Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

I am not a supporter of Fitzpatrick by any means, but he is not the reason for the outcome today. In fact, he was one one of the few reasons the Bills remained competitive until the end. Yes, the pick was extremely untimely, but overall he was very efficient and made plays when he needed too. 27 points on offense should get the job done.

...which brings me to the defense. Absolutely pathetic. It's actually regressed from last year! If Mario Willliams' injury isn't really affecting his play as poorly as he thinks, he may go down as the worst FA signing in franchise history. Absolutely no push on his end. No desire to win battles.

Kyle Williams is the only guy that shows up week in, week out. The LBs and secondary may be the worst in the league as well. Go ahead, fire all the coaches, change the schemes, do whatever. What it comes down to is that aside from 2-3 players on defense, this unit is the worst in the league BY FAR.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a fitz supporter, but i actually think that this game really did come down to fitz. he played really well for most of the game, but when it mattered most he was at his worst. i really wanted this to be the game that got his confidence back and got the fans and media to get off his back a little bit, but, i think he is in for a rough couple weeks. having said that, i still support him.

i am a fitz supporter, but i actually think that this game really did come down to fitz. he played really well for most of the game, but when it mattered most he was at his worst. i really wanted this to be the game that got his confidence back and got the fans and media to get off his back a little bit, but, i think he is in for a rough couple weeks. having said that, i still support him.

I disagree. Naturally, everyone is talking about the pick because it happened late in the game. If he threw that pick in the 1st quarter, no one would be talking about it. I understand that's not how it goes, and it was extremely untimely, but he put his team in position to win this game.

It was the defense that got torched on the ground, beat when it mattered in the air, and was just all around embarrassing.

If people are looking for a flawless, mistake free game out of the QB, then you're probably not going to find it. Look around the league, even the best QBs throw picks, fumble etc. He made one costly mistake today, whereas the defense was a mess when they stepped on the field right until the end.

I disagree. Naturally, everyone is talking about the pick because it happened late in the game. If he threw that pick in the 1st quarter, no one would be talking about it. I understand that's not how it goes, and it was extremely untimely, but he put his team in position to win this game.

It was the defense that got torched on the ground, beat when it mattered in the air, and was just all around embarrassing.

it wasn't just the pick, but the ineffective drive with 1 minute and game to go.

once again, having said that, i am still a fitz guy. the defense is definately the reason we lost, i'm just stating the argument that fitz didn't win it with the opportunity.

Edited by swnybillsfan

If people are looking for a flawless, mistake free game out of the QB, then you're probably not going to find it. Look around the league, even the best QBs throw picks, fumble etc. He made one costly mistake today, whereas the defense was a mess when they stepped on the field right until the end.

Check that 2 mistakes. I really never thought I'd ever be defending Fitzpatrick lol!

Yes, the pick was extremely untimely...

Understatement of the year.

Fitz had a terrific game and the defense sucked for pretty much 90% of the day.

But Fitz had an opportunity to put the game away with a 1st down and he got picked on one of his worst throws of the season. He then had an opportunity to get the offense into field goal range with a full minute and 2 timeouts--- and he flubbed it.

You can't say "you can't put this on Fitz", because it's arguable that the defense put them in position to win the game in the 2nd half. Splitting hairs on just how much blame is to be parsed out to either Fitz or the D is getting old.

Yes, 195 yds for Chris Johnson is unacceptable...NE game 200+ yds, SF 200 yds...this is becoming unwatchable on defense. granted, the offense has it's share of wtf moments, but putting up 34 pts should have done it.

"when it mattered most" 34 points at home isn't good enough? Tell me, when "did it matter most" for the defense? Apparently they never got that memo...

"when it mattered most" 34 points at home isn't good enough? Tell me, when "did it matter most" for the defense? Apparently they never got that memo...

yes, the defense was awful today. they didn't give up 600 yards or 50 points but they were dreadful. as far as "when it mattered most", i think that with the ball in your hand and the game on the line, that's when it "matters most". should it have come to that? hell no! did it come down to that? unfortunately, yes.

If your quarterback is having an "outstanding game"---as many here acknowledge, then the defense needs to give him a modicum of support. A quaerback's "outstanding performance" doesn't get negated by one play if his defense has even a middling performance.

Instead Fitz's "outstanding performance" was completely negated by defensive mistakes.