NFL Draft Success

peterpan

OK so I checked the mock-draft sights today and noticed some this guys past drafts. I went through and was stunned at how well he had done. I wish we hired this guy rather than Marv and Dick back in 2008! Below are his results

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/DreamDraft/Dream-Draft.php

***I realize their may be some revisionist history because it appears that he didn’t publish these lists until the end of the preseason, however I remember reading through these right after the draft, in years past.

1-DRC – Solid Starting CB

2- DeSean Jackson – Pro Bowl WR.

3- DaJuan Morgan – S, out of league after 3 years

4- Tashard Choice – Solid Back Up RB

5- Carl Nicks – Pro Bowl G

6- Donal Thomas – Reserve G for NE, Has 25 starts in the last 3 seasons

7- Peyton Hillis – Former PB caliber RB/FB

UD- Erin Henderson – Starting OLB for Minn.

1. Michael Oher – Starting LT for Balt. Has he made a pro bowl? I’m not sure.
  2. LeSean McCoy – Pro Bowl RB for the Eagles
  3. Jared Cook – Starting TE for Tenn
  4. Lawrency Sidbury – Reserve DE for ATL, a nobody
  5. Jamon Merideth – Starting G for Tampa after bouncing around the league.
  6. Coye Francies – CB, Special Teams player for Oakland
  7. Sammie Stroughter – WR, a nobody on the Bucs

UD- Dannell Ellerde – ILB for Balt, plays a good number of plays, 11 career starts

1. Dez Bryant – Pro Bowl WR for the Cows
  2. Jimmy Clausen – Backup
  3. JD Walton – C, 3 year starter for the Broncos (he also says he was torn between this guy and Jimmy Graham, I find this important bc Graham was the last guy taken in the 3rd round after a slew of other compensation picks, so there is a good chance this guy would have had a chance at Graham later in the third if he had a compensatory pick)
  4. O’Brien Schofield – Starting OLB for Ariz
  5. Reshad Jones- Starting FS for Miami
  6. Trindon Holliday – KR/WR for Denver
  7. Selvish Capers- Practice Square T for the Gmen

UD- LeGarrette Blount – Former stud RB who is now a backup for TB.

1. Prince Amukamara – Starting CB for the Gmen
  2. Da’Quan Bowers – Backup DE for TB, coming back from two injuries
  3. Mason Foster – Starting ILB for TB
  4. Julius Thomas- A nobody TE for the Broncos
  5. Jeremy Kerley – slot WR for the Jets, currently having a breakout yr…with Sancheze at QB.
  6. Jerrell Powe – Backup NG for KC
  7. Lee Zimba – T on the Panthers PS

UD- Mark Herzlich – Backup ILB for the Giants, has looked good recently when he go a chance to start.

2012- no real reason to go over it yet, but his one Undrafted Pick is worth noting. Vontaze Burfict, who earned a starting job for Cincy, and is playing like a pro bowler at OLB.

In conclusion that is 2 PB wrs, a PB running back, a very good slot WR, a couple backup RB studs (relative term), A PB guard, a good-to-great LT and C, another G capable of starting, A solid young TE(and maybe Jimmy Graham, who knows), four solid starting LBs, two solid starting CBs, a starting FS, a young DE that could become a stud when healthy, and great depth along the OL, LB Core, WITH ONLY ONE GUY WHO IS OUT OF THE LEAGUE! INCLUDEING THE UNDERAFTED PLAYERS!!! Add in his 2012 draft and its even more complete.

OK so I checked the mock-draft sights today and noticed some this guys past drafts. I went through and was stunned at how well he had done. I wish we hired this guy rather than Marv and Dick back in 2008! Below are his results

http://www.draftcoun...Dream-Draft.php

***I realize their may be some revisionist history because it appears that he didn’t publish these lists until the end of the preseason, however I remember reading through these right after the draft, in years past.

1-DRC – Solid Starting CB

2- DeSean Jackson – Pro Bowl WR.

3- DaJuan Morgan – S, out of league after 3 years

4- Tashard Choice – Solid Back Up RB

5- Carl Nicks – Pro Bowl G

6- Donal Thomas – Reserve G for NE, Has 25 starts in the last 3 seasons

7- Peyton Hillis – Former PB caliber RB/FB

UD- Erin Henderson – Starting OLB for Minn.

1. Michael Oher – Starting LT for Balt. Has he made a pro bowl? I’m not sure.

2. LeSean McCoy – Pro Bowl RB for the Eagles

3. Jared Cook – Starting TE for Tenn

4. Lawrency Sidbury – Reserve DE for ATL, a nobody

5. Jamon Merideth – Starting G for Tampa after bouncing around the league.

6. Coye Francies – CB, Special Teams player for Oakland

7. Sammie Stroughter – WR, a nobody on the Bucs

UD- Dannell Ellerde – ILB for Balt, plays a good number of plays, 11 career starts

1. Dez Bryant – Pro Bowl WR for the Cows

2. Jimmy Clausen – Backup

3. JD Walton – C, 3 year starter for the Broncos (he also says he was torn between this guy and Jimmy Graham, I find this important bc Graham was the last guy taken in the 3rd round after a slew of other compensation picks, so there is a good chance this guy would have had a chance at Graham later in the third if he had a compensatory pick)

4. O’Brien Schofield – Starting OLB for Ariz

5. Reshad Jones- Starting FS for Miami

6. Trindon Holliday – KR/WR for Denver

7. Selvish Capers- Practice Square T for the Gmen

UD- LeGarrette Blount – Former stud RB who is now a backup for TB.

1. Prince Amukamara – Starting CB for the Gmen

2. Da’Quan Bowers – Backup DE for TB, coming back from two injuries

3. Mason Foster – Starting ILB for TB

4. Julius Thomas- A nobody TE for the Broncos

5. Jeremy Kerley – slot WR for the Jets, currently having a breakout yr…with Sancheze at QB.

6. Jerrell Powe – Backup NG for KC

7. Lee Zimba – T on the Panthers PS

UD- Mark Herzlich – Backup ILB for the Giants, has looked good recently when he go a chance to start.

2012- no real reason to go over it yet, but his one Undrafted Pick is worth noting. Vontaze Burfict, who earned a starting job for Cincy, and is playing like a pro bowler at OLB.

In conclusion that is 2 PB wrs, a PB running back, a very good slot WR, a couple backup RB studs (relative term), A PB guard, a good-to-great LT and C, another G capable of starting, A solid young TE(and maybe Jimmy Graham, who knows), four solid starting LBs, two solid starting CBs, a starting FS, a young DE that could become a stud when healthy, and great depth along the OL, LB Core, WITH ONLY ONE GUY WHO IS OUT OF THE LEAGUE! INCLUDEING THE UNDERAFTED PLAYERS!!! Add in his 2012 draft and its even more complete.

To critique his list:

In 2009, Lawrence Sidbury is still with Atlanta and he is a decent depth player. With the release of Ray Edwards, there's a chance that Sidbury will get a chance to show his wares. And the Bills drafted Shawn Nelson instead of Sidbury (I was fairly upset by this) so he'd still be a better pick than what our "consensus GM" picked in that draft.

Jamon Meredith was with the Bills and failed to make the grade. He and Oher are pretty much a moot point right now. And no, Oher has not made a Pro Bowl.

As for 2010, Dez Bryant has not made the Pro Bowl, at least not as a wide receiver. We were MUCH better off taking Spiller. Bryant has been a bust up until this past week when injuries to Cleveland's top 3 CBs and being booed by the home fans finally enabled him to put up good numbers.

Jimmy Clausen is a bust.

In 2011, Prince Amukamura has been a bust and has only gotten playing time due to a mass of injuries at CB. He could still prove to be a good player but so far he's been a huge disappointment.

Bowers had some injury concerns in college and those concerns have followed him to the NFL.

I badly wanted the Bills to draft Mason Foster. In the last several years, my favorite linebackers were he and Lavonte David. Both of them are now starting in Tampa Bay, David as a rookie.

I would have to say that I'm not too impressed by this guy's list.

To critique his list:

In 2009, Lawrence Sidbury is still with Atlanta and he is a decent depth player. With the release of Ray Edwards, there's a chance that Sidbury will get a chance to show his wares. And the Bills drafted Shawn Nelson instead of Sidbury (I was fairly upset by this) so he'd still be a better pick than what our "consensus GM" picked in that draft.

Jamon Meredith was with the Bills and failed to make the grade. He and Oher are pretty much a moot point right now. And no, Oher has not made a Pro Bowl.

As for 2010, Dez Bryant has not made the Pro Bowl, at least not as a wide receiver. We were MUCH better off taking Spiller. Bryant has been a bust up until this past week when injuries to Cleveland's top 3 CBs and being booed by the home fans finally enabled him to put up good numbers.

Jimmy Clausen is a bust.

In 2011, Prince Amukamura has been a bust and has only gotten playing time due to a mass of injuries at CB. He could still prove to be a good player but so far he's been a huge disappointment.

Bowers had some injury concerns in college and those concerns have followed him to the NFL.

I badly wanted the Bills to draft Mason Foster. In the last several years, my favorite linebackers were he and Lavonte David. Both of them are now starting in Tampa Bay, David as a rookie.

In what world is Dez Bryant a Bust? He is one of the best WRs in the league dude.

I know people dont like Clausen and neither do I personally, but you can't call a guy with only a few starts a bust. That would be like calling Brady a bust because he didnt surplant Bledsoe sooner or something.

Let me remind you that this dudes 2008 draft had three pro bowlers in it, thats three times more pro bowlers than the Bills have drafted since 2008 (Bryd)

In what world is Dez Bryant a Bust? He is one of the best WRs in the league dude.

I know people dont like Clausen and neither do I personally, but you can't call a guy with only a few starts a bust. That would be like calling Brady a bust because he didnt surplant Bledsoe sooner or something.

Let me remind you that this dudes 2008 draft had three pro bowlers in it, thats three times more pro bowlers than the Bills have drafted since 2008 (Bryd)

I consider Dez Bryant to be a bust so far because of his so-so play (he has not made a Pro Bowl in spite of your claim to the contrary) and because of his numerous off-the-field issues including stealing $860,000 from a jeweler, beating up his Mom, and being banned from a shopping mall.

Yes, he's a very talented player and in fact some draft experts considered him the best player in the 2010 draft but he's yet to make good on that talent.

Are you aware that the Cowboys placed a curfew on Bryant this season and that he has a 24-hour, around-the-clock security detail babysitting him? The Cowboys did this because he was sliding into oblivion and they felt they needed to protect their investment.

So you would rather have had the Bills draft him than CJ Spiller?

As for Jimmy Clausen, he was a 2nd rounder taken in 2010. He's Carolina's third string QB. You don't consider that a bust?

This guy has "drafted" 3 Pro Bowlers in 5 drafts?

Color me unimpressed. I've "drafted" better than that.

No, he drafted three pro bowlers in one draft.

And if being a d*ck makes you a bust in your book I guess you grade football players different than I do. I tend to do it on how good they are at football. Like Lynch, he is not a bust. He is a Pro Bowl running back any way you cut it.

You must have the highest standrads in the world for this not to be a great record. He drafted an entire offense, short a QB, and an entire LB core and D Backfield in 5 drafts with unarguable superstars and great depth at multiple positions. Thats better than half the teams in the NFL, likely much more than half.

I've seen and read your posts, you haven't drafted better than this guy, not even close.

Edited by peterpan

No, he drafted three pro bowlers in one draft.

And if being a d*ck makes you a bust in your book I guess you grade football players different than I do. I tend to do it on how good they are at football. Like Lynch, he is not a bust. He is a Pro Bowl running back any way you cut it.

You must have the highest standrads in the world for this not to be a great record. He drafted an entire offense, short a QB, and an entire LB core and D Backfield in 5 drafts with unarguable superstars and great depth at multiple positions. Thats better than half the teams in the NFL, likely much more than half.

I've seen and read your posts, you haven't drafted better than this guy, not even close.

Do you think Buffalo fans or anyone other than Jerry Jones would tolerate a guy who beat up his Mom, stiffed a jeweler for $860K, was banned from a shopping mall, and requires a 24-hour security detail to babysit?

You brought up Marshawn Lynch? He was run out of town for much less.

As I said already, Bryant is an elite talent and really he should arguably already the best receiver in the NFL. He's just lucky he was drafted by Jerry Jones.

And again, he's not a Pro Bowler, at least not yet.

Finally, "you've read my posts and I haven't drafted better than this guy?"

Who have I drafted?

To be fair, Dez Bryant just caught 12 passes for 145 yards and a TD.

It was against the Cleveland Browns, so yes, there will be an asterisk. *

Their top three corners either missed the game or were injured during. Haden didn't play. Skrines and Sheldon Brown were injured. I believe Dimitri Patterson was also injured so actually that's their top four cornerbacks.

If you watch the game, Miles Austin also had a good game and Witten was virtually ignored as Romo went to his wideouts.

Also, Bryant admitted that being booed by the hometown fans hurt him and lit a fire under him.

Maybe the light will finally go on for the guy?

Marv had two drafts and picked 2 pro bowlers. K Williams and M Lynch. I'm sure if we could get a pro bowler each draft we'd be pretty happy.

Not if the other 6-8 guys end up being terrible players. I'd take 5-6 solid starters over one pro bowler. Except if that pro bowler is a QB.

To critique his list:

Jimmy Clausen is a bust.

I Was beating the mason Foster drum pretty hard. No brainer over Shep imo.

If SJBF and I ran the Bills draft the last decade the Bills would be in much better shape.

Prince was injured most of last year I don't think you can hang a bust label on him yet.

Would you rather have, say, Patrick Willis and a below-average offensive line, or Kelvin Sheppard and our above-average offensive line? I'm not sure.

Great question.

MLB/ILB is typically a position where you don't find difference makers.

Is Willis better than anyone we have? By a long shot. But has is surrounded by very talented defensive players plus I remember how ordinary an in-his-prime Ray Lewis looked after the Ravens lost Sam Adams and Tony Siragusa. Jerod Mayo looks like a great player but he has Vince Wilfork (difference maker) playing in front of him.

I can't answer your question but if they were the same age, I'd rather have Vince Wilfork than Patrick Willis.

All linebackers (including Poz and London Fletcher) look much better when they can run freely to the ball.

Not if the other 6-8 guys end up being terrible players. I'd take 5-6 solid starters over one pro bowler. Except if that pro bowler is a QB.

Thats why I found it so impressive, not because of the probowlers, but because only one player is out of the league, and the number of quality starters is staggering.

Would you rather have, say, Patrick Willis and a below-average offensive line, or Kelvin Sheppard and our above-average offensive line? I'm not sure.

What is going to shock you is how bad that so called "above average offensive line" looks with someone other then Fitz throwing. That line can't even get 2 yards running on 3rd and short against any team.

I'd give my left nut for Patrick Willis :cry:

Although I wouldn't trade any of my body parts for a singular player. I sure would take him over any current Bills player, save Kyle Williams.

What is going to shock you is how bad that so called "above average offensive line" looks with someone other then Fitz throwing. That line can't even get 2 yards running on 3rd and short against any team.

Although I wouldn't trade any of my body parts for a singular player. I sure would take him over any current Bills player, save Kyle Williams.

Who do you think is the weak point on the offensive line? I think the reason we can't get 2 yards on third and short is that a) we run a poorly-designed wildcat play, b) we have Spiller hesitate, or c) we run Tashard Choice. I don't understand why our third RB isn't a battering ram or prospect.