So When The Bills Hit The 3-6 Mark

Once they hit the the 3-6 mark, who could get the experience on defense that has not got a look yet? Isn't Brooks ready to come back soon? Get Mario the surgery, play Brooks, Merriman, who else? If effort is truly been the problem, I say you send a big message for the second half of the season. If Kelsay and Moore are showing the most effort, maybe there are other guys that can step up.

As far ast the offensive side of the ball, it is time to get Chandler back in the game and really make the most of Graham. If that means getting Tavaris activated, so be it. This team needs to start playing for 2013 because this defense is just brutal. At the very least, find out which players are going to be part of the team that finally gets a look at the playoffs.....

I fully expect 3-6 at this point. Stealing one of the next two games would be a huge bonus.

If they hit 3-7 (losing to Miami at home) is when I would expect the wheels to fall off and the team to enter into yet another extended preseason mode.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Also, how about Jon Beason if he loses his position to Kuechly. Does not look like he will play weakside so he could be ripe for the picking. This could REALLY be a step in the right direction....

http://profootballta...y-headed-to-ir/

Last year achilles, this season shoulder problems, now knee surgery....big risk. Joining the Bills is the kiss of death for injury prone players it seems.

When the Bills hit 3-6, I expect them to go on a tear and win the next 6 in a row. And with a playoff berth on the line, they lose to the Jets at home in week 17 (intsert devil face emoticon here). That is the only way they can break our hearts any further this season.

Edited by Smiley Dear

When the Bills hit 3-6, I expect them to go on a tear and win the next 6 in a row. And with a playoff berth on the line, they lose to the Jets at home in week 17 :devil: . That is the only way they can break our hearts any further this season.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Billsrhody

At 3-6 they’ll be hosting Miami on the national Thursday night game so they have the opportunity to turn things around in front of the entire football world or get embarrassed if they continue to play in the manner seen to date. A slide to 3-7 would pretty much close the book on talk of contending for a playoff spot.

Then we’ll be faced with discussing the merits of finishing strong or losing out and getting a better draft position for a shot at one of the ‘franchise QB’ prospects. Along with speculating on the next GM and Head Coach which will probably be disappointing choices to most here and lead to another 3 years of futility as ‘groundhog day’ continues for Bills fans.

As disappointing as this team has been so far, reading these threads have usually cheered me up. The bellyaching and woe is me attitude amongst people with no skin in the game is pretty funny. Common sense should have told people that with all the starters coming back from season ending injuries combined with young players in a new defensive scheme that this season was going to be rough. For those of you wanting Wanny fired I suggest you take a look at Perry Fewell's vanilla scheme growing pains with the Giants who have more talent on defense than the Bills do. For those of you who understand what they see without a 3rd party explanation Belichek is running a vanilla 4-3 scheme as well. The rules favor the offenses too much for defensive cleverness to be the linchpin of success anymore. Dick LeBeau's zone blitz scheme offers nothing new these days and the good teams use the spread to expose it. 8 guys in coverage should make it virtually impossible to convert 3rd and long. As much as I love heavy blitz schemes you need instant pressure or your toast. Until this team can handle a simple defensive game plan I fail to see how they could possibly manage a more complex one. If you're failing algebra you don't jump into calculus. The rules and current trends favor the spread offense vs. the nickel. Look at some of the big half time collapse this year. The teams down by a few scores late in the game turn to the hurry-up spread, start to pass and run out of it and the D that shut them down gets exposed. I am not saying that fans should not be disappointed but crying about it everyday just seems silly.

As disappointing as this team has been so far, reading these threads have usually cheered me up. The bellyaching and woe is me attitude amongst people with no skin in the game is pretty funny. Common sense should have told people that with all the starters coming back from season ending injuries combined with young players in a new defensive scheme that this season was going to be rough. For those of you wanting Wanny fired I suggest you take a look at Perry Fewell's vanilla scheme growing pains with the Giants who have more talent on defense than the Bills do. For those of you who understand what they see without a 3rd party explanation Belichek is running a vanilla 4-3 scheme as well. The rules favor the offenses too much for defensive cleverness to be the linchpin of success anymore. Dick LeBeau's zone blitz scheme offers nothing new these days and the good teams use the spread to expose it. 8 guys in coverage should make it virtually impossible to convert 3rd and long. As much as I love heavy blitz schemes you need instant pressure or your toast. Until this team can handle a simple defensive game plan I fail to see how they could possibly manage a more complex one. If you're failing algebra you don't jump into calculus. The rules and current trends favor the spread offense vs. the nickel. Look at some of the big half time collapse this year. The teams down by a few scores late in the game turn to the hurry-up spread, start to pass and run out of it and the D that shut them down gets exposed. I am not saying that fans should not be disappointed but crying about it everyday just seems silly.

I just think it would be smart to get some of the guys who may have talent on the field without having to worry about mistakes. This offense NEEDS to have Graham, Chandler and Stevie more involved. If Fitz can't do that, put in someone and see. For the secondary or LBs, try some things out and they may be suprised. Moore is really stepping up and I am very curious to see Brooks.....

I fully expect 3-6 at this point. Stealing one of the next two games would be a huge bonus.

If they hit 3-7 (losing to Miami at home) is when I would expect the wheels to fall off and the team to enter into yet another extended preseason mode.

Lets hope it doesn't get to that.

I only expect them to win maybe 2 more games 6 at best, so 6-10. Yeah Big improvement from last season...

What I really don't understand is why is that Buffalo is NEVER the team to pull the big upset? I mean, can anyone honestly see the Bills not getting wiped up by the Texans and Patriots. Even the super crappy teams end up pulling off a major effort and upset someone once in a while. I think winning in Houston would be as possible as winning the Super Bowl - this is the NFL right?

At 3-6 they’ll be hosting Miami on the national Thursday night game so they have the opportunity to turn things around in front of the entire football world or get embarrassed if they continue to play in the manner seen to date. A slide to 3-7 would pretty much close the book on talk of contending for a playoff spot.

Then we’ll be faced with discussing the merits of finishing strong or losing out and getting a better draft position for a shot at one of the ‘franchise QB’ prospects. Along with speculating on the next GM and Head Coach which will probably be disappointing choices to most here and lead to another 3 years of futility as ‘groundhog day’ continues for Bills fans.

I love the "Ground Hog day" train of thought.. But that is what it has been..

Our defense is on track to be the worst D ever in the history of the NFL. At what point do you replace Wanny? 3 - 7 or 3-8 perhaps? It's a shame that we have such a terrible DC.

I was going to go to the Miami game but now I don't feel that this team has put forth the effort to earn my time & money. If we had fired Wanny and benched Fitz, I would consider going but as this team stands right now - they are not deserving.

Once they hit the the 3-6 mark, who could get the experience on defense that has not got a look yet? Isn't Brooks ready to come back soon? Get Mario the surgery, play Brooks, Merriman, who else? If effort is truly been the problem, I say you send a big message for the second half of the season. If Kelsay and Moore are showing the most effort, maybe there are other guys that can step up.

As far ast the offensive side of the ball, it is time to get Chandler back in the game and really make the most of Graham. If that means getting Tavaris activated, so be it. This team needs to start playing for 2013 because this defense is just brutal. At the very least, find out which players are going to be part of the team that finally gets a look at the playoffs.....

You ask like its a sure thing...i feel sorry you have to live your life that way...

You ask like its a sure thing...i feel sorry you have to live your life that way...

Uhh, yea - that's how I live my life. I have chosen not to let the Bills sour my mood any longer so actuuualy, i am pretty upbeat and positive about things I can control. The Bills have proven to be an utter failure year after year sooo not really to worried about it. As far as a sure thing, it is about as close you can get with the way these guys play.

Also, how about Jon Beason if he loses his position to Kuechly. Does not look like he will play weakside so he could be ripe for the picking. This could REALLY be a step in the right direction....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/24/jon-beason-likely-needs-knee-surgery-headed-to-ir/

Stay away from an injury prone, high priced MLB. I like him, but I don't think it would end well, with him on the IR every year