The next 6 days determine the season

Rubes

Two games against two divisional opponents coming up. If we lose both, we're at 3-7 with no divisional wins and the season is over. Even one win leaves us at 4-6 with only the slimmest hope of any playoffs. This team needs two wins or its over, and we're only halfway through November.

Not that I seriously expect two wins, or even one for that matter. This team has just been horrible. But if there was ever a time to dig down and find out if anything is really there, this is it. They all have to know it, and dropping both would just solidify the monumental failure of this team and regime. I know many of you are already there.

Problem is, we've heard this story time and again, year after year, with the same disappointing result. I expect nothing different. But there's always hope...

Though we've seen several threads before saying the Titans and Texans games would determine the season, really, when it comes down to it, we'll know if we have any chance one week from now. Unfortunately we haven't been playing to our strengths and our defensive coaching has been horrendous. We can do it, but it looks unlikely. I don't think any of us thought the Dolphins or Colts would be playing as well as they are. The Rams are slowing back down, the Hawks aren't great on the road and the Jags are awful.

And really, the Patriots don't look as good as we expected them to. We should have beaten them in week 4. Nevertheless, here we are. I think this time, with our backs healthy, we can do some more damage offensively. Their run defense is good, but a healthy Spiller can carve up any defense. We know the Patriots can be beaten through the air and we'll get a few scores that way. The obvious concern is preventing Brady & Co. to work our defense. We looked much better against the Texans and hopefully that will continue on Sunday. The big plays that killed us were the play action bootlegs and I don't see Brady doing those. Then again, they may have noticed how effective it was and will work it into their game plan.

Edited by Big C

Two games against two divisional opponents coming up. If we lose both, we're at 3-7 with no divisional wins and the season is over. Even one win leaves us at 4-6 with only the slimmest hope of any playoffs. This team needs two wins or its over, and we're only halfway through November.

Not that I seriously expect two wins, or even one for that matter. This team has just been horrible. But if there was ever a time to dig down and find out if anything is really there, this is it. They all have to know it, and dropping both would just solidify the monumental failure of this team and regime. I know many of you are already there.

Problem is, we've heard this story time and again, year after year, with the same disappointing result. I expect nothing different. But there's always hope...

Rubes, where you watching the game tomorrow?

In my opinion the season ended when Fitz threw that interception late in the Tenn game. I know the defense is a much bigger problem than the offense, and that one play doesn't determine an entire game, but that one play was like a dagger that killed the season. That play made it hard for me to root for Fitz anymore. Illogical, but I can't help it.

The season ended when Tennefreakinsee beat us in our own building. If you can't win that game, you have no business pipe dreaming about division wins.

Exactly. The season ended when we lost to the Titans. Nix/Gailey are 4-12 in the last 16 games. Do you seriously think that they have any chance of finishing better than 6-10. Gailey will never match the lofty 7-9 seasons of the Jauron era!

It's over. Bills are fighting with KC for doormat status the rest of the year. Losing out would be ok at this point for me. Get a QB and more good draft picks in here. Get Mario and Anderson healthy so they can do next year what they were supposed to do this year. Dareus needs to get his head right. Gailey probably gets tossed , new DC , so starting over there. Pretty much a clean sweep. Whatever, its ok with me.

If coach Gailey suddenly gets "a case of the runs" and uses Spiller & Jackson than I like our chances to at least be in the game in the 4th qtr.

That would definitely be a start in the right direction. For what seems like forever, the Pats have moved the ball at will on us. Sure we beat them at home last year. But they still moved the ball up and down the field most of the game. We got lucky that Brady threw 4 picks. Otherwise the game is not even close.. We still needed a last second drive to win. And when u r at home, it should never be close when the opposing QB throws 4 picks.

Watch how the Jets and Fish play the Pats. Games are always close regardless of how good the Pats are. Jets and Dolphins have pride and know its a divisional game. Gailey has brought ZERO toughness to the team. Today it has to come out (pride and toughness) and a really solid gameplan..Anything less and we are done. A big loss today, and we will have nothing left for Thursday nite. These two games will define the Nix/Gailey era. 3-7 w a week and a half off to wait to play Indy and things will get real ugly, real quick. Wholesale changes will have to come than. EVERYONE in the organization knows this.