If you think you hate the Patriots now, listen to this...

bbb

Bull. Who in the media is even talking about it?

Half a million dollars and a first round pick was not chump change.

that was the biggest story on ESPN for the better part of a year, ESPN allways hops on the dick of the story that gets them the most ratings case in point Tebowmania

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numerous other former coaches admitted to doing the same thing, are you telling me that the Cowboys' Super Bowls are tainted? Jimmy Johnson learned it from a Chiefs scout. The Broncos were punished for salary cap violations during their Super Bowl years. The Steelers team doctor was charged with felonies relating to steroid distribution. "Spygate" is the most overblown media controversy in the history of sports.

You're Russ Goldman aren't you?

http://www.patsfans....the-Decade.html

This scandal ended up being referred to as "Spygate" by the media. Three years later I look back at this crazy situation, and I believe more than ever that it was probably the most overblown controversy in the history of sports.

It wasn't just our players, it was audibly recorded, I remeber them playing it back a few years later, clear as day.BTW, there was nothing, from my memory, that was scandalous,

nobody even paid that much attention to it outside of Buffalo, that's how low we rate. I didn't rememeber Wade doing what you said, but I am sure he did, and that's awsome that

he did. Yes, this is one the NFL's methods of subtle manipulation, and it isn't too subtle anymore!

They walked off the field before the extra point.

The cheating does a lot to explain why they're as good as they are now. First, it gave Brady the opportunity to master the game with training wheels on. By the time they were caught he'd had several years to play with the knowledge of what was coming, which gives you an understanding of the game, and how to dissect it in real time, that you don't unlearn.

It also helped b/c they were able to trade off mid-level players for high draft picks for years, and attract top FAs to build a perennial juggernaut. It's not surprising that they've stayed good. It's also no surprising they haven't won another SB.

Numerous other former coaches admitted to doing the same thing, are you telling me that the Cowboys' Super Bowls are tainted? Jimmy Johnson learned it from a Chiefs scout. The Broncos were punished for salary cap violations during their Super Bowl years. The Steelers team doctor was charged with felonies relating to steroid distribution. "Spygate" is the most overblown media controversy in the history of sports.

Amen. So they videotaped a few practices, what was the big deal?

Hey look everyone, a new rule against helmet to helmet hits!! Watch me fine James Harrison!

The National Football League is satisfied that we learned the full story surrounding the Patriots' violation of league rules and that the resulting punishment was appropriate.

Seriously, get a life.

I just ordered the book, well kinda. I put it on my xmas list. Cant wait to read it, although Im sure to be pissed, ill get a certain sense of satisfaction that makes it easier to dust off the past 12 years of domination the Pats have had over the Bills, knowing they're cheaters.

It was not recorded to the best of my knowledge, this continues to grow as an urban myth amogst Bills fan. Yes, a couple Bills players say they heard the ref say this, but it is not audibly recorded.

This has grown as much as the myth of 2004 Piitsburgh game as a win and you are in contest. That was not the case, the Jets also had to lose that day. Lose they did, but only after they knew the Bills had lost and they had secured a spot in the playoffs and pulled starters and adjusted strategy accordingly

Yes it was in deed recorded, I am not relating this from someone who knew someone who heard that it was on tape, I am relating

this to you from what I actually heard and saw on replays, it is on tape. I belive that the NFL admitted that they screwd the pooch

on this one, and that was most likely to save face, as it was on tape.

The allegation were never about taped practices, (except one allegation that was later recanted/debunked). The allegation was taping signals from the wrong location is an area that was visible to the entire stadium.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/8347748/8348419

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2008/02/23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

read up on the actual controversy instead of spewing regurgitated bull ****

And add Bill Bowher and Dick Vermeil to this list thinking it is overblown.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2011/02/03/former-rams-coach-dick-vermeil-provides-todays-spygate-update-what-is-this-2007/

I don’t know if everyone was doing it, but everyone might’ve had a method of trying to do it,” Vermeil told 98.5 FM. “Maybe he did it better than everyone else. OK? And I’ll tell you this: In all honesty, I’ve coached as a head coach 15 years and an assistant four years, I know some things that have been done in the National Football League and I could document them, if I wanted to, that are far worse than that ever came close to being.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10084/cowher-patriots-are-team-of-decade

The primary objection to any discussion about the Patriots' greatness is the videotaping scandal that entangled the organization in 2007. I asked Cowher whether Spygate should taint what the Patriots accomplished.

The Spygate investigation included two victories over Cowher's Steelers in the '01 and '04 AFC Championship Games.

Cowher seems to absolve the Patriots for any wrongdoing.

"Listen, there's people stealing signals all the time before that," Cowher said. "You have ways to hide those things. We had wristbands for our defense. I remember trying to get offensive plays and see what the formations were. Everybody knows.

"You're trying to gain a competitive edge. Did that go beyond it? To a degree. Do I think that helped them win football games? No. You still have to go out and play the game. I still have a hard time believing that was a difference in a game."

The allegation were never about taped practices, (except one allegation that was later recanted/debunked). The allegation was taping signals from the wrong location is an area that was visible to the entire stadium.

http://www.cbssports...8347748/8348419

http://www.bostonher...e-is-overblown/

read up on the actual controversy instead of spewing regurgitated bull ****

Forget it. Its a obsession thing here, guaranteed to have 2-3 new threads a week. it's the only reason Bills aren't winners.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

You think other coaches are going to say they lost games to the Patriots because of this?

Jimmy Johnson never played the Pats with BB as HC, he was already retired. Johnson said he stole signals, Cowher said he stole signals. They admitted to doing the same thing BB was doing.

I just looked the writer of this book up:

http://www.finra.org/Newsroom/NewsReleases/2000/P011418

The guy is a fraud con artist.

Washington, DC—NASD Regulation, Inc., today announced that an NASD Regulation Hearing Panel expelled Premier Capital Management, Inc., Dallas, TX, for placing materially misleading advertisements in national publications to tout Continental Investment Corporation (OTCBB:CICGQ), failing to disclose compensation received from Continental, and other violations. The firm’s president and owner, Bryan James O’Leary, was suspended for 325 days and fined $62,500, while Ryan Mark Reynolds, a former registered representative, was suspended for 720 days and fined $155,000. In addition, O’Leary and Reynolds were ordered to buy back shares from, or to make restitution to, customers who purchased Continental stock based on one of Premier’s advertisements. O’Leary and Reynolds were also ordered to re-qualify and prove payment was made to customers prior to associating with a member firm. If they seek to re-enter the industry, they will be subject to pre-use filing requirements for future proposed advertisements and other communications with the public.

The Hearing Panel found that O’Leary and Reynolds had placed a materially misleading eight-page insert advertisement touting Continental in the September 1997 issue of Mutual Funds Magazine. The advertisement, which purported to be a research report, was distributed to more than 625,000 individuals. In addition, single-page advertisements, which described Continental as "A Stock Whose Time Has Come," and invited readers to contact Premier for a copy of "our research report," appeared in issues of Town & Country, Individual Investor, Estates Internationale, and Leading Estates of the World. Continental is a Dallas, TX corporation, which owned a large parcel of land near Atlanta, GA, which it believed had a possible future as a waste management facility.

The Hearing Panel found that the advertisement contained in Mutual Funds Magazine failed to provide an accurate and balanced picture of the risks and benefits of the investment, projected returns without a reasonable basis, and contained exaggerated claims. The following were among the fraudulent statements contained in the advertisement:

"nless Bill Gates or the Japanese dig a Grand Canyonesque hole 9 miles from downtown Atlanta, the value of [Continental’s] property has no place to go but up."

"Even if 99% of all stocks are dragged down with the overall market, in our opinion, [Continental] will be an extremely profitable exception."

"[W]e expect to see a tremendous upside ‘run’ in [Continental’s] stock price all the way up to, at least, the mid-fifties."

"Continental presents a ‘textbook case’ ... wherein a small company holding an insurmountable strategic advantage can potentially achieve complete predominance over significantly larger competitors."

In addition, the Hearing Panel found that Premier, O’Leary, and Reynolds failed to disclose the compensation they received from Continental for touting its stock. Premier received more than $200,000 to cover the costs it incurred for printing and publishing the research report and the single-page advertisements. The Panel also found that Reynolds received 10,000 shares of Continental stock, then worth over $200,000, as compensation for Reynolds’s services on behalf of Continental. Premier and O’Leary also failed to file the report with the Association’s Advertising Regulation Department.

I have always thought there was more to the whole Spygate story and it affected the Super Bowls more then they let on. Why else would the NFL be so insistent on destroying the evidence as soon as they could? They didn't rush to destroy Bounty Gate evidence?

Excuse the bad pun. It is because BountyGate is in a way the patsy for SpyGate. In other words, doing what they did w/BountyGate, takes the heat off the real disease: SpyGate. BountyGate really doesn't cause chaos... But, blowing the lid on SpyGate does... It has an impact on so much more... Especially SuperBowl legacy. Baseball has the 1919 "Black" Sox scandel... That was a one time deal, nipped in the bud... Just like Pete Rose. I also contend, Kraft is up (as was even worse years ago) to his ears in hock (franchise and stadium in Foxboro)... Just imagine if those fickle fans stopped coming to the games? The league woudl be in serious trouble keeping them a float...

I still believe that there are certain organizations that are on the square and certain ones that are less on the square... Be thankful, yes they lose more than they win, that BFLO is one of them on the square in so many ways.