Trying to stay positive...

Yesterday's loss hurt so bad that it was hard for me to sleep. However, like in life I've tried to stay positive. (So I could sleep)

In order to do that I had to not just look at what's going with the bills but to also look at what's going right.

The positives I will take out yesterdays loss are these...

1) CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson, especially CJ Spiller, i don't think i can remember seeing a more electric player in a Bills uniform.

2) Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the D could of played halfway decent all we would be talking about is how great he looked (aside from the pick of course)

3) Stephon Gilmore. This guy is coming into his own and will be the lock down corner for years to come.

4) Our D Line will only get better, we have talent!!!

5) Our O Line, even with a banged up O line we were still able to create running lanes, this will only get better once Glen and Urbic come back healthy after the Bye week.

As far as the importance of that game, yes it was an important game, however, as i'm sure you all knew even before the season started there was ZERO chance this team could win the the super bowl and it was inevitable that our hearts would be broken at some point in the season...I think it just hurt so bad because we at least wanted to make the playoffs.

And this is why I still have hope (at least for the next two games)

If we can somehow split the next two games and come out of them with a 4 - 5 Record who out there doesn't believe we have a shot at making the playoffs? The AFC is in shambles and if we can somehow manage to gel together this team has a great chance at winning the AFC east and at the very least make the playoffs.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop. Please stop. Don't have any hope. Then you won't feel disgusted after the Bills loose the game in yet another pathetic way. I was at the game. When there were 2 min left the person I was with asked if I wanted to leave to get a head start on the 3 hr + drive home. I said, no way, I've seen this before. Fitz proceeds to throw an INT, and the D predictably collapses. Nothing will change until Chan and all the other coaches that no SEC team would even want are gone.

Stop. Please stop. Don't have any hope. Then you won't feel disgusted after the Bills loose the game in yet another pathetic way. I was at the game. When there were 2 min left the person I was with asked if I wanted to leave to get a head start on the 3 hr + drive home. I said, no way, I've seen this before. Fitz proceeds to throw an INT, and the D predictably collapses. Nothing will change until Chan and all the other coaches that no SEC team would even want are gone.

I feel your pain sir, all i ask is that you at least HOPE they can split the next two games...if they do would would that at least give you hope they can make the playoffs? be honest.

Yesterday's loss hurt so bad that it was hard for me to sleep. However, like in life I've tried to stay positive. (So I could sleep)

In order to do that I had to not just look at what's going with the bills but to also look at what's going right.

The positives I will take out yesterdays loss are these...

1) CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson, especially CJ Spiller, i don't think i can remember seeing a more electric player in a Bills uniform.

2) Ryan Fitzpatrick. If the D could of played halfway decent all we would be talking about is how great he looked (aside from the pick of course)

3) Stephon Gilmore. This guy is coming into his own and will be the lock down corner for years to come.

4) Our D Line will only get better, we have talent!!!

5) Our O Line, even with a banged up O line we were still able to create running lanes, this will only get better once Glen and Urbic come back healthy after the Bye week.

As far as the importance of that game, yes it was an important game, however, as i'm sure you all knew even before the season started there was ZERO chance this team could win the the super bowl and it was inevitable that our hearts would be broken at some point in the season...I think it just hurt so bad because we at least wanted to make the playoffs.

And this is why I still have hope (at least for the next two games)

If we can somehow split the next two games and come out of them with a 4 - 5 Record who out there doesn't believe we have a shot at making the playoffs? The AFC is in shambles and if we can somehow manage to gel together this team has a great chance at winning the AFC east and at the very least make the playoffs.

I agree with numbers 1 and 5, and 3 has potential.

But #2, remember that the Titans have a defense almost as bad as the Bills. And mainly Fitz was throwing screens etc. Almost hard to look bad under those circumstances, though he managed to do just that at the end. And #4, on paper i agree, but it has been 7 games now and no signs of life. Color me dubious.

i appreciate your looking for scenarios for playoffs. But I cannot even imagine a scenario where the Bills go to Texas and come out with a W. In fact this game has the potential for making the SF game a happy memory. The Pats* are at least a possibility. Though they beat the Bills soundly 6 weeks prior in Buffalo and are in a fight for the AFC East. A W is possible here but not a good bet by any means.

You might want to get a head start of your positives scenarios for 3-6 ;) But honestly, unless Wanny has an epiphany and suddenly finds an answer for this defense, even if they somehow manage a split I don't see playoffs this season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm guessing this thread gets ignored or you get blasted - I'm not sure which.

I'll play along though. As you mentioned, FJ and Spiller are both guys worthy of having an offense built around them. Stevie Johnson has had his best year so far. Not statistically but the guy gets open consistently against good DBs. I have yet to see a DB who can consistently cover him. With an a QB who could regularly get him the ball he would post big numbers (I used to say the same thing about Moulds - man if that guy had a decent QB he'd heading to Canton.) Also as you mentioned, the OL has done an incredible job considering the injuries there.

On D there isn't much nice to say. Byrd makes big plays with strips and INTs but he also makes quite a few bad plays. I won't get on him too much about the bad plays since he appears to be our only playmaker on D. Kyle Williams is a stud and appears to be the only DL who shows up on a regular basis. Gilmore is doing a fine job though I'm not sure if that's because teams target Aaron Williams mercilessly or because Gilmore is actually doing a fine job.

In looking over my positives for the D I noticed I had quite a few negatives about people in there too. Sorry, but that's the best I can do when talking about this D.

Edited by MDH

I agree with numbers 1 and 5, and 3 has potential.

But #2, remember that the Titans have a defense almost as bad as the Bills. And mainly Fitz was throwing screens etc. Almost hard to look bad under those circumstances, though he managed to do just that at the end. And #4, on paper i agree, but it has been 7 games now and no signs of life. Color me dubious.

i appreciate your looking for scenarios for playoffs. But I cannot even imagine a scenario where the Bills go to Texas and come out with a W. In fact this game has the potential for making the SF game a happy memory. The Pats* are at least a possibility. Though they beat the Bills soundly 6 weeks prior in Buffalo and are in a fight for the AFC East. A W is possible here but not a good bet by any means.

You might want to get a head start of your positives scenarios for 3-6 ;) But honestly, unless Wanny has an epiphany and suddenly finds an answer for this defense, even if they somehow manage a split I don't see playoffs this season.

I just want hope, and the Bills are due to beat a better team, i think it will happen...What if we won both? I BILLIEVE!!!

I'm guessing this thread gets ignored or you get blasted - I'm not sure which.

I'll play along though. As you mentioned, FJ and Spiller are both guys worthy of having an offense built around them. Stevie Johnson has had his best year so far. Not statistically but the guy gets open consistently against good DBs. I have yet to see a DB who can consistently cover him. With an a QB who could regularly get him the ball he would post big numbers (I used to say the same thing about Moulds - man if that guy had a decent QB he'd heading to Canton.) Also as you mentioned, the OL has done an incredible job considering the injuries there.

On D there isn't much nice to say. Byrd makes big plays with strips and INTs but he also makes quite a few bad plays. I won't get on him too much about the bad plays since he appears to be our only playmaker on D. Kyle Williams is a stud and appears to be the only DL who shows up on a regular basis. Gilmore is doing a fine job though I'm not sure if that's because team's target Aaron Williams mercilessly or because Gilmore is actually doing a fine job.

In looking over my positives for the D I noticed I had quite a few negatives about people in there too. Sorry, but that's the best I can do when talking about this D.

Thanks for playing along, its not easy but reality is we still have a shot at saving the season...

All morning long I have been bashing and telling everyone about how Dave needs to go and that even Chan might leave, I calmed down and starting to think this through. Ralph is not going to be around much longer, and for the Bills to drop a head coach and his great friend Dave what will the answer be then? Last year myself included said the stache would be a much better upgrade. Now we managed to be worse than last year? I really hope that calmer heads prevail and the management sits back and tries to see what the answer can be or changes that can be made to get this team better. One might think that TJ coming in at qb can help? I for one can see that and even can accept it as we all know Fitz is not the answer so lets see if the stronger arm guy can fit in. Football has just as much to do with chemistry as it does talent. I feel that if he fits in then give him a shot. I also think maybe bring in Vick? Is is publicly known that the Bills tried hard to get him but Goodell changed his mind to go with the eagles, who knows. Vick just might make a difference here. He can't hurt. Maybe try and get another LB a shot like putting Barnett in the middle?

I for one BILLIEVE the Bills need a shot of reality and maybe shufle things up. Even if the Bills went to the playoffs could they really win? So lets see some changes that make a difference and see what we get out of it....... OBD please make a change for the better and not worse. Case in point. Getting rid of Morman really showed us how it looks to get a ball punted for 21 yards..... Just saying. Bring in a play changer we need and shufle up the deck a little please..........

All morning long I have been bashing and telling everyone about how Dave needs to go and that even Chan might leave, I calmed down and starting to think this through. Ralph is not going to be around much longer, and for the Bills to drop a head coach and his great friend Dave what will the answer be then? Last year myself included said the stache would be a much better upgrade. Now we managed to be worse than last year? I really hope that calmer heads prevail and the management sits back and tries to see what the answer can be or changes that can be made to get this team better. One might think that TJ coming in at qb can help? I for one can see that and even can accept it as we all know Fitz is not the answer so lets see if the stronger arm guy can fit in. Football has just as much to do with chemistry as it does talent. I feel that if he fits in then give him a shot. I also think maybe bring in Vick? Is is publicly known that the Bills tried hard to get him but Goodell changed his mind to go with the eagles, who knows. Vick just might make a difference here. He can't hurt. Maybe try and get another LB a shot like putting Barnett in the middle?

I for one BILLIEVE the Bills need a shot of reality and maybe shufle things up. Even if the Bills went to the playoffs could they really win? So lets see some changes that make a difference and see what we get out of it....... OBD please make a change for the better and not worse. Case in point. Getting rid of Morman really showed us how it looks to get a ball punted for 21 yards..... Just saying. Bring in a play changer we need and shufle up the deck a little please..........

You're starting to BILLIEVE!!!

6893%20-%20anger_management%20animated_gif%20jack_nicholson%20reaction_image.gif&size=400x1000

I have no choice but to wish for at least one win at Texans or Cheatriots. If we could beat the Cheatriots then we still have a shot at making the playoffs, needing a awesome run to end the second half of the season of course, but it could happen. This team has to make the playoffs someday. If I have to wait then so be it, I'll be your pissed off neighbor next door you hear screaming, sorry Im a Bills fan neighbors.

there is a chance. what needs to be done is going to be an extreme uphill battle against overwhelming odds, but there is always a chance. whether or not it can be done is almost irrelevant. i will always hope, i will always billieve, and as long as they are still the BUFFALO bills, i will love this team.

I have no choice but to wish for at least one win at Texans or Cheatriots. If we could beat the Cheatriots then we still have a shot at making the playoffs, needing a awesome run to end the second half of the season of course, but it could happen. This team has to make the playoffs someday. If I have to wait then so be it, I'll be your pissed off neighbor next door you hear screaming, sorry Im a Bills fan neighbors.

adda boy

there is a chance. what needs to be done is going to be an extreme uphill battle against overwhelming odds, but there is always a chance. whether or not it can be done is almost irrelevant. i will always hope, i will always billieve, and as long as they are still the BUFFALO bills, i will love this team.

billieve baby!!!

Buffalo will get smoked in the next two games. Wake up and smell the coffee. It's over........really it is.

Texans 33 Bills 13

Patriots 47 Bills 14

then why watch this team play? why not just take a break and have someone let you know when they are good again, or gone?

Edited by swnybillsfan

Buffalo will get smoked in the next two games. Wake up and smell the coffee. It's over........really it is.

Texans 33 Bills 13

Patriots 47 Bills 14

hmmmm?

then why watch this team play? why not just take a break and have someone let you know when they are good again, or gone?

well said sir

I needed a good 24 hours after this last game I like others am frustrated and disappointed but not blaming the coaches....they have two tough games in a row and have to win one to really have any hopes.....good news it's not going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs this year (maybe not even 9).....the bad news at this point every team but two are in the playoff mix.

I needed a good 24 hours after this last game I like others am frustrated and disappointed but not blaming the coaches....they have two tough games in a row and have to win one to really have any hopes.....good news it's not going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs this year (maybe not even 9).....the bad news at this point every team but two are in the playoff mix.

well said sir

I gotta say I just don't see it. Unless the magical switch gets hit w Kelsay calling everyone out starting w Wanny rotating some more CB's for Aaron Williams....... Linebackers and wanny just look LOST. 1st half defense was comical, Chris Johnson had no resistance whatsoever

But lets fight off reality for two more weeks, might as well we sat through the 1-8

Time for the OL to get healthy and here's to Fitz's last stand, give me another 3 td performance vs Texans and this Tennessee game will be forgotten. Hats off to CJ and Fred really........these guys are moneybags when healthy.

This is the game....... lose and be 3-5 and it's over

Or 4-4 and let's bumrush Gillette stadium 2 more weeks off option 2. Billieving (not in wanny). Do your job defensive Coordinator. They don't look that coordinated. I nominate Kelsay for player coach

Edited by Ryan L Billz