October jobless rate ticks up to 7.9%

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splendid! Where does my 30 year old daughter who moved back home in June after being unemployed for over a year go to apply for one of these jobs?

How fantastic that the numbers are favorable.

What the !@#$ does that mean for the tens of millions of Americans that have been chronically unemployed for the past four years?

Yet unemployment is still higher than when he took over, even with the fudged jobs numbers.

And? The economy was in freefall when he took office. Nothing could have stopped it.

Fudged numbers? What?? Is everything a conspiracy here with the President?

People findng this report to be good news are the same people who find the upside to an 8-8 season. Is there a good tibbit or two? Sure. Is it good news? Only if things have sucked too long.

What would be good numbers to you? And how do we achieve those levels?

You don't really want an answer to that do you?

First and foremost get rid of Obama and his share the wealth redistribution programs and his anti fossil fuel EPA regulations.

Is this a joke? Good news for Obama? As a small business owner whose client base is 90% small businesses, I can tell you that the companies that are hiring -- which are still way too few -- are a bit more positive because they believe President Obama's time is up.

If Obama wins re-election, those numbers won't change and I wouldn't be surprised if they go back into the 8s. If Romney wins, you'll see a surge of optimism. But I'm sure liberals will say it was Obama's policies that worked and Romney's going to benefit from them.

Businesses hire based on their feelings about who is running (or going to run) government at federal, state and local levels. Ultimately, for small businesses, it's about the government staying out of the way.

You don't really want an answer to that do you?

First and foremost get rid of Obama and his share the wealth redistribution programs and his anti fossil fuel EPA regulations.

Sharing the wealth. Cool catchphrase!

What kind of numbers would you like to see right now?

Is this a joke? Good news for Obama? As a small business owner whose client base is 90% small businesses, I can tell you that the companies that are hiring -- which are still way too few -- are a bit more positive because they believe President Obama's time is up.

If Obama wins re-election, those numbers won't change and I wouldn't be surprised if they go back into the 8s. If Romney wins, you'll see a surge of optimism. But I'm sure liberals will say it was Obama's policies that worked and Romney's going to benefit from them.

Businesses hire based on their feelings about who is running (or going to run) government at federal, state and local levels. Ultimately, for small businesses, it's about the government staying out of the way.

That's a terrible way to run a business. You would think you would hire based off of sales numbers or increased demand...

I think we would all be happy if the number was 5.4%. You know, the number Obama said it would be at today if we just managed to get his money-laundering stimulus passed? Remember that? No, probably not.

The first step to achieving lower unemployment is to get Obama out of office. I own a small business and my clients are larger small businesses and while things crawl along, they will never get much better than they are now because private business owners know that Obama has the business skills of a mop.

Sharing the wealth. Cool catchphrase!

What kind of numbers would you like to see right now?

That's a terrible way to run a business. You would think you would hire based off of sales numbers or increased demand...

Obviously businesses with solid sales forecasts and demand are going to hire no matter what, but there are too many business that could hire now that simply won't because they want to know the direction the country is going in.

Additionally, the real unemployment rate would be 10.6% if the workforce population was the same as it was the day Obama took over. What happened to that 2.7%? I'm sure only a tiny percentage of them are actually retired.

Splendid! Where does my 30 year old daughter who moved back home in June after being unemployed for over a year go to apply for one of these jobs?

How fantastic that the numbers are favorable.

What the !@#$ does that mean for the tens of millions of Americans that have been chronically unemployed for the past four years?

Could it be that they are a bunch of free-loaders looking for handouts? :rolleyes:

I think we would all be happy if the number was 5.4%. You know, the number Obama said it would be at today if we just managed to get his money-laundering stimulus passed? Remember that? No, probably not.

The first step to achieving lower unemployment is to get Obama out of office. I own a small business and my clients are larger small businesses and while things crawl along, they will never get much better than they are now because private business owners know that Obama has the business skills of a mop.

And it might be, if he had gotten the "money laundering" stimulus package he had wanted!

And? The economy was in freefall when he took office. Nothing could have stopped it.

Fudged numbers? What?? Is everything a conspiracy here with the President?

You are learning.

And it might be, if he had gotten the "money laundering" stimulus package he had wanted!

And what was stopping him from getting the money-laundering stimulus he wanted, Mr. Krugman? Please...we all need to know what stopped a president who had full control of everything that first month?

Most of these jobs, including that suspicious 600K jobs added in September, are part-time or seasonal jobs. You can't make a living off of a part-time job, or a seasonal job once the season has ended. But it's funny to hear the defense of the uptick in unemployment as being because more people entered the work force. :rolleyes:

Most of these jobs, including that suspicious 600K jobs added in September, are part-time or seasonal jobs. You can't make a living off of a part-time job, or a seasonal job once the season has ended. But it's funny to hear the defense of the uptick in unemployment as being because more people entered the work force. :rolleyes:

600k was not added in September. Don't where you heard that. And, I'm sure you have the data on if these jobs are part-time or seasonal...