Try to wrap your head around this

First of all, I have to give credit to my brother for this. I spend an unhealthy amount of time talking about football, but I have never pondered or posed a question quite like this:

If the NFL decided to hit a reset button, and every player was an available draft pick, would the Bills be able to re-draft their entire team? Mind you, this isn't a good thing, and obviously the Bills wouldn't want to re-draft their current roster, but using this as an experiment to show the lack of talent on the roster, do you think it is possible? I think this could probably be argued for a lot of the bottom-dwellers, but I'm focusing on our Bills.

Let's use the 49ers as an example. In a re-draft (either snake style or reset back to first each round), I find it unlikely that they would still be able to draft Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith, among others. This is just a small example, but certainly it gets more complicated as the draft goes on.

The only area that I think things might get tricky for the Billa is with the O-line, trying to get Wood, Levitre and Glenn.

Who would be the Bills first pick to keep the team intact? CJ Spiller? Kyle Williams? Stephon Gilmore?

And would Luck be the no doubt first overall pick, for whichever team got the first pick?? Who else is even in the conversation? Matt Ryan? Robert Griffen III? Quinn Pitcock?

Hmmm, that's a pretty interesting theory. Kyle Williams would be a top pick, but definitely not the first. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but you can't build your team around a 29 year old defensive tackle. Spiller has got to be our first pick IMO.

And for the first overall pick, it's gotta be either Luck or RG3.

I think Aaron Rogers would be the first pick. If every player is available is the draft over 50 rounds and why would we want to keep a 4-7 team intact? I think CJ and Mario would probably be our only players in the top 100.

I don't think he means that he'd want to draft our current roster. I think he's bringing up the possibility of having the ability to draft our current roster, which is pretty pathetic on the Bills part.

Ok I will play...There are 32 teams. Who you draft would depend on your strategy. If the goal is to win the SuperBowl in 2013 I would draft Tom Brady. If the goal for your team is to build a contender for the next decade then sure Luck or RG# or Rodgers may be the way to go.

But I think what you are asking is where do the Bills players rank if you ranked all the players. My guess is a Bills player would not come off the board until no earlier than round four. I can not see a single player on this team in the top 100. Now that would change if Mario plays the rest of the season as he has the last three games. No the fourth and fifth round of this mythical draft could be dominated by Bills players. Byrd, Levitre, Spiller, Wood, Mario, Kyle Williams, Stevie are all guys that could be on the list of 97-160. I don't follow all the rookies in the league but if the redid that draft I would see no reason why Gilmore and Glenn would not be first rounders. They have done nothing to disappoint. So in short there is no elite talent on this team but there are very very good players. We just need a few more at WR and LB.

I think Aaron Rogers would be the first pick. If every player is available is the draft over 50 rounds and why would we want to keep a 4-7 team intact? I think CJ and Mario would probably be our only players in the top 100.

You wouldn't want to keep the team together. I'm just saying, as an experiment, could you with the Bills? That's a testament to the current state of the team. If the 49ers, Packers, Patriots or Texans tried to, they likely would not be able to.

are you kidding me?

spiller and jackson would be taken ahead of most every running back in the league, and we have them BOTH.

levitre, wood, and glenn are top oline players, and are YOUNG. theyre only going to get better, and all would be taken very early in a draft.

stevie is a solid wideout, maybe not all world, but after guys like megatron are off the board, hes going to be someone you draft. he's a technical route runner, and can find ways to get open. gms around the league know how bad fitz is. the fact that stevie is as good as he is, shows you how great he actually is (if that makes sense.)

chandler as a tight end has hands and can get open -- hernandez and gronk would go ahead of him, but not by much.

mario, kyle williams and yes, even dareus would go in the middle of the pack for d linemen.

gilmore would go early as a corner, especially because he's young and has held his own as a rookie, hes only going to get better. plus he's physical as hell, and isnt afraid to play the run, something that you dont always see with pretty boy corners who love the media and like to have white pants when the game is over *cough* revis island *cough*

jairus byrd is one of the best safeties in the league, the guy is a ball hawk and has won afc defensive player of the week multiple times.

mckelvin can take ANY kick to the house, he is one of the best special teams players in the game.

our punter is a rookie, but gets better week to week, he was sticking them inside the 5 all day long against the colts. he had a bad shank against the titans in his first game--oh well--rookies make mistakes. i've long since forgotten moorman.

really, our linebackers, second wide out, and freaking QUARTERBACK are all that sucks on this team.

unfortunately, without a quarterback, you cant do much in this league.

this is a bad thread, no offense, but the bills are loaded with talent. thats what makes watching this team so frustrating. we're THIS close to being a powerhouse team in the league, just need someone to get the ball to our talent. hopefully next year.

are you kidding me?

spiller and jackson would be taken ahead of most every running back in the league, and we have them BOTH.

levitre, wood, and glenn are top oline players, and are YOUNG. theyre only going to get better, and all would be taken very early in a draft.

stevie is a solid wideout, maybe not all world, but after guys like megatron are off the board, hes going to be someone you draft. he's a technical route runner, and can find ways to get open. gms around the league know how bad fitz is. the fact that stevie is as good as he is, shows you how great he actually is (if that makes sense.)

chandler as a tight end has hands and can get open -- hernandez and gronk would go ahead of him, but not by much.

mario, kyle williams and yes, even dareus would go in the middle of the pack for d linemen.

gilmore would go early as a corner, especially because he's young and has held his own as a rookie, hes only going to get better. plus he's physical as hell, and isnt afraid to play the run, something that you dont always see with pretty boy corners who love the media and like to have white pants when the game is over *cough* revis island *cough*

jairus byrd is one of the best safeties in the league, the guy is a ball hawk and has won afc defensive player of the week multiple times.

mckelvin can take ANY kick to the house, he is one of the best special teams players in the game.

our punter is a rookie, but gets better week to week, he was sticking them inside the 5 all day long against the colts. he had a bad shank against the titans in his first game--oh well--rookies make mistakes. i've long since forgotten moorman.

really, our linebackers, second wide out, and freaking QUARTERBACK are all that sucks on this team.

unfortunately, without a quarterback, you cant do much in this league.

this is a bad thread, no offense, but the bills are loaded with talent. thats what makes watching this team so frustrating. we're THIS close to being a powerhouse team in the league, just need someone to get the ball to our talent. hopefully next year.

I cant tell if you're joking in this post...

Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Lesean McCoy, Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, Doug Martin.. All guys that would get drafted ahead of Spiller or Jackson.

Gronk and Hernandez would barley go ahead of Chandler??? There are 20 TEs that would get drafted ahead of Chandler.

Just the fact that you mention McKelvin makes me think that you're being sarcastic. Either you don't get the premise of this thread or you are an huge homer.

I actually like this idea and think you make a good point. I'd say probably 10 QBs would go in the first round and then the elite players at other positions until you finally get to Mario, Levitre or Spiller. I couldn't see any of those guys going before round 3 though. A good way to check this out would be to simulate a madden fantasy draft and see where all the bills players come off the board.

Edited by Billsrhody

Well Im asuming somebody would want to be in the superbowl the following season so yeah Im definetly going Aaron Rogers. In runningbacks exactly where does CJ rate against guys like Foster, AP, Ray Rice, McCoy, Doug Martin, etc. There would be a first round run at Qb, Rogers, Brady, Brees, RGIII, Luck, Ryan, Eli, Big Ben, etc. First rounders would include Megatron, Julio, Roddy, Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Gronk, Jimmy Williams, Aldon, Willis, Watt, Atkins, Pierre-Paul, Revis, etc, dont think Id take a Bill till round 2 or 3 and that would probably be CJ.

Edited by billsfan714

I actually like this idea and think you make a good point. I'd say probably 10 QBs would go in the first round and then the elite players at other positions until you finally get to Mario, Levitre or Spiller. I couldn't see any of those guys going before round 3 though. A good way to check this out would be to simulate a madden fantasy draft and see where all the bills players come off the board.

Ya, I was thinking this could be worked out in Madden, but I don't think the AI would accurately reflect what real GMs would do.

WTF? Where is this going? What a flippin waste of bandwidth.

Move along, thread crapper

I cant tell if you're joking in this post...

Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Lesean McCoy, Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, Doug Martin.. All guys that would get drafted ahead of Spiller or Jackson.

Ahead of Jackson yes easily. As for Spiller. Only 2 players have more yards from scrimmage then Spiller since week 11 of last year. Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson.

Personally I would take Peterson/Foster/Rice over Spiller. Mccoy is a tossup. I'd take Spiller over the rest.

Ahead of Jackson yes easily. As for Spiller. Only 2 players have more yards from scrimmage then Spiller since week 11 of last year. Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson.

Personally I would take Peterson/Foster/Rice over Spiller. Mccoy is a tossup. I'd take Spiller over the rest.

At first I dismissed your suggestion, but having thought it over, you might be right. But I think a lot of people would wait on an RB, kinda to figure quite where Spiller would be ranked.

At first I dismissed your suggestion, but having thought it over, you might be right. But I think a lot of people would wait on an RB, kinda to figure quite where Spiller would be ranked.

You're both correct, Spiller would go around there but RB's are dime a dozen after you get past the elite and even the most average of RB's will perform with the correct blocking and play calling.

Very thought provoking thread... I think the Bills would be able to do it, if other teams are drafting to build a franchise and we're drafting to build the same team we had then I think we have the advantage, we might not be able to get Fred and CJ though

Edited by LABillsBacker24