sick: ). So what do you guys think?

Edited by section122

Another thing to do if you can hold out is wait until Sunday morning and check the weather forecasts. Bad rain/weather generally equals low points/good fantasy d games. As for the Bills they have the 2nd ranked D over the last 3 weeks so that is something to keep in mind.

Atlanta D @ Carolina

Baltimore D @ Washington

I'm feeling strongly Atlanta vs Carolina is the play however Cam has turned it on lately and Atl D only got 4 points last time they played. I'd like to avoid Baltimore with Suggs injury and the rg3 factor.

I have a ton of options too: Buffalo vs. Rams, Jets @ Jags, Tampa Bay vs. Philly, Cleveland vs. KC, and Cincy vs. Dallas. Out of these I don't really care for Tampa Bay or Cincy as I don't like playing bad d's (tampa) or against hot teams (cowboys :sick: ). So what do you guys think?

Damn...this stuff is never easy, huh?

Of all your options, I think I would like Cleveland Vs KC first. The Browns defense has been playing pretty well, they are at home, against a bad team...and this may sound terrible, but with the tragedy surrounding the Chiefs, I have a hunch they shot their wad, so to speak, last weekend... not sure what the weather will be like in Cleveland, but it sounds like most of that are is expecting 50's and rainy...

I am a Cam Newton owner, so I remember his last game against the Falcons. He had a good game. And, maybe this is the optimisitc Newton owner in me, but he has looked really good the last few weeks...I think Rivera knows his days are numbered, and is kind of handing the offense back over to Newton. I could be very wrong, but I think he may just be hot. That said, the Falcons do seem to get a fair number of picks, which is always nice.

The one reason I like the Bengals (though not more than the Browns) this week that the Cowboys have been a little "too efficient" the last few games...this is where they tend to implode...and they are capable of lots of turnovers. The Cowboys have a lot of fairly talented skill position players, but all are prone to bad mistakes in tight games. Bengals defense is pretty decent. To me, like the Bills (who I am now leaning toward playing) this is a kind of high risk, high reward kind of play. I am not sure if they will get becoup points, but i am pretty sure they aren't going to leave you with nothing either. That is the worst.

My question:

Who to play at FLEX position:

Bryce Brown- rb- (@Tampa Bay)

Michael Crabtree- wr- (vs Miami)

Which defense:

Houston (@New England)

Cincinnati (@ Dallas)

Ya gotta go Brown & Bengals.

Atlanta D @ Carolina

Baltimore D @ Washington

Definitely roll with Atlanta over Baltimore but I'd rather have most of those waiver options over either; starting with Cleveland.

I don't think there was any reason not to drop the Ravens a month ago unless you knew Ben was going to get hurt. They're just not that good and they don't have a good playoff schedule.

Edited by BuffOrange

Damn...this stuff is never easy, huh?

Of all your options, I think I would like Cleveland Vs KC first. The Browns defense has been playing pretty well, they are at home, against a bad team...and this may sound terrible, but with the tragedy surrounding the Chiefs, I have a hunch they shot their wad, so to speak, last weekend... not sure what the weather will be like in Cleveland, but it sounds like most of that are is expecting 50's and rainy...

This is a team I co-manage and I had the same exact thought. I told my other manager this exact thing. Now reality sets in for kc. After what will be a long week for Charles (his wife's sister was the victim) I can't imagine him playing well. It is sick to think of a game within a game this way but it is reality. I'm still very undecided tho - damn Bills have me optimistic!

Definitely roll with Atlanta over Baltimore but I'd rather have most of those waiver options over either; starting with Cleveland.

I don't think there was any reason not to drop the Ravens a month ago unless you knew Ben was going to get hurt. They're just not that good and they don't have a good playoff schedule.

I actually picked up Baltimore's D right after Big Ben got hurt. They were playing 2 out of the next 3 weeks and 1 of them Atl had New Orleans (cost me a lot of points after he threw 5 picks :bag: ). They are the D I will be dropping to pick up whoever I go with bc you are correct their next 3 weeks are not good matchups.

Ugh...picked up the Bills defense, and planned on playing them today...but chickened out at the last second, and went with the Bengals instead. It got me one extra point....0 points from Bryce Brown in my flex really hurt too.

The killer is, Cam Newton had a huge day for me (45pts) but everyone else was sub-par...my opponent had a pretty mediocre too...but, he had the luck of having the Seahawks defense....he got 51 freakin' points....so now, I am down 130-90 going into Monday Night Football game...unless Wes Welker somehow gets me 41 points tomorrow night, I am out of the playoffs...disappointing end to a fun season...now I can focus on watching the Bills continue descent with no distractions from anything pleasurable...bummer Sunday.

Edited by Buftex

Hate to say I told you so...lol. Josh Gorden had 8 rec for 86 yards.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Hate to say I told you so...lol. Josh Gorden had 8 rec for 86 yards.

Yeah...should have heede your advice...I would only need 33 points tonight from Welker.

Thanks for all your advice...I had planned, earlier in the week to play Gordon (per your advice) but then, every FF "expert" on ESPN/NFL Network had Brown as their "must start" or "#1 Flex" option of the week...I'm a dope, what can I say...I know, from past experience that these guys are almost never right, but I still listen to them...

Yeah...should have heede your advice...I would only need 33 points tonight from Welker.

Thanks for all your advice...I had planned, earlier in the week to play Gordon (per your advice) but then, every FF "expert" on ESPN/NFL Network had Brown as their "must start" or "#1 Flex" option of the week...I'm a dope, what can I say...I know, from past experience that these guys are almost never right, but I still listen to them...

I hear you there. I often just go with my gut instinct...set my roster by Thursday and let it be. Sometimes, however, the "talking heads" get to me and I take their advice. I have found that following my gut instinct is usually the best move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.