Should have never dumped Hollis

Before the game sunday, the media was praising lindells play for season, saying his percentage is close to a record..The guy was kicking field goals from inside the 40 all season long!!! YOU CAN GET ANY KICKER TO DO THAT...and if he's soo efficent and good..how come 90% of the time when our offense is around the opposing teams 34 or 35 yard lines we don't try for 3? we have more faith in our punter then we do our kicker..now im sorry that doesn't speak well of a kicker..I loved mike hollis after the minnesota game 3 seasons ago, where he knocked it from 54 YARDS !! to take the game into overtime..and its ashame TD didn't feel he was worth top kicker money..apparently he though lindell was and look at what's happening..LINDELL SUCKS UNDER PRESSURE..we need an ice cold kicker who can be cluch when needed..and if you can't hit a 28 yard field goal in your home stadium at any time..then you just suck..

I say bye bye rian

bring back mike !!!

I say bye bye rian

bring back mike !!!

191878[/snapback]

If you want to use 20/20 hindsight then you're better off suggesting we should have never cut Shayne Graham. As Graham has made 75% of his field goal attempts over 40 yards in his career and has an overall rate of 82.9%. That said Lindell alone can not be faulted for the loss Sunday. The defense, offense and return units can also be blamed for the lost. As Clements fumble in the early going hurt, Bledsoe's Int proved costly, as did Shaud Williams' inability to pick up a key first down on a 3rd and one, and the defense overall struggles in containing Vernon Hayes all contribited tothe loss as well as Lindell's missed field goal.

If you want to use 20/20 hindsight then you're better off suggesting we should have never cut Shayne Graham. As Graham has made 75% of his field goal attempts over 40 yards in his career and has an overall rate of 82.9%. That said Lindell alone can not be faulted for the loss Sunday. The defense, offense and return units can also be blamed for the lost. As Clements fumble in the early going hurt, Bledsoe's Int proved costly, as did Shaud Williams' inability to pick up a key first down on a 3rd and one, and the defense overall struggles in containing Vernon Hayes all contribited tothe loss as well as Lindell's missed field goal.

191886[/snapback]

Actually if we want to rely on hindsight (reinforced by the current record) we should have never cut Steve Christie, Sure he had big failings as he no longer had the leg for the long field goal or the deep kickoff. However, how is that any different than Lindell's performance except that Christie is ice-sold as seem by him going 4 for 4 (or was it even 5 for 5) in a recent game.

If we wanted short directional kicks from an overpaid player we should have kept Christie. One of TD\s stupidest comments was the claim that good kickers are a dime a dozen when he cut Christie. The one thing which makes me happy about Lindell's performance is that prior to his miss of the chipshot I doubted the Bills braintrust would admit another kicking error on Lindell but now I think we will take the deadspace to get someone better.

Is there even a remote possibility of signing Christie this offseason? How is his relationship with Donahoe? He is a free agent and has made a few fifty-yarders this season. . .It'd be great to see him in a Bills uniform again, as he is the team's all-time leading scorer. I'm just curious.

Is there even a remote possibility of signing Christie this offseason? How is his relationship with Donahoe? He is a free agent and has made a few fifty-yarders this season. . .It'd be great to see him in a Bills uniform again, as he is the team's all-time leading scorer. I'm just curious.

191946[/snapback]

Not a chance! In case you forgot, Christie left Buffalo one po'd ex-Bill. Don't remember all the specifics, but I think Christie pulled a muscle in his leg in the last pre-season game, or maybe it was the first game of the season. The Bills signed some hack to kick in his place, and after a few weeks, when Christie felt he was close to recovering, TD put him on IR, ending the possibility of him playing in the 2001 season, for the Bills. Christie went on some anti-TD rant, saying something to the effect of "this used to be a great organization to play for, but the new management has made it clear that they have no use for guys who have been here for a while".

Christie kind of rebounded this year with the Giants, but I hardly think he would be he answer at this point. IMO, TD's most blatant and obvious mistake as GM was letting Hollis go, because he wanted too much, and then over-paying and signing Lindell (who is mediocre at best) to a long term contract. There usually appears to be some sound reasoning behind TD's decisions, whether they turn out for the best or not, but his cavalier attitude toward place kickers is one of his stranger short-comings. A guy who seems to at least have a handle on everything, could be so careless with kickers...Hollis wasn't injured when TD let him go, and was the best kicker we have had since Christie was in his prime.

Hollis had a disc in his back that was going bad. He's never been able to resume his career, due to it.

I hope that position is upgraded for 2005 . Lindell barely made some of those short FG's and is wildly inconsistent. In addition, he couldn't kick off the ball deep in many games, which is baffling. He'd squib kick many 25-30 yards, which would be returned to the 40-50 yard line. That's terrible.

Hollis is out of football with the bad back. Christie had a one year contract with the Giants. I thought he was more po'd with the way Gregg-o handled things than TD but who knows. In any case, Christie on the down side of his career would still be an upgrade over our p.o.s. kicker

pathetic. the Pats Vinetari is so solid. The confidence they have in him just spreads to the entire Pats O. Its nice to know thata even if you drive just 30-40 yards, you may have a shot at 3.

we need a change here, especially for the cash Lindell costs us.

pathetic.  the Pats Vinetari is so solid.  The confidence they have in him just spreads to the entire Pats O. Its nice to know thata even if you drive just 30-40 yards, you may have a shot at 3.

we need a change here, especially for the cash Lindell costs us.

192249[/snapback]

Totally agree. I have to see Vinetari every week. I hate the guy, but he never freaking misses. Two superbowls, two game winning kicks. That gives the offense a ton of confidence knowing they have a shorter field and only have to get the ball inside the 40 yard line. As soon as Carolina's kicker booted that kick-off out of bounds, you knew that game was over, because the Pats only had to go like 40 yards.

I thought Janikowski was the drunk kicker. ;)  We could do well to pick him up, he could live in Dunkirk and drink at the Kosczuisko club for free.

Nice avatar, Steve.

192240[/snapback]

Janikowski is the drunk kicker

Vanderjact is the idiot kicker (as per Peyton)

Janikowski is the drunk kicker

Vanderjact is the idiot kicker (as per Peyton)

192285[/snapback]

Either way, a drunk or an idiot could kick a FG twice as long as the one that Lindell missed... correct? yeah... Rian sucks.

We should have known he sucked the minute we saw his first name was spelled with an I.

I thought Janikowski was the drunk kicker. ;)  We could do well to pick him up, he could live in Dunkirk and drink at the Kosczuisko club for free.

Nice avatar, Steve.

192240[/snapback]

Sea Bass is the drunk. Didn't he pierce his ball sack back in 2001? I rememeber Pats fans getting on him about it in that game where the zebras ruled Brady's fumble an incomplete pass.