Not so sure its Wanny's scheme

Pirate Angel

Defensive schemes dont change as much as offense...Dareus' job doesnt change from scheme to scheme and he is useless this season, he is not explosive anymore, i watched several plays where he does not fire off the ball, he belly bumps with the oline. I dont care who the coach is playing alongside Kyle Williams who plays 100% ought to be plenty of motivation.

Nick Barnett while never great was a solid contributer, now he may be the worst LB on the field. Again base coverage is base coverage no matter the scheme and he is being beat badly. Not to mention our second line of defense is empty on running plays.

Defensive schemes dont change as much as offense...Dareus' job doesnt change from scheme to scheme and he is useless this season, he is not explosive anymore, i watched several plays where he does not fire off the ball, he belly bumps with the oline. I dont care who the coach is playing alongside Kyle Williams who plays 100% ought to be plenty of motivation.

Nick Barnett while never great was a solid contributer, now he may be the worst LB on the field. Again base coverage is base coverage no matter the scheme and he is being beat badly. Not to mention our second line of defense is empty on running plays.

Barnett is done or should move inside. Dareus looked more explosive today; when he loses the weight he gained and regains fitness, I think he'll be fine.

agreed. once the regular season starts, he'll be fit and in playing shape.

hahaha can't wait. In all seriousness though. It's wanny and the players. Wanny's scheme is far too conservative and relies too much on linebackers to create plays. The problem being the linebackers well they suck. We're getting horrible safety play and we're very thin at cornerback. As dissappointng as the dline is, you have to run some stunts, zone blitz you have to create pressure. Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus should not be used to clog up lanes. They should be used to shoot gaps and create negative plays.

Barnett is done or should move inside. Dareus looked more explosive today; when he loses the weight he gained and regains fitness, I think he'll be fine.

Any idea why he has turned into a fat pig? Could it simply be he realizes he doesn't have to cut lawns in the summer anymore?

Family matters shouldn't play into be out of shape the whole year, and pre season.

He seems to be an extremely undisciplined player.

Edited by Best Player Available

Any idea why he has turned into a fat pig? Could it simply be he realizes he doesn't have to cut lawns in the summer anymore?

Family matters shouldn't play into be out of shape the whole year, and pre season.

He seems to be an extremely undisciplined player.

I have some faith he'll recover given what happened to him earlier this season. I hope the team has a good support system that can help him recover mentally and light a fire under his ass physically.