Think the "victim mentality" ain't a problem? Read this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20025626

There's a lot of ways to look at this. The first, and obvious way is: WTF?

Yeah, we know that part.

However, a deeper analysis might be: this is what happens when "everyone is a victim of somebody" is allowed to run it's full course. Rather than being victims of the earthquake, these people are victims of these scientists? :lol:

Another? Perhaps this is what we should expect from a culture who has placed ALL its faith in the government? "All glory to the state" means...if ANYTHING bad happens, it's the government's fault. Perhaps it's time for you big government people to re-evaluate your position...or do you like the idea of "success or prison"? I though Il Duce was dead. :blink:

Yeah....tell us again how letting "progressives" run wild....doesn't end in fascism. :lol:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conservatives are the biggest crybabies there are. They are totally convinced they are victims of the government in way too many ways to mention, the media is victimizing them, the Federal Reserve, Hollywood is out to destroy their culture, the UN is trying to take away their freedom and on and on.

Poor little Conservatives, boo f'n hoo. !@#$s

streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetchhhhh

I'm curious...what makes any of the above analysis a stretch, and why?

Conservatives are the biggest crybabies there are. They are totally convinced they are victims of the government in way too many ways to mention, the media is victimizing them, the Federal Reserve, Hollywood is out to destroy their culture, the UN is trying to take away their freedom and on and on.

Poor little Conservatives, boo f'n hoo. !@#$s

See this is where you need to listen, because you really don't know.

The average conservative/libertarian doesn't think he/she is a victim, of anyone. No. They think the poor and middle class, the elderly, and African Americans, are victimized by your stupid ideas, and, they are tired of providing the $ for your F ups. :wallbash: They aren't afraid of you the way a victim would be. In fact, like most of this board, they think you, and most of the big government people, are morons. :lol:

Conservatives think the media have it in for them, because there are 10 examples a week. But, unlike liberals, they don't start suing people. Instead: Fox News now exists, so does 100s of other new media outlets that have been more competitive in the marketplace. I don't want to sue the media, or put them in jail, like a victim does. No. I want them exposed and ridiculed. Just like Dan Rather! :lol:

What do you know about the Fed? Not going to waste my time with yet another ignorant liberal.

Hollywood better stop victimizing themselves. :lol: They used to have a lot more power than they do now, when it came to influencing the culture. But, now, they are mostly running around the mall looking for what is cool :rolleyes:, rather than defining it. And the PC thing is a whole other story. I don't see how anyone is a victim of Hollywood, other than perhaps those conservatives who work there, their shareholders, or anybody who has to listen to Sean Penn for longer than 5 minutes. (That doesn't mean I will refrain from harassing them. There's just too much hilarity there. :lol:)

The last victim of the UN was Slobadan Milosevich. :lol: The UN has been an embarrassment since.

So there you have it. In each instance, conservatives/libertarians 99% of the time, don't go looking to blame other people. When they are wrong, they fix it. When they are right, they take on those who are messing with them, and kick their ass. That's not "victim/whine to the courts because you can't get it done at the ballot box" behavior.

That's what the weak, like you, do.

I'm curious...what makes any of the more competitive in the marketplace. I don't want to sue the media, or put them in jail, like a victim does. No. I want them exposed and ridiculed. Just like Dan Rather!What do you know about the Fed? Not going to waste my time with yet another ignorant liberal.

Hollywood better stop victimizing themselves. :lol: They used to have a lot more power than they do now, when it came to influencing the culture. But, now, they are mostly running around the mall looking for what is cool :rolleyes:, rather than defining it. And the PC thing is a whole other story. I don't see how anyone is a victim of Hollywood, other than perhaps those conservatives who work there, their shareholders, So there you have it. In each instance, conservatives/libertarians 99% of the time, don't go looking to blame other people. When they are wrong, they fix it. When they are right, they take on those who are messing with them, and kick their ass. That's not "victim/whine to the courts because you

Poor thing, now all you can do is complain, just like all "victims" do. Thanks for pointing out ridiculous the Conservatives arguments are, though. Ha!

I'm curious...what makes any of the above analysis a stretch, and why?

You mean other than the fact that you're drawing a false conclusion? Or maybe it's the fact that "victim mentality" -- however you wish to define it -- has nothing to do with this. Or maybe it's the fact that this is an alarming story -- but not in any way because of the things you bring up.

You're beyond stretching. You're inventing. And inventing poorly.

Poor thing, now all you can do is complain, just like all "victims" do. Thanks for pointing out ridiculous the Conservatives arguments are, though. Ha!

Wait, where was the "complain" in that? :blink: All I wrote about was saying little, and taking action. :blink: In 2010, did the TEA party...complain? Or, did they kick ass? Conversely, has Acorn, OWS and all of the rest of the lowest common denominator accomplished anything...or have they merely complained? about being victims? :lol: Who basically makes their living by complaining? Democrats/Unions...or everybody else? :lol:

Again, this is projection. Look up the psychological definition of projection, and come back when you are done.

Yeah, that is you, is it not?. That is what you are doing here, and pretty much everywhere else.

When you lie, it's: "no Mitt Romney is lying". When you distort your own record, it's: "no Mitt said he wanted to liquidate GM and he's distorting that".

Take anything Obama or Democrats have legitimately been stupid about/executed poorly in the last 4 years, and you will find a story about them trying to project that onto Romeny/Ryan/Rs. Many are so obtuse it's :lol:

You mean other than the fact that you're drawing a false conclusion? Or maybe it's the fact that "victim mentality" -- however you wish to define it -- has nothing to do with this. Or maybe it's the fact that this is an alarming story -- but not in any way because of the things you bring up.

You're beyond stretching. You're inventing. And inventing poorly.

Yes, but...HOW is it false? If is has nothing to do with it, then explain why. You don't see a ----> here?

You really don't see that:

IF the government has authority for all, then it has responsibility for all. Therefore, those that work for the government are held personally responsible, by those who who have ceded all of their personal responsibility to that government. And, therefore, the government has the responsibility to, and must, jail those that work for it who fail, because all personal responsibility has been ceded to it.

must be true?

The above is not a stretch...rather, it is a simple exercise in basic logic. Both the contrapositive and premise are = and therefore, true.

Show us if your critical thinking skills are any better than your proof-reading skills. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Wait, where was the "complain" in that? :blink: All I wrote about was saying little, and taking action. :blink: In 2010, did the TEA party...complain? Or, did they kick ass? Conversely, has Acorn, OWS and all of the rest of the lowest common denominator accomplished anything...or have they merely complained? about being victims? :lol: Who basically makes their living by complaining? Democrats/Unions...or everybody else? :lol:

Again, this is projection. Look up the psychological definition of projection, and come back when you are done.

Yeah, that is you, is it not?. That is what you are doing here, and pretty much everywhere else.

When you lie, it's: "no Mitt Romney is lying". When you distort your own record, it's: "no Mitt said he wanted to liquidate GM and he's distorting that".

Take anything Obama or Democrats have legitimately been stupid about/executed poorly in the last 4 years, and you will find a story about them trying to project that onto Romeny/Ryan/Rs. Many are so obtuse it's :lol:

Yes, but...HOW is it false? If is has nothing to do with it, then explain why. You don't see a ----> here?

You really don't see that:

IF the government has authority for all, then it has responsibility for all. Therefore, those that work for the government are held personally responsible, by those who who have ceded all of their personal responsibility to that government. And, therefore, the government has the responsibility to, and must, jail those that work for it who fail, because all personal responsibility has been ceded to it.

must be true?

The above is not a stretch...rather, it is a simple exercise in basic logic. Both the contrapositive and premise are = and therefore, true.

Show us if your critical thinking skills are any better than your proof-reading skills. :lol:

What was that popping noise I just heard?

The real issue in the Italy earthquake trial debacle is the scientific illiteracy among the general Italian public.

Here in the United States, we have that same problem. These days, the scientific illiterate are found predominantly among religious conservatives. You should be concerned about these idiots at least as much as you are about liberals who embrace the victim mentality.

The real issue in the Italy earthquake trial debacle is the scientific illiteracy among the general Italian public.

Here in the United States, we have that same problem. These days, the scientific illiterate are found predominantly among religious conservatives. You should be concerned about these idiots at least as much as you are about liberals who embrace the victim mentality.

Yet, somehow the God fearing nation the USA was/is managed to become the world leaders in scientific and technological innovation throughout its lifetime.

Take your bigotry and intolerance somewhere else, please.

Every once in awhile one of you George Soros disciples ventures over here for a drive-by misfire and then runs away and hides. If you had any balls you'd stick around and defend your positions instead of running away like the obvious coward you are.

This is why it's impossible to reason with liberals. You present a real and egregious example of government run awry and they either excuse it, rationalize it, or resort to relativism.

If the average liberal didn't view his government like a baby views his mom's tit we wouldn't have half the problems we do. But when the men in the society stop acting like men & start acting like a bunch of soft overly-emotional idealistic 13-year old girls on their period, & then take pride in being such a kitty by hiding under the false cloak of compassion (which is the exact opposite of what they exude) it's not long before the society collapses.