This team needs to show some balls and hit Brady after the whistle

ACor58

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This^. This roid freak would have been retired for 3 years now. If not for some over the hill scout who signed him hoping for a football player. Then extending him after he sat around with ralph's money on IR. Anyone who believes players in a locker room listen to the rah rah from a roid freak are delusional.

I don't know when I laugh louder, when I see someone wearing a Merriman jersey or a Fitzpatrick jersey. Probably the Merriman jersey.

Clippers of the NFL and a few others get the point.

Wishing injury is different than playing slightly outside the rules.

What I'd call for early is a couple of zero blitzes- sending six, seven, or even eight rushers depending on the Pats personnel.

That way, there should be at least one unblocked blitzer bearing down on Brady.

If Brady gets rid of the ball in time- hit him anyway. Yes, you might give up a penalty for a late hit, but that is the cost to rattle Brady. As good as Brady is and has been, he has also shown to get rattled in games where he can't keep his jersey clean. That can lead to hurried throws an inaccurate passes throughout the rest of the game.

The question we should be asking is do the Bills want to give up 20 yard completions down the seam vs a Cover 3? Or do they want to sell out and at least make Brady uncomfortable? Maybe Gronk catches it and breaks a long gain, even for a TD, if they sell out. Well, the past couple years have shown us that he can do the same even against Cover 3 and drop zone coverage.

Notice, I am not calling for a cheap shot per se, I am asking someone to let Brady know if he thinks he can stay in the pocket and pick apart the D, there is a price to pay.

There is a definite difference between playing slightly past the whistle and making an otherwise clean hit vs strictly hitting with an intent to injure.

What's the worst that could happen? The Bills lose. They have tried the alternative. I'd much rather "Die by the blitz" than sit back and let Brady carve up the secondary. As they say, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" and you already know how Belichick feels about that sentiment.

Edited by uncle flap

Since they can't get close enough to even sniff his jersey during a live play.

He has beaten the Bills time and time again and no one on this team has the balls to step up and make him pay. I am not one to advocate playing dirty, but enough is enough. Why don't the players have the same frustration that we feel as fans? How come it hasb't boiled over into punching him in his stupid mouth? It's time that they do something about it. I don't care if it's a late hit, an early hit - I don't care if its when he is walking out of the tunnel. Tom Brady needs to pay.

He has been s**tting all over the city and it's people for over a decade and someone needs to do something about it!

Really? Beating New England without a healthy Tom Brady would be a rather hollow victory. I would rather loose than cheat.

Edited by Trader

People realize that this is Brady you are talking about, right? Kyle Williams got a 15 yard penalty for brushing up against him, and Kyle was on the ground at the time. Anybody who makes contact with him when he doesn't have the ball is going to get a penalty, a fine, possible ejection, and bring negaitive publicity to the Bills from all of the national media. I think the players have heard the message loud and clear.

My personal belief is that cheap shots are not necessary, ballsy or cool, but that's just me.

I also recall that the Bills were able to rattle him by getting in front of him and standing with their arms up. I have seen that technique work well with other teams and other QBs. The image of multiple 300 lb guys lunging at you and blocking your passing lanes is scary, even if they don't really get that close.

Very well said.

How about this? Can a bills player push brady back down to the sit up position as brady is trying to get up. His tooshie may feel a little pressure. Are all the nerds ok with that?

Gosh.

This thread really did a good job splitting up those that are really into the highly physical athletic chess match and those that have run out of bum fight videos to watch and have settled for nfl

People realize that this is Brady you are talking about, right? Kyle Williams got a 15 yard penalty for brushing up against him, and Kyle was on the ground at the time. Anybody who makes contact with him when he doesn't have the ball is going to get a penalty, a fine, possible ejection, and bring negaitive publicity to the Bills from all of the national media. I think the players have heard the message loud and clear.

My personal belief is that cheap shots are not necessary, ballsy or cool, but that's just me.

I also recall that the Bills were able to rattle him by getting in front of him and standing with their arms up. I have seen that technique work well with other teams and other QBs. The image of multiple 300 lb guys lunging at you and blocking your passing lanes is scary, even if they don't really get that close.

Excellent point. Texans are famous for it and showed it last week. You can see they made good decisions about when to give up the block per se and gets hands up in passing lanes.

We dont do that. and sometimes it looks like the DE could play a little tighter to the tackle to protect pass and scramble lanes.

I dont understand that coaching allowing that from the team. Demeans the game. Thats why we lose sometimes and why i am still a fan. You just dont see us doing that. I watched Cordy many times being almost overewhelmed and he just played straight up.

i did notice Bills are talking a little more S on the field though

Graybeard you make some nice points. thanks

I would like to see some blitz's and get a few legal hits on Brady. When he ran in for a touchdown against us last game, I could read his lips and he said F-in bitches!

yes he did i'm still pissed.

This thread really did a good job splitting up those that are really into the highly physical athletic chess match and those that have run out of bum fight videos to watch and have settled for nfl

where did i land ? :cry: