karl rove...lots of splaining to do

The Democrats have a huge assortment of wealthy donors including unions. I don't have a problem with it but this isn't the little Guy vs the big Guy. If you really believe that then you're dumber than I thought.

Edit: case in point birdshit in another thread showing how the wealthiest in Virginia voted for Obama.

and your only possible interpretation of those wealthy counties voting for obama is that there was a quid pro quo? that they voted out of self interest, knowing they'd be paying more income taxes and likely higher cap gains taxes. did you consider that many really thought that obama was the best choice for the country?

while I may be naive and idealistic i'd choose that over your cynicism every time.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a great man? I would love to see you in four years when that waste of space is still in office to see how the economy is doing.

You will soon experience reality.

And once again, I know that Romney has wealthy backers. So does Obama. Stop thinking that one is more honorable than the other.

Yes I will. 4 more years of GOP obstruction....while the country continues to make slow, steady progress.

PTR

and your only possible interpretation of those wealthy counties voting for obama is that there was a quid pro quo? that they voted out of self interest, knowing they'd be paying more income taxes and likely higher cap gains taxes. did you consider that many really thought that obama was the best choice for the country?

while I may be naive and idealistic i'd choose that over your cynicism every time.

Dear God its like talking to a chair. I hope your patients have an easier time communicating with you.

My point was that the wealthy backing Romney meme is false. They back both based on their ideology so stop pretending that your win is somehow a win for the little guy.

Try to keep up biden

Yes I will. 4 more years of GOP obstruction....while the country continues to make slow, steady progress.

PTR

Is that why boehner extended an olive branch today?

Will you run as more machine than man?

In my district all 4 GOP state reps ran unopposed. I'm trying to decide if I should run as a Dem or moderate Republican. New Hampshire, a state of barely 1 million, has a 400-seat house. It's actually not that hard to get elected because few people want to do it. You get paid all of $100. Pretty much everyone is old and retired. It's also filled with some real looney tunes. I'd like to restore some sanity.

PTR

Dear God its like talking to a chair. I hope your patients have an easier time communicating with you.

My point was that the wealthy backing Romney meme is false. They back both based on their ideology so stop pretending that your win is somehow a win for the little guy.

Try to keep up biden

Is that why boehner extended an olive branch today?

loudon county has a median household income of about $110,000...hardly koch bros money. were talking about two very different groups of people. no doubt there's some very high wealth individuals there but overall we're talking much less wealthy people than those contributing to rove's pacs.

olive branch? he all but ruled out the dems plan for increasing taxes on over 250k households. "revenue increases" but only without tax hikes. sounded more like a burning bag of shite left on a doorstep than an olive branch to me.

loudon county has a median household income of about $110,000...hardly koch bros money. were talking about two very different groups of people. no doubt there's some very high wealth individuals there but overall we're talking much less wealthy people than those contributing to rove's pacs.

olive branch? he all but ruled out the dems plan for increasing taxes on over 250k households. "revenue increases" but only without tax hikes. sounded more like a burning bag of shite left on a doorstep than an olive branch to me.

Clearly you've never negotiated anything.

Seriously you're ed Schultz dumb

i've negotiated many things...honestly and successfully.

If you ask a girl out on a.date and she tells you before the date that you're getting laid, will you take her seriously.

He can't compromise without actually negotiating and if he does, he's a bigger idiot than you.

so i bought a car recently. i knew the dealers cost. i knew what my trade in was worth. i knew what others had recently paid in the area for the same vehicle. so i told the salesman that i'd buy the car at that price for that trade in - done deal. but your saying that if i told him that i wanted to pay 5k less than everyone else did. id have done better? seriously doubt it but even if i saved a few hundred would it be worth the hassle? a pi$$ed off dealer when i go for service? losing the "everybody wins" goodwill? maybe to you and boner but not to me.

So I walked into a dealer and got him to go the lowest by going back multiple times. When I got to the lowest, I walked out, went to another dealer and told them to beat.that or I'm out. Ended up getting a sick deal on a new.luxury car.

Not my problem if you like getting !@#$ed.

These analogies are stupid b/c negotiating a car price is not the same as compromising something as complicated as our national budget priorities in today's climate. There are all kinds of approaches that can produce compromise the more complicated the subject matter, and that's important.

As for the basic idea of buying a car, it's always worth it to start low even if your heart isn't in it just cave more quickly. They start high.

These analogies are stupid b/c negotiating a car price is not the same as compromising something as complicated as our national budget priorities in today's climate. There are all kinds of approaches that can produce compromise the more complicated the subject matter, and that's important.

As for the basic idea of buying a car, it's always worth it to start low even if your heart isn't in it just cave more quickly. They start high.

Boehner knows he has to compromise. He was most likely thinking about how negotiating.with Romney would be worth the wait

He's not going to come out and compromise without even negotiating with bho. That's just stupid imho

the analogy was meant to convey the idea that negotiating a win - win is usually the best option. especially if you're likely to tangle again. now that "stop obama from reelection" is off the table it makes even more sense (not that that whole thing was very wise or successful) to aim for this from boner. but we'll never see it...

Boehner knows he has to compromise. He was most likely thinking about how negotiating.with Romney would be worth the wait

He's not going to come out and compromise without even negotiating with bho. That's just stupid imho

They both need to acknowledge where they were at the closest point they have been, and what will be a good enough "working spot" on either end to build a coalition of their minions. Cuz they aren't just negotiating...it would be done if that was the case. All the loons in Congress have to vote on it. So while he won't start at the absolute most dire position, and neither will Obama, they both do need to start closer to the middle before the negotiations really get going to subdue the loud mouths on either side and figure out who will get on board and if they have the numbers.

Edited by TheNewBills

the analogy was meant to convey the idea that negotiating a win - win is usually the best option. especially if you're likely to tangle again. now that "stop obama from reelection" is off the table it makes even more sense (not that that whole thing was very wise or successful) to aim for this from boner. but we'll never see it...

meazza only drives Fiats, he just takes it to Tony:

F- Fix

I- It

A- Again

T- Tony

:D