Gailey- Fitz is the guy for us- full quote in first post

theesir

What do you expect him to say? Cut his QB off at the knees in the middle of the season? How does that help? I doubt any of us has any idea what he really thinks. He is playing with cards he is dealt. Fitz is the best and only option on the roster for now.

Yeah now not the future.

and if you read a few post down you would have seen what he should have said.

For all those asking "What is he supposed to say?", the answer is either:

1) NOTHING. or

2) since our QB !@#$ing loses us games, maybe let the fan base know "we are looking at all options." I understand we don't have a ton of current options but say SOMETHING other than he is your guy for the FUTURE!!?!?

!@#$ us.

Well said

fix the other pieces....like getting him #2 actual NFL receiver I've seen teams with 3 even 4 nfl caliber wideouts and an athletic tight end. We have Stevie and then the bottom falls out. Why is it so hard to understand we are not their (playoffs) as a roster yet ? Switch the QB ya switch the QB ....gonna take a step back before taking two forward in 2013. As far as he loses us games...pa lease child. Are you 12 years old - blame the quarterback, I can remember when fans were calling for Reich to start over Kelly. Does anyone really thinkj if we had the best qb in the league we are any better than 5-6.

yes, have you seen Andrew Luck?

Your support of Fitz is reaching epic proportions of trolling.

We could do a lot worse than Fitz. Remember when Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert were ready to light the league on fire?

Just because you draft a QB doesnt guareentee success.

not trying guarantees failure.

If I win the Powerball tonight, I'm buying a majority share in the Buffalo Bills and firing him and ending once and for all this Fitzpatrick experiment. :P

How stupid can you be??!?! He didn't have to say THAT to support Fitzpatrick... it hows his ignorance.

We will all support you!

Even if they do draft a QB, he'll sit the bench behind Fitz or TJ cuz Chan's offense is too complicated and Chan won't play him. He'll baby the new guy and keep saying he's not ready.

at least we will have hope.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what he should have said was...

Fitz can play better and we are working hard at getting him better.

That's what Chan should have said. Fitz is way overdue for some harsh comments from his Coach. Not this kiss Fitz ass approach just to save his job.

I guess we have to wait until Chan and Buddy have the talk with Ralph at his house in Detroit to see if anythang new goes down.

Or how about leaving it "in the family" so to speak? As a Head coach, maybe he should be concerned with setting a winning tone and holding the team accountable. Defending the starting QB should be the OC's or QB coach's job ... oh wait. Instead of digging a foxhole, he needs to be charging ahead and leading the team out of the ****. His weekly "I know it's my responsibility" comment is starting to sound like a guy that is continually amazed after each game that he is still the head coach. Of course, it's your responsibility Chan. Get over that and surround yourself with competent people.

If there is a stud QB in the first round, they will take him. If not, they won't and Fitz will be our guy. That is the reality of the situation.

Or second, third, fourth or fifth rounds. Anyone drafted has a shot to take the reigns sometime next year. Hopefully we don't wait until the 6th or 7th round to do so. Fitz needs to be replaced if we're going to succeed.

Or how about leaving it "in the family" so to speak? As a Head coach, maybe he should be concerned with setting a winning tone and holding the team accountable. Defending the starting QB should be the OC's or QB coach's job ... oh wait. Instead of digging a foxhole, he needs to be charging ahead and leading the team out of the ****. His weekly "I know it's my responsibility" comment is starting to sound like a guy that is continually amazed after each game that he is still the head coach. Of course, it's your responsibility Chan. Get over that and surround yourself with competent people.

Problem is that Chan has proven conclusively that he cannot do any of that, whatever the reason.

So he needs to go IMO.

How about getting a QB that can make all the throws instead of one that you think you can work with.

Chan maybe ought to think about just being head coach. Let Modkins call the plas maybe he might actually use Spiller and let Fitz call some plays in a row from the no- huddle. Maybe use Brad Smith on 3rd and short with Fred and CJ in the backfield.

But your right I think maybe he should worry about the game situations more.

I posted this elsewhere, but said it somewhat different. A "stud" QB isn't going to solve anything. As long as Gailey is calling in the plays from the sideline and the QB isn't allowed to audible to change them, we're going to see the same result. As long as you give one of the best runners in the NFL only 10-15 carries a game (Spiller) in favor of throwing the ball 40 times, we're going to see the same result. It's easy to blame the player, but sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the real problem.

This. I think if we were operating a run-heavy offense that Fitz had to manage and make high percentage throws, backed by a stout D a la 9ers, he could potentially follow the Alex Smith career path of improvement.

It's very strange to me. Game 2 against KC, Gailey came out with a power run game. Corey Mac, 2 TE, it wasn't pretty but it ground it out. We haven't seen that since. Even GB has a power run game they can pull out of their a** at need. Where is ours?

I actually agree that we should stick with fitz. I think he needs more time in this offense to develope some continuity. I think the deep ball will be something he'll develope in his later years of his contract. Deep ball is something you can teach with some help from our mechanics QB coach and the fact he doesn't have it right now and everyone is on his throat about it, let's not keep changing everything just as we're getting comfortable with the scheme. I think we should focus on changing the routine so that he isn't always forced to make throws at crucial points in the game, it's not the QB's job to win the game everytime or make crucial throws when we're losing. He's smart so he's going to be able to really get the x's and o's as his carreer develops. he's had only 2 years of this system as a starter. The 3rd year is going to be his breakout year not the second. Unless he just completely bombs out this year or coaching changes happen I am behind him for next year and until his contract runs out and we've paid him the full amount. I think we should give Gailey and Wanny an extension as they are actually better than anything we've had in the last 3 years. Everyone forgets about what we had for offense before Gailey. We had 0 screen , the most readable offense imaginable and no run game. For defense even though the numbers look the same as to where we are in the league they're making stops. I do think the team is out of sync right now and not playing to their ability and that we do need to blitz on third down more than we are but I have a belief that we can still make the playoffs. They need to win out but this is a team that can do it. I still BILLIEVE.