Big Ben hopes 2004 QB draft class seen as best ever

kenny3000

Ah ha, ah ha. Want to laugh? Last sentence.

"As I've gotten older, it's more neat to see (Manning's) success, to see him getting two Super Bowls, because I think it just adds to the legacy of our draft class," Roethlisberger told Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger. "And all four quarterbacks -- Matt Schaub, Philip (Rivers), myself and Eli -- that were drafted there. I hope we can play well enough that one day they talk about us as maybe the best quarterback draft class of all time."

It certainly was one of the more interesting drafts of recent years. After Manning was taken first overall by San Diego, the New York Giants selected Rivers with the fourth pick and worked out a trade with the Chargers to essentially flip quarterbacks. Big Ben then went to the Steelers with the 11th pick, and Schaub went in the third round to the Atlanta Falcons. Less enticing: J.P. Losman, taken No. 22 overall by the Buffalo Bills.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000088497/big-ben-hopes-2004-qb-class-seen-as-best-ever/

Eli = HoFer

Roethlisburger = HoFer

If Schuab takes Houston to SB possible HoFer

RiverS fringe HoFer. Career trajectory might take to another city then he might make it a SB and the HoF

JP Lossman = atleast Marv was trying to be relevant although he was clearly a 3rd round QB.

Eli = HoFer

Roethlisburger = HoFer

RiverS fringe HoFer. Career trajectory might take to another city then he might make it a SB and the HoF

JP Lossman = atleast Marv was trying to be relevant although he was clearly a 3rd round QB.

crayonz?????

I don't see any reason why Phillip Rivers would even be mentioned in the same sentence as the HOF....he has absolutely nothing on his resume.

Marv?

Eli = HoFer

Roethlisburger = HoFer

Eli- pretty close to a lock already

Roethlisberger- a lock already

Schaub- are you insane?

Rivers- see: Schaub

Losman- has about the same chance of making the Hall of Fame as Schaub and Rivers

Please realize that making a Super Bowl doesn't get you admission to the Hall of Fame. Donovan McNabb has a better chance of making the Hall of Fame than either of those guys with a ring. Rivers is already past his prime and Schaub is really a game manager with a hell of a team around him.

Eli- pretty close to a lock already

Roethlisberger- a lock already

Schaub- are you insane?

Rivers- see: Schaub

Losman- has about the same chance of making the Hall of Fame as Schaub and Rivers

Please realize that making a Super Bowl doesn't get you admission to the Hall of Fame. Donovan McNabb has a better chance of making the Hall of Fame than either of those guys with a ring. Rivers is already past his prime and Schaub is really a game manager with a hell of a team around him.

JP Losman has a 0% chance of making it into the hall of fame. Schaub and Rivers are starting, winning quarterbacks. Their chance of HOF = possible in the realm of Earth.

McNabb? Over Eli and Ben? I thought you lost me before, but now definitely..

I don't see any reason why Phillip Rivers would even be mentioned in the same sentence as the HOF....he has absolutely nothing on his resume.

Marv?

Stats wise Philip Rivers is the most consistantly impressive QB of his generation.

I'm not saying he is a HoF now. I'm saying he is in the Fringe if he puts together a run to the Super Bowl.

Schuab is far less likely but if the Texans win the next two Super Bowls then he will be a HoF. Every multiple super bowl winning QB automatically goes into the HoF.

Rivers is not past his prime. When he is 36 he'll be past his prime. He is in his prime now. Just lost VJax, LT--, Sproles & Turner.

"As I've gotten older, it's more neat to see (Manning's) success, to see him getting two Super Bowls, because I think it just adds to the legacy of our draft class," Roethlisberger told Jenny Vrentas of The Star-Ledger. "And all four quarterbacks -- Matt Schaub, Philip (Rivers), myself and Eli -- that were drafted there. I hope we can play well enough that one day they talk about us as maybe the best quarterback draft class of all time."

It certainly was one of the more interesting drafts of recent years. After Manning was taken first overall by San Diego, the New York Giants selected Rivers with the fourth pick and worked out a trade with the Chargers to essentially flip quarterbacks. Big Ben then went to the Steelers with the 11th pick, and Schaub went in the third round to the Atlanta Falcons. Less enticing: J.P. Losman, taken No. 22 overall by the Buffalo Bills.

http://m.nfl.com/new...n-as-best-ever/

That class already has twice as many Lombardi Trophys as the 1983 class has.

Exaggeration is the tool of those who have no confidence in their argument.

Have you heard of Ken Stabler, Superbowl winning QB for the Oakland Raiders?

Ken Stabler wasn't a multiple Super Bowl winning QB, although he should be in the HOF already. Plunkett was a multiple Super Bowl winning QB for the Raiders.

Nothing wrong with this....not fact as of current day but certainly not a proclamation or guarantee on Ben's part. "adds...hope...one day....maybe"

Class of '83....hands down. But Ben's comment is not a ridiculous statement.

Eli = HoFer

Roethlisburger = HoFer

Marv didn't draft JP Losman.

GO BILLS!!!

Exaggeration is the tool of those who have no confidence in their argument.

Have you heard of Ken Stabler, Superbowl winning QB for the Oakland Raiders?

English is the tool of choice on this board.

Read my statement again and see if it applies to Ken Stabler? Specifically the "multiple" piece.

Nothing wrong with this....not fact as of current day but certainly not a proclamation or guarantee on Ben's part. "adds...hope...one day....maybe"

Class of '83....hands down. But Ben's comment is not a ridiculous statement.

In terms of HOF QBs, yes the class of '83 is hard to beat.

But Big Ben's class already has more rings.

GO BILLS!!!

Big Ben will get another SB, Manning, too. Rivers will relocate, he will have to, god wouldn't he look good up in San Fran? Schuab is a fringe top of his decade QB which doesn't punch a ticket to Canton.

Could the 2004 class be the best QB class of all time? It could. Craig Krenzel, anyone?