What The Republican Party Needs To Do

The more appropriate analogy is probably Dems changing tack and nominating a centrist in Clinton after losing 3 straight elections, but go ahead, be my guest and "Stay the Course" into irrelevancy....

GOP will stay the course and triumph. As I've said before, it's about the candidate.

If anyone thinks the GOP is in trouble and will soon be irrelevant or whatever, then you should be willing to bet that the Dems will win the 2016 presidency. I will take any bet from any person up to $1,000. (Obviously if you lose, you wouldn't really pay me 1K. You would just change your username. But I'm okay with that, too)

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe one of you can help me understand something....

I get the limited government, lower (and maybe simplify) my taxes, stay out of my wallet, don't ram your healthcare mandate down my throat, etc. - let's call it fiscal conservatism

so, if a large group of americans believe that to the core, and I think they do, then why is it ok for that same government to decide whether a woman can have an abortion, can marry someone of the same sex, or any of the other socially conservative mandates that are seemingly ok to ram down the throats of the citizens?

why is it not only ok, but required that gov't stay out of those financial issues, yet they're able to decide some really personal things about others based on their own beliefs and faith?

seems pretty hypocritical to me...

and you just figured out the split in the republican party!

add in whether you can go to other countries and tell them what to do, as well as actually staying out of the wallet and not just saying you will and i think you have the dissent covered.

Republican party, this is what you need to do:

1. Grow a collective set of nuts - Stop being the Conservative version of the John Kerry. Distinguish yourselves on the most imprtant issues and take them head on. Particularly on economic issues. Our economic model is unsustainable, impossible to defend, and easy to explain. Stop dancing around the issue and dive in and hammer it in common sense terms. Talk to people straight, and assume they're not retarded. A lot are, but you'll win more with logic than gimmicks and talking points.

4. Explain to blacks why free market principles are in their best

Ok, and what economic specifics do you propose to "save" the country? What, cut taxes for everyone-- but especially for the wealthy who pay the most, and slash government services? That's it, right?

ABC, NBC, CBS are now "liberal media?"

It's like you got on a raft and started drifting out into the Atlantic ocean. Then you looked back and said, "hey where's North America going?"

If you even deny this you either have your head in the sand, you're not watching, or you're so far left that you can't even see it. I watched ABC coverage. Every single person on their team is a hard left Democrat. And I don't think I even need to mention NBC. They let their true colors show. They were orgasmic Tuesday night and Wednesday.

If you even deny this you either have your head in the sand, you're not watching, or you're so far left that you can't even see it. I watched ABC coverage. Every single person on their team is a hard left Democrat. And I don't think I even need to mention NBC. They let their true colors show. They were orgasmic Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Not just the news. It's in the programming as well.

Elections have consequences. My personal tax rate is up 30% thismorning, so the first thing I did today was tell my housekeeper and gardener that they will either also agree to work for 30% less or they will not have jobs with me anymore. The gardener is staying on, the housekeeper argued and was dismissed from service.

As to the housekeeper, the wife wasn't thrilled, because now she has to begin a fresh search for a new one. However, with the economy as it is, it will be easy to find a new one even with her reduced hiring budget.

I could have afforded to retain the old help at the same rate, but why would I after my own means have been reduced? I work for me, and to expand my own finances. Not to provide bloated earnings for luxury employees.

Elections have consequences.

What the Republican party needs is more Ambassadors of goodwill like TakeYouToTasker to spread out and disseminate their views that will surely resonate with the common folk.

Jesus, call the Wambulance!

You guys get ridiculous with this nonsense. Yes there is a liberal bias in the media. It comes from the fact that most journalists are liberals. We get it! But its an unintentional bias. The MSM attempts to be neutral in their coverage of the news. They do a fair but not perfect job of it. And we are notified of every slip-up they make by you poor downtrodden conservatives crying like babies every time some big mean liberal journalist doesn't phrase something in the way you believe they should.

But there is only one news organization that intentionally inserts bias into their coverage of events, FOX. Where'd that get you guys? How do those polls look now? How many of those swing states went to Romney? How much cheering were they doing and for who?

Edited by RI Bills Fan

What the Republican party needs is more Ambassadors of goodwill like TakeYouToTasker to spread out and disseminate their views that will surely resonate with the common folk.

The more of my money you decide to vote yourself, the less of it will be available for you to earn.

Perhaps you'd like to pass laws guiding how much of my earnings I'm allowed to keep for myself rather than spend next, as you've already passed laws increasing my tax burden anyhow?

You guys get ridiculous with this nonsense. Yes there is a liberal bias in the media. It comes from the fact that most journalists are liberals. We get it! But its an unintentional bias. The MSM attempts to be neutral in their coverage of the news. They do a fair but not perfect job of it. And we are notified of every slip-up they make by you poor downtrodden conservatives crying like babies every time some big mean liberal journalist doesn't phrase something in the way you believe they should.

But there is only one news organization that intentionally inserts bias into their coverage of events, FOX. Where'd that get you guys? How do those polls look now? How many of those swing states went to Romney? How much cheering were they doing and for who?

Sick my duck. When you libs stop soaking tampons over Fox News and talk radio, despite having the biggest microphone that speaks to the pop-culture crowd that votes but doesn't follow the issues, I might be a little more receptive to what you have to say on the issue.

It's not unintentional and it's not harmless. One party's scandal is another parties "no big deal".

You guys get ridiculous with this nonsense. Yes there is a liberal bias in the media. It comes from the fact that most journalists are liberals. We get it! But its an unintentional bias. The MSM attempts to be neutral in their coverage of the news. They do a fair but not perfect job of it. And we are notified of every slip-up they make by you poor downtrodden conservatives crying like babies every time some big mean liberal journalist doesn't phrase something in the way you believe tHshey should.

Yes!

Sick my duck. When you libs stop soaking tampons over Fox News and talk radio, despite having the biggest microphone that speaks to the pop-culture crowd that votes but doesn't follow the issues, I might be a little more receptive to what you have to say on the issue.

It's not unintentional and it's not harmless. One party's scandal is another parties "no big deal".

Lick your clit would be more accurate. You got ten pounds of sand in your vajayjay? Talk about a perpetual victim. The big mean liberals are picking on me, WAH, WAH! The MSM is Biased against us poor little Conservatives! WAH WAH! They don't slant things the way FAUX does! WAH! WAH!

Man up and put a fricking sock in it. When were you promised that the rest of the world was organized to make you feel good about your opinions and biases? What makes conservatives right and everybody else wrong? Other than the FAUX News Channel trumpeting that message 24/7?

Really, think about it. FOX has the largest audience of all the news channels. They control the debate in many areas. Yet, if you listen to them, and you, they're not part of the MSM.

Horse-Pucky!

But you still have a choice. If you don't like the way NBC or any other channel reports the news, DON'T WATCH THAT CHANNEL! Stick to FOX and their "accurate reporting" and "Fair and Balanced" coverage. Just whine a lot quieter the next time you discover they sold you a pile of manure.

Lick your clit would be more accurate. You got ten pounds of sand in your vajayjay? Talk about a perpetual victim. The big mean liberals are picking on me, WAH, WAH! The MSM is Biased against us poor little Conservatives! WAH WAH! They don't slant things the way FAUX does! WAH! WAH!

Man up and put a fricking sock in it. When were you promised that the rest of the world was organized to make you feel good about your opinions and biases? What makes conservatives right and everybody else wrong? Other than the FAUX News Channel trumpeting that message 24/7?

Really, think about it. FOX has the largest audience of all the news channels. They control the debate in many areas. Yet, if you listen to them, and you, they're not part of the MSM.

Horse-Pucky!

But you still have a choice. If you don't like the way NBC or any other channel reports the news, DON'T WATCH THAT CHANNEL! Stick to FOX and their "accurate reporting" and "Fair and Balanced" coverage. Just whine a lot quieter the next time you discover they sold you a pile of manure.

You really are an idiot. You don't even get the point you're arguing against. Wipe the drool from your chin.

GOP will stay the course and triumph. As I've said before, it's about the candidate.

If anyone thinks the GOP is in trouble and will soon be irrelevant or whatever, then you should be willing to bet that the Dems will win the 2016 presidency. I will take any bet from any person up to $1,000. (Obviously if you lose, you wouldn't really pay me 1K. You would just change your username. But I'm okay with that, too)

Whatever gets you through the night, but most of the data shows otherwise. Tough to reconcile the xenophobia of much of the Republican party with the need to be more open and inclusive, for example. Combine that with offering nothing but bootstraps platitudes (usually delivered by plutocrats such as Ryan or Romney or, at minimum, folks who grew up "comfortable" yet still look down on others less fortunate in initial circumstances) to the middle and working classes, which some folks are beginning to understand, and soon you may find yourselves circling the toilet bowl. Read Kristof's NYT op-ed from this morning--he nailed it....

The more of my money you decide to vote yourself, the less of it will be available for you to earn.

Perhaps you'd like to pass laws guiding how much of my earnings I'm allowed to keep for myself rather than spend next, as you've already passed laws increasing my tax burden anyhow?

It costs money to live in the best country in the world. That in itself is a free market fact of life. Why should you get a free ride?

You really are an idiot. You don't even get the point you're arguing against. Wipe the drool from your chin.

Yeah, You've got nothing. If you get called on your crying and whining there's nothing behind it. No Backup, nothing of substance beyond, "They're Picking on ME! WAH!". Go suck your thumb and feel abused. Just do it quietly.