What The Republican Party Needs To Do

what self respecting woman could ever vote for Mitt Romney?

I know a couple. Both pro-life. They respect themselves enough to not get pregnant when they don't want to (in other words, they respect themselves enough to not get horrendously drunk and sleep with some meathead frat bro without a rubber).

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a couple. Both pro-life. They respect themselves enough to not get pregnant when they don't want to (in other words, they respect themselves enough to not get horrendously drunk and sleep with some meathead frat bro without a rubber).

I once slept with a chick (one night stand) and was a bit drunk. I said, should I use a condom? She said, "whatever you want".

Clearly one of those defining moments that could be life changing.

I once slept with a chick (one night stand) and was a bit drunk. I said, should I use a condom? She said, "whatever you want".

don't leave out the part where you proceeded to engage w/ no condom ...

maybe one of you can help me understand something....

I get the limited government, lower (and maybe simplify) my taxes, stay out of my wallet, don't ram your healthcare mandate down my throat, etc. - let's call it fiscal conservatism

so, if a large group of americans believe that to the core, and I think they do, then why is it ok for that same government to decide whether a woman can have an abortion, can marry someone of the same sex, or any of the other socially conservative mandates that are seemingly ok to ram down the throats of the citizens?

why is it not only ok, but required that gov't stay out of those financial issues, yet they're able to decide some really personal things about others based on their own beliefs and faith?

seems pretty hypocritical to me...

I get the limited government, lower (and maybe simplify) my taxes, stay out of my wallet, don't ram your healthcare mandate down my throat, etc. - let's call it fiscal conservatism

so, if a large group of americans believe that to the core, and I think they do, then why is it ok for that same government to decide whether a woman can have an abortion, can marry someone of the same sex, or any of the other socially conservative mandates that are seemingly ok to ram down the throats of the citizens?

why is it not only ok, but required that gov't stay out of those financial issues, yet they're able to decide some really personal things about others based on their own beliefs and faith?

because babies man, babies

We really don't need abortion debate in this topic so please edit your post :)

Because it is hypocritical.

I am not a fan of abortion but I don't believe it is the governments right to decide. I couldn't give a **** about gay marriage.

Those who do are hypocrites but rarely do the masses question their parties message.

Because it is hypocritical.

I am not a fan of abortion but I don't believe it is the governments right to decide. I couldn't give a **** about gay marriage.

Those who do are hypocrites but rarely do the masses question their parties message.

ya, I agree, so my opinion on what the republicans should do is this (and it'll never happen...) - form a new party, call it the Conservative Party, the only requirement for membership is that you're a fiscal conservative. I realize this is similar to the Libertarian party, but you get my point. You can be pro-choice, pro- or anti- anything on the social side.

The purity requirement is killing the GOP, again IMO. You HAVE to be everything that a few extremists believe you should be and all at once. Worse, it keeps really good candidates from running or winning the primary. I could see someone like Chris Christie saying thanks, but no thanks in 2015 just because he doesn't want to tell people that he takes all of those positions.

What absolutley needs to happen is for somone with a lot of money to start buying the major media outlets. Conservatives will be forever demonized until there is some sort of balance in the MSM. What happened in this election cycle was absolutely disgraceful.

I really need to STOP hearing from !@#$s on the left lecturing me that the GOP needs more diversity.

Every !@#$ing woman that joins the GOP is IMMEDIATLEY labeled as a "dumb waitress" or worse by the left.

Every black that joins the GOP is IMMEDIATELY lableled as an Uncle Tom.

And moderation? Please.

You puke that we need more "moderate" candidates...and lecture us how to do it. Then you elect....Alan Grayson and Elizabeth Warren? !@#$ you AND youre hypocrisy.

And finally, cut the **** with your "old white guys dont work" meme. I have three words for you on that one....

JOE !@#$ING BIDEN.

I don't think one Democrat wants the GOP to do anything differently than they are right now....

What absolutley needs to happen is for somone with a lot of money to start buying the major media outlets. Conservatives will be forever demonized until there is some sort of balance in the MSM. What happened in this election cycle was absolutely disgraceful.

Fox News is consistently the #1 cable news network in the country (owned by Rupert Murdoch).

The Wall Street Journal is the #1 home-delivered newspaper in the country (also owned by Rupert Murdoch).

What more do you want?

thats not life changing... now if you asked "where should I put it".... and she said "whatever".... then we are talking....

Fox News is consistently the #1 cable news network in the country (owned by Rupert Murdoch).

The Wall Street Journal is the #1 home-delivered newspaper in the country (also owned by Rupert Murdoch).

What more do you want?

When you add up the numbers: ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN,etc., the liberal media numbers far outway what Fox News gets. Any reasonable person can see that 95% of the media slants to the left.

Edited by Barry in KC

When you add up the numbers: ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN,etc., the liberal media numbers far outway what Fox News gets. Any reasonable person can see that 95% of the media slants to the left.

ABC, NBC, CBS are now "liberal media?"

It's like you got on a raft and started drifting out into the Atlantic ocean. Then you looked back and said, "hey where's North America going?"

ABC, NBC, CBS are now "liberal media?"

It's like you got on a raft and started drifting out into the Atlantic ocean. Then you looked back and said, "hey where's North America going?"

You know this is untrue. Most of it stems from the editorial staffs and directors coming from an educational background that lends itself to progressivism. What makes this even more tragic, however, is in reaction to this the few conservative leaning outlets have begun pushing back in a shameful way which also yields no real news.