karl rove...lots of splaining to do

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama had millions of donors giving an average of $100. (Including me.) Romney & PACS had a handful of billionaires writing huge checks. This was a huge win for average Americans. We beat the billionaires. We showed that you can't buy an American election.

Watching the election post-mortem I'm struck at the huge advantage Republicans had this year. In fact the 2012 elections are an epic, Buffalo-Bills-esque, snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory.

One thing that might have contributed was the "bubble" conservatives put themselves in. They have their own talk shows that tell them what they want to hear. They have their own news outlets the report the "facts" like they want them to be. Don't like the polls? No problem. They make up their own polling numbers that guarantee Romney will win by a landslide. After a while they start believing that what is inside the bubble is reality. Last night the bubble burst.

So now the GOP is arguing with itself about what went wrong. To most of us it's obvious: they are too extreme to the right. And yet there are voices that insist Republicans were not extreme enough. If those voices win, the GOP will join the Whigs in 2014.

PTR

Yeah, there are NO liberals in the media. Tool . . .

The GOP lost simply because of 2 things:

1) They didn't think O had the ground game this time around. They thought it would be R +3 to R+6 and it was still D+7 like '08.

2) The GOP has no appeal to Hispanic voters

Say whatever you want about Obama's victory, but he DID NOT play his campaign to hispanics. He played to women and to have-not's.

Lastly, if you think that the current administration, with it's green, pro-big government, regulation happy agenda isn't extremely left, you're delusional. It is not centrist. Clinton was Centrist . . . i.e., the era of big government is over. Bam wants the government to grow and grow and grow . . .

Edited by Fatty McButterpants

Yeah, there are NO liberals in the media. Tool . . .

The GOP lost simply because of 2 things:

1) They didn't think O had the ground game this time around. They thought it would be R +3 to R+6 and it was still D+7 like '08.

2) The GOP has no appeal to Hispanic voters

Say whatever you want about Obama's victory, but he DID NOT play his campaign to hispanics. He played to women and to have-not's.

Lastly, if you think that the current administration, with it's green, pro-big government, regulation happy agenda isn't extremely left, you're delusional. It is not centrist. Clinton was Centrist . . . i.e., the era of big government is over. Bam wants the government to grow and grow and grow . . .

if they didn't know o had the ground game in place, they should have. the obama campaign started working against romney early in the primaries. they started the bain attacks. perry and gingrich picked up the ball. if they truly underestimated their abil;ities, then they deserved to lose.

There are probably around 5 or 6.

really? if you don't live in nyc, i call bs http://cars.audiusa.com/dealer-directory. used to have a TT. good luck with repair bills.

so you went in and out of dealerships threatening to walk away from a lease deal?

No. I went into a dealership, negotiated to the lowest possible price, walked into another dealership to see if they could beat it and they did. Tried that 2-3 times and then I took it.

really? if you don't live in nyc, i call bs http://cars.audiusa....ealer-directory. used to have a TT. good luck with repair bills.

I thought I read meazza said he was Canadian and there's 7-8 Audi dealers in the TO metro area.

I had a TT also, one of the 1st ones, their bumper-to-bumper warranty was nothing short of amazing. It even covered things like brakes and exhaust. The only expense I ever had was tires, so not sure what your experience was...

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

I thought I read meazza said he was Canadian and there's 7-8 Audi dealers in the TO metro area.

I had a TT also, one of the 1st ones, their bumper-to-bumper warranty was nothing short of amazing. It even covered things like brakes and exhaust. The only expense I ever had was tires, so not sure what your experience was...

Montreal though given that my job is being phased out over the next 3-4 months and finance is the enemy here, I will have to maybe become a Toronto resident. (sigh)

my experience was that i bought one of the first ones available in 2000. 2 year warranty (i think) which i agree was very good and included maintenance. after that things started to go. electrical problems mostly. and repairs and parts were very expensive (gouging imo). nevertheless, still not making sense out of negotiating a lease deal that way, especially in a highly sought after car with limited supply. maybe it's different in canada but if you want an s4 here your on a waiting list and be prepared to pay list (which is probably still less than what you'd pay in canada after taking the exchange rate into account). maybe a vanilla a4 or a3 has a little wiggle room but not much.

Edited by birdog1960

my experience was that i bought one of the first ones available in 2000. 2 year warranty (i think) which i agree was very good and included maintenance. after that things started to go. electrical problems mostly. and repairs and parts were very expensive (gouging imo). nevertheless, still not making sense out of negotiating a lease deal that way, especially in a highly sought after car with limited supply. maybe it's different in canada but if you want an s4 here your on a waiting list and be prepared to pay list (which is probably still less than what you'd pay in canada after taking the exchange rate into account). maybe a vanilla a4 or a3 has a little wiggle room but not much.

I also had 1 of the 1st 2000s, like #11 to enter the US. I was in Silicon Valley and the dot com crash forced me to sell it right around the time the maintenance/warranty ended. So, ya, if you needed out-of-warranty repairs, at an $85/hour labor rate, those bills rack up quickly.

I agree, a limited availability car like an S4 wouldn't give you much negotiation leverage, but an A4, A6, etc, with 6 dealers around is a totally different animal.

The family "truckster" that I drive occasionally is a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica... Poor man's TT... Look it up: Freeman Thomas, designer. LoL...

those are nice, but I think you could fit a TT inside a Pacifica. More like a bad ass Town-and-Country.

if they didn't know o had the ground game in place, they should have. the obama campaign started working against romney early in the primaries. they started the bain attacks. perry and gingrich picked up the ball. if they truly underestimated their abil;ities, then they deserved to lose.

really? if you don't live in nyc, i call bs http://cars.audiusa....ealer-directory. used to have a TT. good luck with repair bills.

That's exactly what I assumed you'd drive....a TT. Nice girly car there Doc. :lol:

I also had 1 of the 1st 2000s, like #11 to enter the US. I was in Silicon Valley and the dot com crash forced me to sell it right around the time the maintenance/warranty ended. So, ya, if you needed out-of-warranty repairs, at an $85/hour labor rate, those bills rack up quickly.

I agree, a limited availability car like an S4 wouldn't give you much negotiation leverage, but an A4, A6, etc, with 6 dealers around is a totally different animal.

How many bills do you actually have, besides consumables like tires and breaks... Oil changes, fluids, and plugs (heck Pt plugs get 100k)... I got 100,000 miles on my '06 Pacifica (bought new) and not a problem...

How many bills do you actually have, besides consumables like tires and breaks... Oil changes, fluids, and plugs (heck Pt plugs get 100k)... I got 100,000 miles on my '06 Pacifica (bought new) and not a problem...

I've got 24k miles on my lease and the only thing I've paid for other than gas is one tire. I've only had one oil change and that was free. The only think I don't like about my lease is the limited miles. I'm going to go way over this time so I think I'll probably just look at keeping it.

those are nice, but I think you could fit a TT inside a Pacifica. More like a bad ass Town-and-Country.

LoL... Ain't that the truth... My daily driver (DD) is a Jeep TJ... Getting that time where I squeeze both cars into the garage... I normally keep the Jeep inside anyway... Amazing how small that thing is compared to the family "whale."

I can't imagine the old days anymore... My father's '67 Olds... LoL... I can't imagine my wife behind that wheel... You wouldn't see her over the dash! LoL...

I only put about 30K on mine in just over 2 yrs. The only bill I ever had was 2 new tires. They used really sticky low-profile, z-rated tires that wore out quickly. Their warranty covered everything but tires, literally, including oil changes, air filters, all that. Birddog sounds like he had it much worse cuz he held on to his.

I've got 24k miles on my lease and the only thing I've paid for other than gas is one tire. I've only had one oil change and that was free. The only think I don't like about my lease is the limited miles. I'm going to go way over this time so I think I'll probably just look at keeping it.

The bummer about the Chrysler deal was I was getting free oil changes for life... Until they consolidated dealers... Who wants to drive 30 miles to their only dealership now! :-( Bastages!

The Jeep... Amazingly simple not to work on it yourself... I just crawl under it (fat ass an all) and pull the oil drain plug...

Turdblossom (Bush's diminutive for Rove) is kinda turdy, but still and all what people are calling a "meltdown" on Fox didn't seem that bad to me. But maybe the bar is low.

I have a Mercedes SLK350, it's blue of course but came from Texas so there's red there somewhere.