The Bills had a good year

Peter

I wish the cry babies on this board would get a grip. It seems like so many of you enjoy it more when we lose so that you can post your personal diatribes on this board and tell us how the sky is falling.

I swear that some of you hated our winning streak and could not wait for another Bills loss so that you could blame everything including tsunamis on Drew Bledsoe.

The fact of the matter is that the Bills had a good year. None of us expected this team to go to the Superbowl and guess what, they didn't. After going 0-4 (and losing some very close games), the team battled back to finish with a winning record and almost made the playoffs.

It is something to build on. Try to see the big picture. I fully expect this team to continue to improve and be in the playoffs next year. I like where Mularkey is taking this team. And, like it or not, if Mularkey believes that Drew gives us the best chance to win next year, I am all for it.

We should be proud of how the guys battled back. I enjoyed it. Notwithstanding the loss yesterday, I also was happy to watch the first meaningful January Bills game in a long time.

Just my two cents.

I expected this team would improve three years ago. I'm getting little tired of waiting and hope

And for all you that may have lost sight of the goal, it's about winning championships. It's not about improving, it's not about making the playoffs, it's about WINNING THE DAMN SUPERBOWL. If I just wanted to make the playoff I could be a Dolphins fan.

The reality is, we're light years away.

Anything else is irrelevant.

Something to build on.

The big picture.

Plan for the future.

Wow, we should have started saying things like that in 1995. We probably would have made it places by now!!!

Oh, and:

"I wish the cry babies on this board would get a grip. It seems like so many of you enjoy it more when we lose so that you can post your personal diatribes on this board and tell us how the sky is falling."

Are you serious? The reason for our tirades is because of the loss. We hate it. We can't stand it.

Without the playoffs, this WAS NOT a successful season, as much as everyone wants to say it is. We won 6 in a row. Whipty frigging s-it. When the chips were down, we folded. Couldn't beat a team of never-was thrid stringers.

I wish the cry babies on this board would get a grip.  It seems like so many of you enjoy it more when we lose so that you can post your personal diatribes on this board and tell us how the sky is falling. 

I swear that some of you hated our winning streak and could not wait for another Bills loss so that you could blame everything including tsunamis on Drew Bledsoe.

The fact of the matter is that the Bills had a good year.  None of us expected this team to go to the Superbowl and guess what, they didn't.  After going 0-4 (and losing some very close games), the team battled back to finish with a winning record and almost made the playoffs.

It is something to build on.  Try to see the big picture.  I fully expect this team to continue to improve and be in the playoffs next year.  I like where Mularkey is taking this team.  And, like it or not, if Mularkey believes that Drew gives us the best chance to win next year, I am all for it. 

We should be proud of how the guys battled back.  I enjoyed it.  Notwithstanding the loss yesterday, I also was happy to watch the first meaningful January Bills game in a long time.

Just my two cents.

190787[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% We put together a solid final 2/3 of the season. I for one am not at all ashamed of going 9-3 over the last 12. Most didn't have us doing anything this year anyway and we surprised a lot of people. New coaching staff and many new faces and we did well. Does it sting that we missed the playoffs this year? Yes it does but did we end the season with many positives to grow on for next year? Yes to that as well. Thank you Bills for at least making the season exciting and giving me a reason to watch or listen on Sundays.

Something to build on.

The big picture.

Plan for the future.

Wow, we should have started saying things like that in 1995. We probably would have made it places by now!!!

Oh, and:

"I wish the cry babies on this board would get a grip. It seems like so many of you enjoy it more when we lose so that you can post your personal diatribes on this board and tell us how the sky is falling."

Are you serious? The reason for our tirades is because of the loss. We hate it. We can't stand it.

Without the playoffs, this WAS NOT a successful season, as much as everyone wants to say it is. We won 6 in a row. Whipty frigging s-it. When the chips were down, we folded. Couldn't beat a team of never-was thrid stringers.

190805[/snapback]

That is a bunch of stevestojan, but I suppose I should not be surprised.

A year ago, we fired our coach and for good reason. We were heading nowhere fast. We started the season 0-4. Yet, we battled back. We are in a lot better shape than we were a year ago. If you cannot see that, we disagree.

You guys can continue to whine if that makes you feel better. One of the best things about our winning streak is that the people with their personal agendas were muted.

That is a bunch of stevestojan, but I suppose I should not be surprised.

A year ago, we fired our coach and for good reason.  We were heading nowhere fast.  We started the season 0-4.  Yet, we battled back.  We are in a lot better shape than we were a year ago.  If you cannot see that, we disagree.

You guys can continue to whine if that makes you feel better.  One of the best thing about our winning streak is that the people with their personal agendas were muted.

190831[/snapback]

I don't have a personal agenda.

I admitted Bledsoe played better during those 6 games.

But when the pressure was on (by more than likely 5 guys from Pittsburgh's practice squad, he, like half the team, collapsed).

Successful? No. The players will be watching the playoffs on TV. NOT successful.

I wish the cry babies on this board would get a grip.  It seems like so many of you enjoy it more when we lose so that you can post your personal diatribes on this board and tell us how the sky is falling. 

The fact of the matter is that the Bills had a good year.  None of us expected this team to go to the Superbowl and guess what, they didn't.  After going 0-4 (and losing some very close games), the team battled back to finish with a winning record and almost made the playoffs.

It is something to build on.  Try to see the big picture.  I fully expect this team to continue to improve and be in the playoffs next year.  I like where Mularkey is taking this team.  And, like it or not, if Mularkey believes that Drew gives us the best chance to win next year, I am all for it. 

We should be proud of how the guys battled back.  I enjoyed it.  Notwithstanding the loss yesterday, I also was happy to watch the first meaningful January Bills game in a long time.

Just my two cents.

190787[/snapback]

I say the Bills had an improved year, or a better year than they had last year. I would not equate a "good" year with not making the playoffs. I agree with you about the resiliency and the other positives. And I agree that 9-3 for the last 12 is good, but 0-4 surely is not.

Just my two cents.

190787[/snapback]

I agree. When we were 0-4, I wonder how many people would have said that we've got a chance to make the playoffs at week 17.

I agree.  When we were 0-4, I wonder how many people would have said that we've got a chance to make the playoffs at week 17.

190963[/snapback]

Ok, but if when we were 0-4, and you would have asked me "Steve, would you be happy if we went into week 17 with a chance still at the playoffs and lost an embarrassing game to all of Pittsburgh's backups - would you be happy?"

I think you know the answer to that.

I'd rather have gone 0-16 and got the #1 pick that call this a good season.

Ok, but if when we were 0-4, and you would have asked me "Steve, would you be happy if we went into week 17 with a chance still at the playoffs and lost an embarrassing game to all of Pittsburgh's backups - would you be happy?"

I think you know the answer to that.

I'd rather have gone 0-16 and got the #1 pick that call this a good season.

190968[/snapback]

If that happened, everyone would be complaining that we traded our #1 for JPL.

We had a good season. Winning record, game out of the playoffs. Our defense comes back next year almost intact (with the possible exception of PW). The offense comes back almost intact (with the possible exception of Marcus Price and Jennings). Vegas had our over/under at 7.5 games. Can't complain.

As for Mike's comment about the only thing that matters is winning championships -- I guess the Bills suck because they've never won an NFL championship. If it hasn't happened in the first 30+ years, why should it happen now, right?

CW

I'm sorry but you can't lose at home to the Steeler's JV team giving away 16 points with the season on the line and say we had a good year. That loss was THAT bad.

190840[/snapback]

I feel the same way. Yesterday's loss was so bad I have to question the entire winning streak; was the whole resurgence just an illusion? We still act like a team that can't handle a punch in the face.

If we really folded because Lindell missed that FG, we were never that good.

Wrong! We went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. It doesn't really matter HOW we got to 9-7 it's all the same. Maybe if we're in the NFC 9-7 is a playoff berth and reasonably successful season. But looking at what we have to compete with in the AFC, this seaon as a whole was not good enough. Better than recent years, yes. A success? Let's see, we stumbled out of the gate, fought back, then **** the collective bed against mostly backups in a home game that meant our season. That as a whole is a failure.

This was Greggo's team prior to 2004. It took MM approximately 5 games to get things on the right track. BUT, it's still going to take some more time to get the final tweaks worked out.

I like what I see. Willis, Lee, Moulds, Aiken, McGee, Williams (Pat & Mike),Schobel etc. And how about the contributions of Freddie Smith, Trafford, Jason Peters, Mario Haggan just to name a few. The dead weight was dumped right after that Pats loss (Bobby Shaw) and I'm sure more will be dumped in the upcoming offseason. Lindell.

MM deserves praise. He's earned the respect of his players and his coaches. And most importantly in our minds, the fans.

As much as you guys want to B word, you haven't had a team go better than 8-8 since 1999. It's now 2005 folks and that's the first year under the leadership of MM.

With that many Steeler Fans there the writing is on the wall.  The future may be in LosAngeles or Toronto.  You must take advantage of opportunities when they're there!  Next year is a long way off and things change! :)

191003[/snapback]

oh good god. Not this garbage again.

I guess the Bills suck because they've never won an NFL championship.  If it hasn't happened in the first 30+ years, why should it happen now, right?

190975[/snapback]

You're pretty close with that.

All I want is a Championship. I want to gloat. I want to lord it over everybody.

Why? Because for the balance of their 40+ years as a football tem, the Bills have been doormats.

I feel the same way.  Yesterday's loss was so bad I have to question the entire winning streak; was the whole resurgence just an illusion?  We still act like a team that can't handle a punch in the face.

If we really folded because Lindell missed that FG, we were never that good.

190992[/snapback]

I know.......I feel the same way.......It was easy to defend those who said we really didn't bean anyone all that good, because we weren't just beating them.....we were kicking the hell out of them. I thought maybe that streak was just what the doctor ordered to give us the time we needed to come out of the other side a more mature, more aggressive, more cohesive team. All that was shot down yesterday. How many meaningful games have we had in the past four seasons now? And of those, how many have we won? How many "good" teams have we beaten? FOUR SEASONS......there is too much damn talent on this team to have it go to waste. We need a spark, and that spark needs to be sought at the QB position.