We're a QB Away From The Super Bowl

ubhockey

We're an O-line away from the Super Bowl is more like it.  We've seen what DB can do when he's not getting raped from all sides because his protection failed.

Get an o-line like Indy and/or NE, and it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

192364[/snapback]

Still a team game, is it? Wouldn't a SB MVP like Mark Rypien complete our team? He had the ability to create an invisible force-field around himself that extended 6-7 yards out for 5-6 seconds nearly every play. That's the kind of QB we need.

I'd throw in the Steeler's OL, or perhaps KC's also for models. Our OL starters and backup depth will hopefully continue to improve through various personnel moves and training.

Are you serious?

After the way this team played on defense, special teams and offense in addition to Drew against the Stiller scrubs, you are telling me this team is a QB away??  Are you telling me that had we had a stud QB other than Drew, we would have WON that game?  PUHLEASE!

The defense couldn't stop 3rd and 4th stringers when it counted the most, letting them grind 8 plus minutes off the clock in the 4th quarter when everyone in the house KNEW they were going to pound the ball.  Special teams played their worst game of the season, receivers dropped passes and made key mistakes (i.e. the pass interference penalty).  We have insufficient depth at O-line and it showed when Villarial had to leave the game.  Running backs missed blitz pick-ups and Shaud Williams fugged up that misdirection play (that shouldn't have been called in the first place).  The play-calling was horrendously over-conservative as the DBs were sitting on those short routes all day.

But oh, if we only had a STUD QB we would be heading for the Superbowl now.

RRRRRRRRRIIIGHT!

192367[/snapback]

One game doesn't tell the story. Get your head out of your ass, because if we all thought like you, this team would be headed for a 1-15 season next year.

Bottom line is, a stud QB makes the offensive line problems go away. He'd makes the offense more efficient and minimize turnovers and mistakes. Hence, taking less pressure off of our defense.

We'll make the playoffs next year with Drew, but with a real QB, we can go all the way.

Post of the day, my ass.

We are not going to do better than Drew and JP ast QB next year. Despite all his defiencies, Drew is better than all the re-treads that will be available and JP is a talented young QB. Make it an open competition and may the best man win. I would like to see the OL upgraded. Re-sign Jennings and move him to the right side, go all out for the LT from Seattle - don't think Seattle is going to continue to franchise him. Then, I would either cut Mike Williams or make him restructure and move him to guard. Extend Moulds for 3 years - even if he loses a step, he is a perfect complement to Evans and should be a Bill for life. A dominant OL, with an emerging superstar in Willis and excellent receivers and that is an excellent offense with or without Drew. On defense, re-sign Pat Williams and extend Fletcher. Cut or re-structure Posey and let one of the young LB's fight for the job. I would also trade Travis for a 3rd rounder and take Nugent somehow (we could potentially have 3 third round picks). Lindell is just not a money kicker.

Bottom line is, a stud QB makes the offensive line problems go away. He'd makes the offense more efficient and minimize turnovers and mistakes. Hence, taking less pressure off of our defense.

192406[/snapback]

Take it easy, you guys. This is true to a certain extent, a great player on any squad masks other weaknesses - but teams that rely on it are often exposed. Stud QB's don't run block, for example.

Really, though - there's a lot wrong with this offense, and it's not just one player, so you can see the other side of it too, yes?

Take it easy, you guys. This is true to a certain extent, a great player on any squad masks other weaknesses - but teams that rely on it are often exposed. Stud QB's don't run block, for example.

Really, though - there's a lot wrong with this offense, and it's not just one player, so you can see the other side of it too, yes?

192413[/snapback]

I agree, but I feel that Drew hurts us more than any other position or player. The OL is getting better, it needs more depth but it's average compared to the rest of the league. I feel with a different QB, the OL will look a lot better.

We're an O-line away from the Super Bowl is more like it.  We've seen what DB can do when he's not getting raped from all sides because his protection failed.

Get an o-line like Indy and/or NE, and it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

192364[/snapback]

I got to agree with udonkey ....the Bills are an o-line away from the super bowl. As much as you like to bash Drew, the bottom line is the Bills line STINKS!!!!!!! Also some depth at LB and DE would be nice and some stick'em for Reed and Moulds

Are you serious?

After the way this team played on defense, special teams and offense in addition to Drew against the Stiller scrubs, you are telling me this team is a QB away??  Are you telling me that had we had a stud QB other than Drew, we would have WON that game?  PUHLEASE!

The defense couldn't stop 3rd and 4th stringers when it counted the most, letting them grind 8 plus minutes off the clock in the 4th quarter when everyone in the house KNEW they were going to pound the ball.  Special teams played their worst game of the season, receivers dropped passes and made key mistakes (i.e. the pass interference penalty).  We have insufficient depth at O-line and it showed when Villarial had to leave the game.  Running backs missed blitz pick-ups and Shaud Williams fugged up that misdirection play (that shouldn't have been called in the first place).  The play-calling was horrendously over-conservative as the DBs were sitting on those short routes all day.

But oh, if we only had a STUD QB we would be heading for the Superbowl now.

RRRRRRRRRIIIGHT!

192367[/snapback]

Right friggin on BB! This WAS the best post of the day!

Btw, I addressed you personally in a thread I started. :)

Once again, how do you know JP is not the answer for 2005.  Didn't Tom Brady come out of nowhere when DB got hurt to win a SB with the Patriots?

192361[/snapback]

We don't know for sure but we do know that MM doesn't think he is ready. He actually sees JP play all the time in practice. I know it might seem silly to rely on a head coach with a life time of experience in football and all of his assistants who have first hand knowledge of JP's abilities to figure out if he is ready to play but stangely, I prefer their judgment to that of fans who haven't seen JP in practice.

We don't know for sure but we do know that MM doesn't think he is ready.  He actually sees JP play all the time in practice.  I know it might seem silly to rely on a head coach with a life time of experience in football and all of his assistants who have first hand knowledge of JP's abilities to figure out if he is ready to play but stangely, I prefer their judgment to that of fans who haven't seen JP in practice.

192807[/snapback]

Did MM SAY that JP won't be ready for the 2005 opener? MM has already decided that JP won't be ready for 2005 even though they haven't had the numerous off season mini camps or training camp yet? Help me out here?? :)

I don't know what is out there, but if we have a stud at QB next year, this team is going a long way.

192355[/snapback]

I disagree. If Bledsoe had played lights out perhaps he could compensate for:

1. A rash of penalties called on this team which not only are the blame of the O and the D (ex. pass interference on Reed and Fletcher) but stopped the ST from playing the great role it played during our streak.

2. The D giving up over a hundread yards to a fourth string RB and us giving up a critical 1st down to a 4th string QB.

3. Huge ST errors from the missed chip shot by Lindell to the fumble by Clements

4. A host of other errors to numerous large and small to name that contributed to this loss.

However, if what folks expect is some QB to come riding in on a white pony to save us from these errors and deliver an SB to us, then they are motivated by something other than reality.

Bledsoe did not save us and his production sucked, but this is by far not the only or main reason this team got beaten by Pittsburgh at home.