Who amongst us has attended a Presidential Rally in Person?

Nanker

I went to the Romney rally in Yardley, PA last night. It was quite a scene, and I'm glad I went. I've never attended a Presidential rally before. Just wondering how many here have made the effort to go to one - regardless of political affiliation.

One of Mitt's quotes from his speech: Winston Churchill said, "The Americans will always do the right thing... after they've exhausted all the alternatives."

I met John Kerry when he was running, his team set-up a mock interview stage in my office area- they never used it, it was kind of crazy- I also met Ted Kennedy when he was here for the DNC...he was very nice, and very sincere... even remebered my name when we said goodbye a few days later.

But I have never attended a rally... I have this thing during the day called a Job that keep sme away...

Oh, wait- there was rally I could see outside my window when Hilllary was running in the primary, does that count?

Edited by B-Large

I met John Kerry when he was running, his team set-up a mock interview stage in my office area- they never used it, it was kind of crazy- I also met Ted Kennedy when he was here for the DNC...he was very nice, and very sincere... even remebered my name when we said goodbye a few days later.

But I have never attended a rally... I have this thing during the day called a Job that keep sme away...

Oh, wait- there was rally I could see outside my window when Hilllary was running in the primary, does that count?

Rally I went to was in the evening the night before the election. Didn't miss a minute of work. :P Last campaign stop before heading back to his home base.

No interest in that sprt of thing. I've seem some forum speeches from both Bush and Clinton fairly recently where they aren't campaigning and just talk about whatever...those were good. Bush is hilarious.

Edited by TheNewBills

Rally I went to was in the evening the night before the election. Didn't miss a minute of work. :P Last campaign stop before heading back to his home base.

Meh, afterwork it my time... just lazy I guess... if I am not at work, I am in the woodshop

When I was young, and largely because going meant no school that day, my buddy and I saw VP Bush at a mall. It was ridiculous in terms of being energized. I had never seen anything like it. I went in thinking I was just getting over, and, I was more interested in the secret service guy that I saw trying to be sneaky on the roof. I stared right at him, and he looked right at me and smiled, since apparently I was the only one who saw him.

But, later, when Bush started talking and the crowd started going off, I looked over at my buddy and he was going off, then...I realized that I was too. :o It was surreal. Half of me was cheering and clapping, and the other half was asking: "WTF are you doing, tool?" I determined that I didn't like this at all. I also determined that it would never happen again.

That, and there's the 2000 RNC convention stories that I've told lots of times here. :lol: I still think asking a bunch of Republicans "Hey why are you all wearing blue sport coats? Did Kmart have sale?"...is :lol: I also had lots of fun asking them "Did you guys just get done performing? I heard the Texas Gay Men's choir was in town, how'd it go?"

Of course, we were bipartisan...my roommate, some neighbors and I...absolutely crushed the protestors on our block.

I should also note that I shook VP Hubert Humphrey's hand when he was beginning his campaign against Richard Nixon.

That was several lifetimes ago.

side note: I actually do a pretty good HHH vocal impression and was sorry to see him pass.