Bills ponder move at nickel

Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see that everytime a team needed to complete a 3rd down pass, they would target Justin Rogers. What took the Bills coaching staff so long to notice this? He's turrible(in my Charles Barkley voice).

because you can only upgrade so many positions, and have to hope that some guys grow into others.

But read a little deeper. The Jags bread & butter receivers are on the outside, so says Chris Brown. They don't offer much from the slot, so says Chris Brown. OK, well sit back & watch Sunday. Mularkey will concoct a scheme that puts some no name in the slot and he will procede to tear the Bills secondary to shreds this week.

But read a little deeper. The Jags bread & butter receivers are on the outside, so says Chris Brown. They don't offer much from the slot, so says Chris Brown. OK, well sit back & watch Sunday. Mularkey will concoct a scheme that puts some no name in the slot and he will procede to tear the Bills secondary to shreds this week.

Don't worry - we'll adjust at halftime. Oh, wait...

Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see that everytime a team needed to complete a 3rd down pass, they would target Justin Rogers. What took the Bills coaching staff so long to notice this? He's turrible(in my Charles Barkley voice).

I think they planned on using brooks along, but he got hurt and roger was the only one left. In preseason it seemed Brooks was the best corner on the team. One of the draft "experts" had said that although Brooks was a backup in college, we was a backup to two top ten picks, claybourn and not sure who the other was, and that being a backup at LSU means your still a better corner then most of the starters out there. The one knock on him was that he can't catch, i remember im dropping a few balls in the preseason. I think they activated him 2 weeks ago, but how effective would he be this late in his rookie season. i would not be surprised to see him start next year.

McKelvin has actually played pretty good at corner once he moved outside. If he can carry that over to the inside with brooks, who I have high hopes for, and Gilmore outside we could have a formidable secondary. Start the shift of Williams to safety too to see if be can eventually replace George Wilson who I think will be our lone weak spot

One of the draft "experts" had said that although Brooks was a backup in college, we was a backup to two top ten picks, claybourn and not sure who the other was, and that being a backup at LSU means your still a better corner then most of the starters out there.

Huh??? lol

That draft expert must have been Buddy Nix.

I think it's more likely that the Jags move Blackmon and/or Shorts into the slot and he/they tear it up. Opponents have been putting their #1 guys in the slot and killing us all year. All of Fitzgerald's damage was from the slot, most of Andre Johnson's success was from the slot, ditto Reggie Wayne.