Oh those wacky NY Jets

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Always entertaining...

http://nfl.si.com/2012/11/18/bart-scott-attempts-to-lead-teammates-in-media-boycott-after-jets-win/

After his team completed an impressive 27-13 victory in St. Louis, Jets linebacker Bart Scott — peeved by a New York Daily News report earlier in the week that cited anonymous Jets players ripping Tim Tebow — tried to organize a media boycott in the postgame locker room.

I would be willing to bet the "anonymous source" about Tebow was completely made-up.

I'm a journalism major and I worked as a newspaper reporter for 5 years. That type of garbage doesn't fly with real journalists. The New York media has been itching for a Tebow story for months, and for the most part the Jets haven't cooperated.

It was only a matter of time before the media took matters into their own hands.

Edited by mjt328

The Dallas Cowboys and the NY Jets.

2 teams that are less interesting than the Bills...just in terms of sheer talent, personality, wow factor and even Barbara Walters factor(the Fred Jackson Story :lol: Blah, blah...blah...blah), and boy weren't we supposed to be good? Isn't that a story?

In the good old days, the media would be trying to start a fight between Spiller and Jackson, because it's "interesting".

Instead, "interesting" is done. ESPN, etc has decided to take over local coverage of certain cities, for reasons passing understanding. Therefore, a non-QB who gets on the field 2 plays, who is anything but "interesting" at this point, is more "interesting" than Spiller. :blink::lol:

Therefore, when the same mediocre Cowboys QB plays the same way he has for years, it's a...headline :blink:. And, then, they have the gall to say "the Bills haven't been relevant"? The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 15 damn years. If they do: nothing, again, will that be relevant, and therefore, "news"?

I'm a journalism major and I worked as a newspaper reporter for 5 years.

There's a journalist in this thread, so I will ask: If this was on the level, wouldn't the real headline for a real news story be "Romo doesn't do the exact same crap for the last 6 years"? Do they think anybody, even a serious Cowboy fan, is thinking, "boy, I can't wait to find out how things are going to go with Romo?"

Meanwhile we have the Jets. :lol: That franchise is headed straight back to the toilet, where they have dwelt for almost all of their history. The Jets beat the Rams! Best Sanchez game all Year! Top Headline at ESPN!

The funny part is: they actually think that they are getting over with this. Or, they just don't care. Either way, they are forgetting the other half of "telling a lot of people what they want to hear = $$$". That is: "telling a lot of people what they don't wan to hear '= $$$"

The other part: Hearing "The Jets suck--in depth, all day, all the time", and, "Let's get deep into the details of the suck, let's spend 2 full segments of NFL Live talking about how badly the Jets Suck"...isn't going to make you any friends in the major media markets you've targeted. Besides, they already have that: it's called sports radio and message boards.

It will however make Bills fans giggle: "Yes, Mort, please devote more time to Jets Suck..."

When the ass falls out of this thing, we will all get a good :lol: out of it. You can already see it happening with this new NFL 32 thing. That's the :o response to fans calling them out on this nonsense. But, on the last day of ESPN New York, of course, it will be our fault. The fans: and their terrible, child-like attention spans...just couldn't stay focused on the suck that is the Jets, or Cowboys.

Imagine the wonder: us refusing to continuously attend to what amounts to a pair of turds circling the toilet. Yeah...it's our fault for not wanting to pay attention to that.