Jerry Sullivan can go to hell

Dragonborn10

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz was pretty accurate all game, except for the last play. He hit most of his passes. The one the Donald Jones got hurt on was right on the money. On the interception, he was looking off the safety and then return right to fire the pass. Unfortunately, TJ ran behind the DB and was not able to get back on the ball. But if you have been following the Bills this year, you have to say that Fitz's had a good game. If Scott held on to the interception, that was a 6 points turn around. Then the Bills could win in with a last second FG. So if you want to criticize Fitz, fine! But be fair!

fitzpicksix is the 26th ranked QB in the league.....

thats not good enough...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

as far as sully goes.....guess the truth hurts....

Unless you go by the more traditional QB rating, then he's 15th. Ahh stats, where people can cherry pick whatever they want in order to back up their point.

The Bills have lost games while scoring 28, 28, 34, and 31. Fitz will never be elite and he'll always hover in the land of average but those numbers are certainly "good enough" if the D would ever show up to play.

Two turnovers are on Fitz.

It is a team game though, so he's not our only problem. He's just easy to ID.

Unless you go by the more traditional QB rating, then he's 15th. Ahh stats, where people can cherry pick whatever they want in order to back up their point.

The Bills have lost games while scoring 28, 28, 34, and 31. Fitz will never be elite and he'll always hover in the land of average but those numbers are certainly "good enough" if the D would ever show up to play.

15th isn't good enough to make up for the other shortcomings of this team. We need a top 5 QB, or less crappy talent at other positions, and less crappy coaching.

I am so tired of his columns and have been for years but today I am really pissed off. Maybe he should look in the mirror of mediocrity. He is writing for the Buffalo News not the Washington Post. He writes how Fitz plays the best game by a Bills QB ever at Gillette Stadium, how the defense drops two INT's, that Bardy threw underneath all day, how Spiller doesn't get enough carries, and lastly how Graham ran the worong route. But in the end it is all on Fitz. Total bush league journalism. He writes that Fitz plays his heart out and I suspect he thinks he is clever that he pins the loss all on Fitz in the end. It is one thing to be a homer but to just be a f-in ashole all the time is weak. He doesn't deserve a column covering one of 32 NFL franchises. He doesn't deserve to be the beat writer for WBNA team.

That's right, blame Jerry Sullivan for stating what was obvious to everyone watching the game, and for expressing the extreme frustration suffered at the hands of management and coaching who has been bumbling through the league for years. I'd MUCH rather have someone writing who tells it like it is than others who want to proclaim the Bills "up and coming" and fill Bills fans with false hope year after year.

Talk about WEAK!!!!!!! Face it, you want politicians to write about the Bills, not realists. In that case, OBD will keep right on doing what they are doing... LAME to blame the journalist! LAME!

Two turnovers are on Fitz.

It is a team game though, so he's not our only problem. He's just easy to ID.

15th isn't good enough to make up for the other shortcomings of this team. We need a top 5 QB, or less crappy talent at other positions, and less crappy coaching.

Agreed. Though I'm not even sure a top 5 guy could get this team into the playoffs the way the D plays.

this team has more holes than one draft can possibly fix....

fitz is NOT "good enough"........now if folks want to divert attention away from a mediocre fitz by correctly pointing out our defense sucks , go right ahead.

the fact remains that if fitz was replaced by an elite QB (insert name) it would have 10 times the impact of improving this team, than if you replaced any one defensive player on this team with an elite defender (insert name).

Um, I was given a warning for proposing where I would urinate once Jerry Sullivan was in the place where the OP invited him to go in the title of this post.

Now we got two pages on Jolly Jerry and where he can go.

I see the mods are slipping.

the fact remains that if fitz was replaced by an elite QB (insert name) it would have 10 times the impact of improving this team, than if you replaced any one defensive player on this team with an elite defender (insert name).

Nobody is debating that putting a top 5 guy on this team wouldn't improve things but where are you going to find a top 5 guy? It's easier to fix the entire D than it is to click your heels together and hope for a HoF type QB to fall in our lap on draft day. It doesn't mean you don't try to find that guy but to blame the QB because he's not top 5 is a bit much if you ask me.

Top 20 would be an improvement and I mean top 20 in winning PCT. I just read the column. Sullivan was right on. Shitz is mediocre at best and he has reached his ceiling. Sure, defense is lousy too but you know what? So is New England's.D.

I always hope Ralph reads Jerry. I used to be pretty positive about the Bills, but like Jerry, time has infuriated me with most things Bills. He's probably the only conduit to Ralph other than the smoke that his employes blow.

Keep stating the truth Jerry.

Um, I was given a warning for proposing where I would urinate once Jerry Sullivan was in the place where the OP invited him to go in the title of this post.

Now we got two pages on Jolly Jerry and where he can go.

I see the mods are slipping.

you haven't mastered the ability to tell someone where to go, so they look forward to the trip.....

Top 20 would be an improvement and I mean top 20 in winning PCT. I just read the column. Sullivan was right on. Shitz is mediocre at best and he has reached his ceiling. Sure, defense is lousy too but you know what? So is New England's.D.

And yeah, if the Bills had Tom Brady they'd be better and maybe contend for the playoffs. But those types of QBs come around 2-3 times a decade, you can't count on it or expect it. Hell, I'd like to have better QB play too, who wouldn't? That being said Fitz is far from the main culprit in this team's struggles. He's just an easy target for fans because his individual mistakes are magnified x1000 because he plays QB.

I swear if Bills fans actually sat down and watched other NFL games with the critical eye toward the QB position that they watch the Bills games with they wouldn't be happy with anybody not named Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers (and maybe Ryan.)

Put Schaub on the Bills and we're sitting in the same position. Same with guys like Cutler, A. Smith, and Flaco. But put them on teams with good D's and they are guys who can lead a team to home field advantage.

I am so tired of his columns and have been for years but today I am really pissed off. Maybe he should look in the mirror of mediocrity. He is writing for the Buffalo News not the Washington Post. He writes how Fitz plays the best game by a Bills QB ever at Gillette Stadium, how the defense drops two INT's, that Bardy threw underneath all day, how Spiller doesn't get enough carries, and lastly how Graham ran the worong route. But in the end it is all on Fitz. Total bush league journalism. He writes that Fitz plays his heart out and I suspect he thinks he is clever that he pins the loss all on Fitz in the end. It is one thing to be a homer but to just be a f-in ashole all the time is weak. He doesn't deserve a column covering one of 32 NFL franchises. He doesn't deserve to be the beat writer for WBNA team.

I love his columns, can't wait until Friday's. BTW Jerry says thanks for the free now weekly publicity and threads.

And yeah, if the Bills had Tom Brady they'd be better and maybe contend for the playoffs. But those types of QBs come around 2-3 times a decade, you can't count on it or expect it. Hell, I'd like to have better QB play too, who wouldn't? That being said Fitz is far from the main culprit in this team's struggles. He's just an easy target for fans because his individual mistakes are magnified x1000 because he plays QB.

I swear if Bills fans actually sat down and watched other NFL games with the critical eye toward the QB position that they watch the Bills games with they wouldn't be happy with anybody not named Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers (and maybe Ryan.)

Put Schaub on the Bills and we're sitting in the same position. Same with guys like Cutler, A. Smith, and Flaco. But put them on teams with good D's and they are guys who can lead a team to home field advantage.

everything you say is true......

and thats why we are in the mess we are in.....

which came first ...the chicken or the egg....an arguement can be made to build a team either way.....

but, in my world, the franchise qb comes first.....and you dont stop drafting , trading or signing a free agent until you hit a home run.

Agreed. Though I'm not even sure a top 5 guy could get this team into the playoffs the way the D plays.

I have a feeling it'd end up being like the Colts for many years with Manning until they finally got a D. (and then the Superbowl)

But man, I'd gladly take playoffs and exits over this below .500 crap every year. *sigh*