Republicans Retain House

I agree. I wish I could say I had any optimism for our country, but the problems in our politics are structural. We've eliminated the most essential factor responsible for American success - separation of powers - and I don't see any way we come back from that.

It doesn't matter who wins. The problem isn't the candidates, it's the electorate.

A wise man once said nothing wrong w/ America can't be fixed by what is right w/ America. Cheer up.

First off, the race ain't over yet and Romney could still win if he takes Florida

And then he needs at least 3 other toss up states.....ain't gonna happen.

Second, you guys claim Obama is the person responsible for the economy's current state because he's slowed or halted the recovery. But if the economy recovers in a second Obama term it's not because of Obama. Wow, you guys are unbelievable sometimes.

I don't know who 'you guys' means but I don't ever recall anyone (total morons excluded) stating the bad economy was Obama's fault so nice try with that strawman. And no, when it finally recovers it will not be because of Obama or any other politician.

If you are still uninformed enough to think economies rise and fall based on the President, well, I guess you have a lot of company in this country.

American Conservatism is dead. The next relevance they will have, will be from the ashes, and many bullets will fly between now and then.

American Liberalism is dead too. They really ought to come up with a new word to descibe the modern crowd that believes an all-powerful government and whatever crumbs they toss off the table is preferable to individual freedom and achievement.

I wish. But I do dream about that day. You conservatives are not sane.

Case and point.

Your peculiar philosophy encourages taking and punishes doing. That kind of populism has a hard breaking point that begins with a slide into all Americans having less. No one goes hungrey with ease. No one is robbed with grace.

I don't mention ashes and bullets with endorsment, but rather as the sad realization that we're on an inevitable path leading there.

Your quickness to attack and demonize only further lends further weight to my belief.

Yep. Thanks to the one issue vagina voters.

I have no sympathy for anyone running for Senate who is too !@#$ing stupid to keep his mouth shut about rape and abortion. I mean WTF --- don't they send these guys to charm school like they do with executives at big companies??

:doh:

I have no sympathy for anyone running for Senate who is too !@#$ing stupid to keep his mouth shut about rape and abortion. I mean WTF --- don't they send these guys to charm school like they do with executives at big companies??

:doh:

I don't have any sympathy for them. I'd like to smack them across the face real, real hard and say "HEY !@#$! WTF ARE YOU THINKING?" The problem is, we end up paying the price when people who think coerced cooperation is virtuous get the power to impose their will on us.

I don't have any sympathy for them. I'd like to smack them across the face real, real hard and say "HEY !@#$! WTF ARE YOU THINKING?" The problem is, we end up paying the price when people who think coerced cooperation is virtuous get the power to impose their will on us.

Yup. Not sure who is running the show at the RNC but that group need an overhaul worse than the Bills FO. They would have won the Senate last time if they hadn't given away Reid and Biden's seats with the same kind of blithering idiocy by the candidates.

Which of course begs the question, how are these idiots getting nominated in the first place?

Yup. Not sure who is running the show at the RNC but that group need an overhaul worse than the Bills FO. They would have won the Senate last time if they hadn't given away Reid and Biden's seats with the same kind of blithering idiocy by the candidates.

Which of course begs the question, how are these idiots getting nominated in the first place?

Insularity--living in a bubble with only people like yourself, so much so that you become so out of touch with mainstream America and don't understand what you can or cannot say. Remember the George Allen (thank God that idiot lost) "Macaca" moment? When he said something so obviously offensive/racist he was laughing and smiling among his brethren. Kind of like PPP (the insularity, not the racism, although that does appear sometimes unfortunately)....

Since it appears to be the republican party that is nominating them perhaps you should take some time to look at that party.

And then he needs at least 3 other toss up states.....ain't gonna happen.

I don't know who 'you guys' means but I don't ever recall anyone (total morons excluded) stating the bad economy was Obama's fault so nice try with that strawman. And no, when it finally recovers it will not be because of Obama or any other politician.

If you are still uninformed enough to think economies rise and fall based on the President, well, I guess you have a lot of company in this country.

American Liberalism is dead too. They really ought to come up with a new word to descibe the modern crowd that believes an all-powerful government and whatever crumbs they toss off the table is preferable to individual freedom and achievement.

Wow, I don't even know where to begin taking this pile of bull **** apart. I'm sorry you feel this way about half of America that isn't stupid enough to buy the **** our GOP brothers and sisters are selling. It must hurt to live in a world where you think everything is being taken from you.

I don't mention ashes and bullets with endorsment, but rather as the sad realization that we're on an inevitable path leading there.

We're not. If you study history, there is nothing special happening politically right now. People are just as angry as they were in 1910 and 1960. There were no revolutions then and will be none in the future.

We're not. If you study history, there is nothing special happening politically right now. People are just as angry as they were in 1910 and 1960. There were no revolutions then and will be none in the future.

You're examining to small a statistical sample.

Look at the larger sample. Examine, especially, political division and animosity such that we're experiencing.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.....

I'm really not sure why you'd be all that happy about this or how you defend the decision. It's kind of like resigning Chan for 4 more years because you don't like the coordinator that would have replaced him.