Fitzpatrick can't complete a pass in the air over 30 yards

He tried maybe once or twice today and they looked liked severly wounded ducks. We all knew he suffers in this category but this is by far his worst year in passing down field. You can't have success in the NFL if you can't take advantage of stacked boxes and defenses taking advantage of short zone coverages.

Even Trent Edwards was able to complete a long pass down the sideline once in a while and he was TERRIBLE!

This topic is true. We do indeed have a QB that cannot make all the throws that must be made.

Yes, but I would also suggest we do not really have the burner receivers to get open downfield. The Bills offense is built around quick strike throws to support Fitz. I still maintain that this offense including Fitz, with an average defense, would be good enough to get this team into the playoffs.

Yes, but I would also suggest we do not really have the burner receivers to get open downfield. The Bills offense is built around quick strike throws to support Fitz. I still maintain that this offense including Fitz, with an average defense, would be good enough to get this team into the playoffs.

False. We drafted the fastest WR in the 2012 draft. BTW Stevie Johnson is open downfield all the time. Maybe not 30 yards downfield but 15-25 yards downfield. He can't complete those passes either.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I would agree with this....but maybe with a 'good' defense... average might be pushing it

IF we were lucky and stayed healthy and caught breaks along the way and it was a typical year where 9 wins gets you in as that last ****ty wildcard team who gets beat right away...yes...it is conceivable that Fitz could lead us to that at best case scenario. That is basically the argument for Fitz.

Also the offense is just built around what Fitz can do, there is no actual reason other than "we can't do it" that we don't have a more attacking passing game. In fact, if our WRs, crap as they may be, could take advantage of the field a little more and make the D fear a deep threat...they would play better especially Stevie and hopefully TJ. Also, w/ a bigger stronger QB Chandler would do much better.

Bottom line, it's been over for quite some time. I will be absolutely disgusted if Fitz starts week 1 next year.

I would agree that Fitz isn't a surgeon with the deep ball but I really think 50% of the problem this year is that the deep ball play isn't called.

I would rather see missed deep throws than none at all.

The play isn't called because the QB can't throw over 10 yards accurately. Every time we go deep, I sigh. It's either overthrown by 5 or 10 yards or its picked. Our playbook is limited to 1-10 yard passes because of our inept QB. He looked good throwing the 1-10 yard passes today. Too bad that's all he can do.

The play isn't called because the QB can't throw over 10 yards accurately. Every time we go deep, I sigh. It's either overthrown by 5 or 10 yards or its picked. Our playbook is limited to 1-10 yard passes because of our inept QB. He looked good throwing the 1-10 yard passes today. Too bad that's all he can do.

I probably agree... but.... you have to at least try it. The defense must at least believe that the ball could go 40 yards and maybe by chance accidentally hit somewhere near the receiver.

Wrong game to criticize Fitz. He played great. There were at least three passes dropped that would have went for first downs and they were all easy catches to make. Schaub threw one pass over thirty yards. Fitz played well enough to win. Not to mention he took some vicious shots and kept getting back up.

Wrong game to criticize Fitz. He played great. There were at least three passes dropped that would have went for first downs and they were all easy catches to make. Schaub threw one pass over thirty yards. Fitz played well enough to win. Not to mention he took some vicious shots and kept getting back up.

he played better today compared to previous games. i would not say he played 'great'. i think we can interpret this game as 'great' only in comparison to the stinkers he's laid the this season.

the good news is we don't need to draft or sign a WR this offseason - the problem is the QB. whenever one of them gets open deep, which has not been infrequent, fitz cannot get it to them. the scenario you have to envision - what would brees, brady, rodgers do with our receiving corp of graham, nelson, jones, johnson?

Low standard for greatness.