Does beating Dolphins mean anything anymore?

cage

Beating the Fish is still important, but I think the Pats have risen to the Bills public enemy#1. I used to root for whoever was playing Miami, including NE and the NYJ. Now I root for the Fish to beat either of those two teams, especially to see Rex Ryan and BB sulk over why they deserved to win but didn't. Of course, If the Bills and Fish get the equivalents of Levy-Shula, Kelly-Marino, Clayton-Reed, Taylor-Smith, it'll be like the old "tear down the goal post" days.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we were OH-for the 70's, yes it would have been a big deal.

Now 40+ later, not so much!

BUF has changed, the NFL has changed, MIA certainly has changed in 40 years, so now compared to a New England game, MIA is just another annoyance. A Must Win annoyance, but an annoyance none the less!

Does Miami playing good D matter at all? We act like when a play doesn't work it's all on us. It's never the other team making a play. That Tannehill TD pass was an example of a pass that is almost impossible to defend. But folks here will still call it a coverage breakdown. Also it's not an adjustment so much when the D figures out you are going to run CJ Spiller a lot and start keying on him.

But you know what? Chan will never do the right thing in our eyes because we will always think we know better. Go for the jugular? Should play it safe. Play it safe? Should be more aggressive. Give the ball to CJ more? We're giving the ball to him too much.

PTR

That's a very good point PTR. I dont know what will happen vs Colts. But I do know cj will pound some crazy yards vs jags the following game.

That's been my biggest frustration with him, and it's why I have come to the conclusion that Chan is not very smart. How many times has he relied on someone other than one of our stars in the most crucial situations? Brad Smith comes in and throws a long pass into endzone traffic when we can just run the clock and secure a win? Calling TJ Graham's number on a potential game wiinning drive when this guy apparently wasn't able to see the field earlier in the season because he wasn't "picking up the offense"? Keeping Spiller on the sidelines while we're in the red zone threatening against Miami? ENOUGH already! We finally have a couple of legit stars on offense, but Chan continually insists on thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

Hell, as I said in the shout box last night, it's been obvious to everyone but Chan for WEEKS that CJ needed to be given more opportunities. So why does it take until we're 3-6, with our season already pretty much lost, and Fred Jackson to be injured that Chan finally gives CJ a bigger role? Clearly it's only because he had to! lol Why the hell couldn't he come to this conclusion on his own prior to yesterday? Against a solid Miami D Spiller carried the load and allowed us to win a game where the offense didn't break the plane of the goal line one single time.

I have been calling for cj to be starter since week 2. Fj makes a great compliment to Cj. Not choice.

I don't know if you were a fan "back in the day", but this is an argument that you'll never win. There were fans during the Super Bowl years who complained constantly because they were "only" going to the playoffs every year, and never won the Super Bowl. I would be at games and fans would be complaining that they weren't winning by a big enough margin. The only difference between then and now is that there was no significant internet, so no message boards.

There was even if you were not connected enough to be on them. Some of the archives have the old newsgroups from those days and there was then as there is now fans who will NEVER be happy when we win but appear from posts to be happier when we lose since they can say "See what I posted before!" but never want to talk about all the bull they posted before which was wrong just like the NFL analysts who will conveniently forget their guaranteed predictions.

Being An Old school Fan Divisional games mean more than just a win to me I want Blood, I want somebody carried of the field of the other team I don't care if its the Kicker & if We Lose Oh **** I am even more pissed off

I hate The Dolphins, Patriots & the Jets with a passion if we only get 3 wins in season i want them against those teams & at home you have to protect your House

The Dolphins may be the historic rival of the Bills, but no other team in the division considers Buffalo their main rival. Ask Dolphins, Pats, and Jets fans and players who their main rival is now and the Bills finish last. Just another example of how irrelevant this team is in their division and the NFL this past decade.

Bills v Dolphins these days is like a chess club nerd getting into a fight with the pimply faced kid in band who plays the clarinet.

I laughed. I played sports but I was also an orchestra nerd. Wasn't in the chess club though. Smoking copious amounts of pot doesn't usually make one a good chess player.

On the subject, the hatred towards divisional opponents like some of you have already said, is somewhat generational and also has to do with the animosity directed towards the top dog, whichever team that happens to be. We've been the Cheatriots'*** bit ches for a long time now.

The hatred for me is very close between Miami and New England.

I laughed. I played sports but I was also an orchestra nerd. Wasn't in the chess club though. Smoking copious amounts of pot doesn't usually make one a good chess player.

On the subject, the hatred towards divisional opponents like some of you have already said, is somewhat generational and also has to do with the animosity directed towards the top dog, whichever team that happens to be. We've been the Cheatriots'*** bit ches for a long time now.

The hatred for me is very close between Miami and New England.

lol, yeah, I can see how pot might get in the way of that...it might make the pieces a helluva lot more interesting, though!

I"m envious of you guys who got some pot smokin' in back in high school. Nancy Reagan scared the sh*t out of everyone, so most of my friends wouldn't even consider it. I got in a tiny bit after I graduated, but since I could never do it now it would have been nice to have a few more memories.

lol, yeah, I can see how pot might get in the way of that...it might make the pieces a helluva lot more interesting, though!

I"m envious of you guys who got some pot smokin' in back in high school. Nancy Reagan scared the sh*t out of everyone, so most of my friends wouldn't even consider it. I got in a tiny bit after I graduated, but since I could never do it now it would have been nice to have a few more memories.

Actually I wish I hadn't smoked so much pot in high school and as far as the bolded, having smoked more wouldn't have necessarily translated into having more memories, if you know what I mean.

There is no time like the present.

By the way some of the people post on this board I think they're smoking something.