Big Ben hopes 2004 QB draft class seen as best ever

kenny3000

JP Losman has a 0% chance of making it into the hall of fame. Schaub and Rivers are starting, winning quarterbacks. Their chance of HOF = possible in the realm of Earth.

McNabb? Over Eli and Ben? I thought you lost me before, but now definitely..

I can see how you misinterpreted what I said. I meant McNabb has a better chance at the Hall of Fame than Schaub or Rivers even if they won a ring.

I can see how you misinterpreted what I said. I meant McNabb has a better chance at the Hall of Fame than Schaub or Rivers even if they won a ring.

McNabb is a footnote in the recent era of the NFL accentuated by Rush Limbaugh's comments and perpetuated by the black QB issue we have all come to see. Was he good? Yes, in an era where the QB flourished and with a coach that runs QB's in to the ground. He is also the reason you never take a QB coached by Reid on your roster, because if he had anything at all Reid squeezed every drop out he could and your team won't ever be as good at is as he is...and he just might have left you with a carcass of a QB you wanted (McNabb in Washington).

Does McNabb deserve the HOF? I don't know, much like is being done with a lot of QB's, history is rewritten after they hang their cleats up.

Stats wise Philip Rivers is the most consistantly impressive QB of his generation.

I'm not saying he is a HoF now. I'm saying he is in the Fringe if he puts together a run to the Super Bowl.

I have a problem with strictly stat guys getting into the hall of fame. It's a team game, and yeah, sometimes you can make a really strong case for a guy who put up great numbers with little team success, but I tend to put a little more weight on the "success" thing when it comes to the QB position. No other position comes close in terms of opportunity to impact the outcome of a game than the QB. Rivers has a LOT of talent around him, and he has had for some years now. I happen to think Norv is a big part of the problem, but I don't see any reason why this team should not have had more post-season success. I think when you say you view him as a fringe player at this point, that is very fair...I agree.