Watched "Sounds of the Game" last night.

PIZ

We may have the best QB out of the rookie class. JP showed awesome skills and shows tremendous leadership for a rookie. It's a shame he got hurt.

Drew Bledsoe maybe the classiest QB to ever wear an NFL uniform.

How in the heck is Ross Tucker not starting? The guy is a monster.

The first team D-line looked awesome.

Willis, right now, is a decent RB. I just didn't see a burst.

I can see why Trafford (TE) will probably make the team. The guy is tough.

Finally, I know it's early, but Mike Mularkey may give Marv Levy a run for his money as MY most favorite Buffalo Bills coach of all time.

If you haven't seen it, you need to.

Totally agree---I also recommend for you Direct TV viewers like me the show Jaguar summer. Very similar to Sounds of the Game. I think Jack Del Rio is an amazing coach and a certain up in comer. He shows passion, ethusiasm, and has a down to earth coaching style. Great behind the scenes show of the jaguars at camp. I so wished they picked the Bills but none the less a great view.

We may have the best QB out of the rookie class.  JP showed awesome skills and shows tremendous leadership for a rookie.  It's a shame he got hurt.

Drew Bledsoe maybe the classiest QB to ever wear an NFL uniform.

How in the heck is Ross Tucker not starting?  The guy is a monster.

The first team D-line looked awesome.

Willis, right now, is a decent RB.  I just didn't see a burst.

I can see why Trafford (TE) will probably make the team.  The guy is tough.

Finally, I know it's early, but Mike Mularkey may give Marv Levy a run for his money as MY most favorite Buffalo Bills coach of all time.

If you haven't seen it, you need to.

14189[/snapback]

I can't disagree with anything you said there. I just want to comment on MM. This guy has "football coach" written all over him. My wife said to me the first time he was introduced by the Bills and said, "damn, that guy just looks like a coach. He might be able to coach but he looks the part". After watching him the first couple pre-season games, I honestly think that this guy looks and acts like a coach that might be around for a long time in this league.

Just to rattle off a few guys that looked like coaches: Bill Cowher, Lou Saban, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bum Phillips, Bud Grant and Brian Billick, just to name a few. Some the didn't look like coaches: Wade Phillips, Kay Stephenson, Greg Williams, Les Steckel, Mike Riley, Bruce Coslett, Joe Bugel and Gunther Cunningham. :unsure:

Glad you posted this topic. I saw the show last night as well and thought it was fantastic.

The story that Drew told about he and AVP driving to a game last year and seeing a group of kids playing sandlot ball was worth my entire month's DirecTV bill.

Catch it on a replay if you can.

14205[/snapback]

I missed the part about Drew and AVP. Could somebody brief me?

Thanks. :unsure:

The story that Drew told about he and AVP driving to a game last year and seeing a group of kids playing sandlot ball was worth my entire month's DirecTV bill.

Catch it on a replay if you can.

14205[/snapback]

Yeah, it was a great story, but you could sense that Drew regretted not stopping. I bet we hear a story from this season where he actually does stop. Also, I loved how Mike gave JP his first play and it was a draw. Awesome.

I saw it last night, too (heavy homework load last 2 weeks), and it was great.

"call the ref by his first name, he'll love you for it" (Lynch)

JP Losman looks like a great young player. Very happy he is a Bill.

Mularkey is the right man for the job!

My wife said to me the first time he was introduced by the Bills and said, "damn, that guy just looks like a coach. He might be able to coach but he looks the part".

Your wife is wise and all-knowing. :lol: You just get the sense that this guy can relate to the players and you should NOT underestimate that part of the game. There were times last year you could just see the O team not trying as hard as they should. Think GW or Killdrive had anything to do with that?

I thought the best compliment was from Shanahan. When commenting about JP on the sidelines he said, "looks like we have ourselves a football player". When the opposing coach makes a comment like that, it is a good sign.

Also, I liked how Mularkey talked to Drew on the sideline and told him that we are going to have a lot of close games this year. He said this is how we are going to play this year.

I watched it as well last night - for the second time.

What stood out to me was the two jaw-popping hits Rashad Baker laid out. I don't remember saying "holy stevestojan" when I saw that the first time. This kid is a player!!

Totally agree---I also recommend for you Direct TV viewers like me the show Jaguar summer. Very similar to Sounds of the Game. I think Jack Del Rio is an amazing coach and a certain up in comer. He shows passion, ethusiasm, and has a down to earth coaching style. Great behind the scenes show of the jaguars at camp. I so wished they picked the Bills but none the less a great view.

14197[/snapback]

I agree. Those training camp shows are great. I've seen the Ravens, the Cowboys, and this Jaguars one. I like the inside looks at all this stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing Del Rio talking to Hugh Douglas when he's cutting him.

this show is on my TiVo permanently. I already watched it 3 times. I watched with my Bronco loving neighbor. He was impressed with the Bills and Losman in particular.

I love when they call the draw play, it's like JP knew it was coming, because no sooner did they tell him, he was already shaking his head and laughing as he ran to the huddle.

a couple of his passes had young John Elway written all over them. Especially the out. And that one pass to Euhus in the middle. His passes produce vapor trails.

Great show. I watched "Game of the Week" all last year, and loved every one of them. Just a great football show. This one with the Bills/Broncos has opened up a new avenue for the show. They would be wise to do that weekly during the season. The show would be critically acclaimed and an ward winning venture.

God Bless NFL Films.